Introduce yourself here <-----

So hows the studies goin kid, I hope well. Take care and I hope you kick ass and graduate at the top of your class.

Smiles,

Aspacia :smiley:

:sunglasses: Ah, but we all can agree to disagree, no? At least some of us.

:smiley: :smiley: And “HI” right back at ya.

Let’s keep it to introductions :slight_smile: We don’t want to scare away the new people!

A bit late for me to introduce myself since I’ve already made a few enemies on this board and written a couple of hundred posts, but hello nonetheless.

I really like this forum, it’s a good blend of discussions, some more complex than others, some more trivial than others. It doesn’t seem to be struck by the problems of moderation and protest that I’ve seen elsewhere, and it isn’t full of arrogants wankers, so I stand out in that regard.

You worry about enemies?

Hello to you, too.

I don’t worry about enemies, but I’ve made my fair share of them.

“a friend can betray you but with an enemy you always know where you stand” - anon.

Keep your freinds close, and your enemies closer.

always.

there is a girl at my school, and she is officially my best enemy. we have heaps on things in common but totally opposite personalities. shes really anal (which isnt necersarily a bad thing) and im really laid back. so were always fighting and stuff.

i hang out with her as much as i do my best friend.

Hi I’ve made a few posts here already but thought I should Introduce myself,

I’m 21 years old
I live in England

great introduction…

i feel like i know you completely. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Hi.
I’m Dan.
I like coffee.

Hi Sydon, Dan, we’re glad you could make it.

We’ll be preparing for guided meditation in a few moments, but before that I’d like to address a few matters first.

First, did I have to say “first” above or does the “before” imply the time and therefore saying “few matters first” is in fact redundant?

What do you make of this quote from Nietzsche:

The value of insipid opponents. At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid.”

I think that it is underserving of adversaries to lose interests in one another. An enemy that is no longer dangerous is no different than an insipid friend. Making comparions to your best friend, I gotta wonder what it is that you call “enemy.”

And Doc. I don’t get your signature quote. It says that the best I can get is as a memory in the mind of someone who hates me.

I’m shooting for true immortality, and here’s the thing. I am beginning to believe that in order to become immortal, one must possess a certain amount of idealistic knowledge and experience. This is painstaking and not for the weak or feeble minded. Only a handful in any given generation make it to immortality-hood, the rest…well, they were just too stupid to know what it meant. I hate it for 'em.

Don’t let that be you, oh winged devil-bird spawn of Satan. Let love and noble thoughts enter unto you, and seek understanding before all else.

A Spinoza party slogan for you, Doc:

“The noble path is as rare as it is difficult.”

My name’s Jon, I’m 17 and I’ve only just joined ILP this week, but its really good fun and great to share ideas.

Oh my god. Did I just cheese you out, Jon? I was totally kidding about the guided meditation and stuff. I think I just made an ass of myself. I can only imagine how you picture me: that friendly guy at the philosophy forum who loves to chat and give compliments.

Well I’m not, damnit!

I assure you that I am not some guy named “Gary” who wears a wool sweater and attends vitamin seminars.

I can be a first rate asshole, just ask Dunamis, because he can be one too.

Please, now is not the time for greetings and platonic mingling. Now is the time for world revolution and cutting-edge philosophy.

I ask that you take upon yourself the task of nobility and patriotism, and join PoR in his/her campaign against stupidity. As you know, stupidity is the basic building block of the universe, as Zappa put it once.

There will be no guided meditation and Marcie will not be giving massage therapy either.

I’m sorry if you took me seriously. Nice to meet you anyway, sir.

détrop,

If anyone takes your postings overly seriously, then they will soon enough be disabused of that notion. (Just as anyone who takes any of the postings here at ILP overly seriously should soon enough be disabused of that notion as well.)

De’trop.
The only immortality that can be measured or observed is the immortality of Alexander the great, Albert Einstein and Adolph Hitler. Immortality through remembrance and significance to those that still live.

Excellent board. I really enjoy all the various posts and discussions.
My name is Kelley, 38, from NC.

Hi there, checking in. My name is John, I’m 20, and I live in Houston, Tx. I’ve been a lurker here at ILP for a while but I only signed up today. Just letting you guys know I exist, though this is up for debate.