The Astral-Plane:

The Astral Plane is merely a fantasy, corresponding to places in the brain that are projected onto paper and shared enthusiastically among those with similar places.

Prove it.

I must say I love topics such as this because it creates so many new door ways in regards to our minds, the world around us, and the potential wherein.

Hmmm…we are talking about Advanced Dungeons & Dragons, aren’t we?

We’re talking about a place in which only a rare few get to consciously know or experience. And as the foundationalism of reality is banality, most persons believe that all rarities are myths.

Oh, we’re talking about mushrooms. :wink:

hehe ironically many mystics etc. have used drugs like mushrooms and other hallucinogenics for easier access to this realm mentally.

Dude, that’s totally why I did shrooms when I was young. :wink: :laughing:

In the same way as an anti-depressant can simply deepen a pleasure or peace which you already have, small doses of certain substances increase a certain form of brain function or overstimulate a brain process for a while, but this would only deepen or widen a psychic experience which the person must already be capable of.

Long story short:

Shrooms don’t give you access to the astral plane, they just make it more vivid if you already have developed access.

That is fine by me. I was just throwing a non-specific statment out there with a certain correlation between drugs and opening of ones mind.

Genetic engineering or cybernetic attachments, if advanced enough, could open and extend the mind over 1000 times its current limit, and that limit is only pushed slightly by overstimulants.

Dan,

So the idea of God isn’t all that unreasonable to you now is it? I don’t know how you can talk about astral projection and say a God existing is nonsense and a fairy tale.

I’m not trying to pick at you, but as much criticism as you give against Theology, you stand on a very surprising, and very ironic belief here.

ilovephilosophy.com/phpbb/vi … p?t=152925
^
Read this.

(about astral plane)
The “gods” I saw were finite.

The “higher powers” I felt didn’t feel like they were people who had bible morality.

Just admit it:

Bible and Quran and many others HUMAN writings dictate their ideas about “God” instead of just saying: “That’s what I think, but I’m not absolutely correct. It’s my best guess.”

Insteat they write arrogantly, with vast ego, as: “God’s mouth piece”, instead of as: “One man’s estimate”.

Can you see why I can’t stand the Semetic holybooks?

((btw, my other experience))
Angels make me scared…
They are allot like humans, but more strict with their ideas, and they have different physical sorts of powers.

not to my understanding. But an astral figure probably does. Anyway, matter isn’t solid - it’s becoming. The soul is some sort of ‘being’ if I understand it right.

Burt possible

Thought and matter are of the same substance, and interrelate. One does not create the other, but they influence each others structure. To aquire power over this formative process is possible.
I’ve read with great interest Dion Fortune’s The Mystical Kabbalah and Gareth Knight’s A Practical Guide to Qabalistic Symbolism. Also looked into the first five chapters of Alice Baileys’ Treatise on White Magic. It helped me to experience what power you can awaken by mere thinking and breathing.
Accordng to her, the astal plane is for beginners and barbarians. I have no idea how to assess this woman. She’s crazy and kind of demonic but that is not necessaily a bad thing.

Got any gromoires about it?

Thumbs up

Ah, yes. I am a beginner, and I can only get into the astral plane a little bit but I don’t understand it and it makes me tuckered out soon. I can’t tell sometimes what’s real and what’s my imagination.

I can see why and how she is advanced, also, as she probably is good at doing ancient rituals and things like that.

:sunglasses: :laughing:

Douchebag…:wink: I was just beginning to enjoy this conversation.
The astral plane is just lucid dreaming you can spice up with different techniques, but of course it’s all complete nonsense in terms of common sense. I just never really got these terms. I still think believing in common sense is like believing in Santaclause.

=============
it is a fantasy to those who do not know the technique and do not know that every one of us has this ability.

Has this potential, yes, but developing psionic skill is far from simple. Persons often estimate anything beyond their normal awareness is either fantasy or mystery.

Dan, can you explain seeing things outside of what we know?

We can’t imagine a notion of something we’ve never experienced, encountered.

I would believe you if you could tell me you heard new sounds or instruments, or maybe new colors if that’s possible. Otherwise the plane can be imagination unlocked, even if fantasy, it’d sure be cool, however the requirements seem that of what you’d do to invoke a demon(based one what I know). And yes, there isn’t supposed to be anything evil with it, but evil isn’t horns and fire, evil is anything that takes your sight off God, this study does just that. If I wasn’t a Christian I’d definitely be studying it and finding out how to play with my mind, or i’d play with some Quiji boards.

:-$