Nietzsche and Christianity meet Hegel

The audacity of a myth is it’s power, Dunamis. You’re fighting for the prey the animal allready ate.

I shall be proud to be considered a follower of Nietzsche’s. I will pursue his philosophy, and see where it leads me.

Nietzsche would be disgusted at anyone who ‘followed’ him.

Dunamis may be slightly off but at least he’s taking a few swings at that mustached bastard.

You gotta fight him, you gotta win – cause Fritz fights dirty.

'Tis your false familiarity that is disgusting, Old Gobbo friend buddy!

Only someone who cannot create their own truth, in other words someone who does not understand Nietzsche, would say such a thing…dear, dear follower…may you always have something to follow, and may you never lead.

O.G., Sauwelios is right, only a lacky truly knows his master.

Loving the master.-- Not as apprentices do, loves a master a master.”

Blah, blah. If you understand Nietzsche better than I, please put me right - preferably in ChimneySweep’s Nietzsche: Image over Substance thread.

In following Nietzsche, I follow myself.

:wink:

You hold on too tightly to your perceptions.

'‘Tis’ a shame it would take a demonstration of quotes and such to demonstrate this.

Shame on you, then.

lol. I could care less what you think.

At least on this issue.

re-read and try again cause that doesn’t even make sense. It should be Sauwelius, OG is right… etc.

Lay off the herb dude. You have lost your ability to detect irony.

No master claims to be a follower.

And where did you learn that universal truth?

I do not speak in universal truths. Universals are an anathema produced by discourse. I am not writting syllogisms. All I can say is that anybody who whines about how much he is following someone is nothing more than an ape. And if I was to actually take Nietzsche’s concept of truth seriously, I would be embarassed to be caught talking is such a submissive way. The first and last rule of reading Nietzsche is to overcome Nietzsche.

And again you conclude with a general statement.

“Humility hath the hardest skin.”
[The Stillest Hour.]

look faust; this is what I mean. Nietzsche’s philosophy is much more powerful and rich to me than he would have if I had not read thousands of Sauwelios’ posts. A philosophy is a seed. The plant is it’s consequence.
To learn to understand a philosophy, separate from the philosopher (I know what Nietzsche said about that) it is useful to feed it’s conseqences back to the philosophy as you know it. For me, nazi germany says as much to me about Nietzsche as do the classical greeks. It’s hyperborean quality is it’s first noticeable consequence; a physical clash resulting from the bases instincts it recognized, and thereby, activated. History will feed Nietzsche’s thoughts back to us, I believe. Nietzsche’s sternest thoughts in the most physical form. First the antichrist, we have had him in Hitler. The arrow of longing of Zarathustra will be the next metaphor to realize. Our end is the departure point of Nietzsche’s philosophy:
—The earth offers its gifts voluntarily, and the savage beasts of mountain and desert approach in peace. The chariot of Dionysus is bedecked with flowers and garlands; panthers and tigers stride beneath his yoke. If one were to convert Beethoven’s “Hymn to Joy” into a painting, and refuse to curb the imagination when that multitude prostrates itself reverently in the dust, one might form some apprehension of Dionysian ritual.----

When you learn to tell the difference between a rule and a general statement, you will have learned something.

Anyways, I wish you the best of luck in your zeal in following your desire to follow.

Like a good little satanist, N. focused always on the removal of suppression from nature’s own potentiality.

As the nihilists say: “Stop, stop, stop! This is all meaningless! It deserves to die.” Neitzche would have said the opposite, not wanting only one single thing, and thus, always misunderstood by those whom expect N. to have had some single idea, single concept, single morality, single rule.

His writings, in many ways, were his own little forms of black-sabbaths.

Turning away from that which was meant to control all aspects of the sheeple, and protesting against that which pretends to be beyond reality itself.

Its good that you bring up the satanists, for this site has had more than its fair share of them. There is no group of followers I have ever noticed speak, in a more homogeneous and mindless way, than do “satanists”. Nietzsheans, satanists, a bunch of people who by and large are mindlessly “unique”, as they stare into the mirror telling themselves how unique they are, over and over and over again.

hmm… Well you are correct about the weed. Yeah, like I said… if you switch the names it makes sense.

There is a difference between being different from the masses and unique.

Just for edification though, I think Dr. Satanical was a parody.

Do you make the rules, Dunamis? Or do you merely follow them?

You seem to be so naive as to think that a master must be completely independent. My paradox is that the need for freedom is a slavish need. My motto: