ILP Legends

When I first got here I was innocently dragged into the great 2006 or 2007 cabal dustup. All players other than myself qualified as legends vs legends. I must admit all were fantastic during the fight. Wheeeww the dust really flew on that one quite the spectacle, very educational.

:laughing:

what’s this now? can you provide a link? I don’t recall this.

:laughing: Oh no the parties involved would probably rather it all lay to rest as an interesting time on the forum

Jenny Heart/Sabrina - I wouldn’t say I miss her, but I definitely remember her. She was the King Midas of abortion flame wars, and her writing style was like LadyJane on speed. A great way to kill time, but she quickly annoyed everyone until she was banned (twice) by popular demand (before I was a mod, I’m not sure what was the official reason).

Bessy, James No 2, Shyster, Tab, Old Gobbo, SIATD, it was cool when they would get into arguments with each other. I know some of them are still drifting around here and there but it was cool when they were all on here all at once.

In the pantheon of ILP Elder Gods, Dunamis would be Cthulhu. There are other giants that once strode is forum; certainly James No. 2, Gamer, Detrop…It’s been so long and school has kept me so busy that I don’t recall all the Great Old Ones. Certainly Ucci was a worthy adversary & peer. Dr S was a great poster, too. I’m quite fond of Thirst, he was good shit. Tab is sort of our Loki. Although he was no heavyweight I always enjoyed interacting with Drift, too. There are many more I know I’ve forgotten to mention, and this in no way should be taken as a slight.

The guy I miss the most is probably Old Timer/Pinnacle of Reason. I dunno why. It’s like losing your leg, getting a prosthetic one and then later getting some freakish sci-fi stem cell treatment or transplant. For some sentimental reason you might miss your peg leg, or at least your handicapped parking tags.

I am a legend of my trousers anyway.

How could I have forgotten Bob! Truly he’s a gentleman and a scholar, possessed of deeply religious views but never pushy about it. He has a fine “soul”, I think.

Will Ben still participate in the forum? He always fascinated me, he was kind of mysterious. I bet he was cute. I wonder what he’s up to. Ben are you out there?!

I am not a legend I am a God, there is a subtle distinction.

History became myth and myth became legend and legend became bullshit.

I am a legend in my own mobius stripped pants. And thus I don’t exist in nature.

Such a novel complex

It is I have a God complex but I don’t believe in myself. Deliciously paradoxical: God squares the circle though.

Great thread, brings back some fond memories and some not so fond!

I’m not sure if anyone else was around at this point but Magius was always an interesting character. I read everything that Polemarchus wrote, a true wiseman. Always worth checking out posts from Pangloss too.

Gamer composed and sang two songs about ILP which I still listen to today :slight_smile:

I don’t think its required that Gods believe in themselves. They just have to get others to in order to exist.

And of course everyone worships me. [-o<

Wow!! Ben is here!

How are you doing? Are you still in school? If so what are you studying? Are you married? If you are working what field are you working in? What field would you like to be in?

Tell us! Tell us! Tell us! Please.

I’m so full of questions.

Thanks Ed

I love you Ben! (Call me)

Ummmm, I think that last post belongs in the Love and Relationships section.

Really? I guess I forgot to go to your church to verify this. Can you prove this?