Inevitabilism Vs. Compatabilism

That’s a speed bump, are you trying to tell them to slow down about judging this thing?

:laughing: If they were any slower they’d be going backwards. Let’s face it, even google image search is running out of ideas to bump this thread.

I vote for Tab.

I would like to state that I do not vote for Tab because he is right. Both Pav and Tab are wrong, however, Pav has failed in motivating his argument properly because he misunderstands he argument of Chaos theory, which is one AGAINST cause and effect. The reality of this problem is that causality exists in our minds and we cannot prove that it exists outside of our minds as well. Since this is the case we must separate between the noumenon and the phenomenon, which is what Tab is pointing towards: one thinking he chooses x, might be simply a computer program deluded into thinking it actually can choose or something. However, Tab does not make the proper jump towards the inapplicability of quantum indeterminacy to reality since it is a model and therefore applies the causal workings of our mind, as opposed to the reciprocity of reality.

Anyway, the vote was for Tab.

Christmas has come early this year.

Thanks for taking the time to vote Arjen.

Okay, so the tally sits now at:

4-3 to dear old me. My God, I’m in the lead. :astonished:

Hmmmm… I might have to change my abstention to a vote just to even things up… :evilfun:

Ah-ah-ah No takey-backies…

Two hours remain for voting.

Haha. Well done Tab :smiley:

Voting has concluded, and (only including votes that picked a favorite one way or another), Tab is the winner by a margin of 3-2.

I’d like to extend my congratulations to Tab as well as my gratitude for taking the time to participate in this Debate with me. I would also like to extend my gratitude to all who took the time to Judge this Debate as well as everyone who took the time to read it (even if they chose not to Judge).

I would also like to say that I consider it an honor to have this Debate come down to only one vote, going into this thing I thought that I was going to get crushed.

I’ll probably have more to say about this Debate in the next day or two, unfortunately, I’m kind of pressed for time at the moment.

Wow, close run thing. Probably, to be honest, too close to call. I’m up for a draw if you are Pav.

Anyway, thanks for participating everybody, and thanks to Pav for providing such an excellent foil against which to bounce ideas.

:laughing: Are you two finished playing kissy face? So what and when is the next debate? Can you find some area of disagreement with a little bite in it?

Did we overdo the whole polite thing…? :-k #-o

Ahh Tent I think its refreshing to see folks being polite and kissyface. They do it so well too. :sunglasses:

I appreciate the sentiment, especially given the nature of Unsuper’s vote because he admitted to not actually reading the Debate, but the fact that you are the winner has been decided.

I thought about accepting that proposition due to Unsuper’s vote, but you didn’t have to let TheBerto’s vote count either and you did, so, you are undisputedly the winner of this Debate!

In the words of the Terminator, though, “I’ll be back!”

Yay, I rock, and you suck, in that case. =D>

I’m glad you accept victory with such maturity and decorum. :wink:

I wonder what that picture was showing…

Photobucket was being a bit preachy. Tumblr, however, really just doesn’t care.