Introduce yourself here <-----

I lurk here pretty frequently, so this is like meeting people that I already kind of know. I decided to finally register tonight, and hopefully, I’m here to stay.

Hi. Just found the website. I wish I had found it years ago. I’m hoping it’s more about ideals than who wrote what about what theory. I’ve put thousands of hours into thinking about and talking about philosophy/life, whatever but haven’t read much formal material on the subject. So far it seems that there’s a bit of everything here.
My nickname doesn’t mean anything but one friend called me it randomly one day and I just like the sound of it. No one else calls me it. I thought for quite a while about what to use for my username. I almost went with “just another human”.

I’m really looking forward to what I can learn here.

“pff” is a sound. the kind you make when you roll your eyes.

im not talking about personification, i am saying that in the English language if you are talking about more than one sheep, you do not add an “s” at the end, but instead keep it as is. you dont always add an “s” at the end of a word and make it plural, like “cacti” “octopi” “knives” “deer”.
and as far as chinese astrology goes, it doesnt validate anything if you have no faith in it.

Hi, my name is not Satyr.

I like pretending I’m someone else, making babies cry, creating havoc, burying the bone and talking about anything but myself.

I live in a country that is not one, a culture attached to the hip, and I was brought here by force, at the tender age of 9 months.
I am an expatriated, expatriate, a migrant immigrant and I’m torn between staying and leaving before I return.

I enjoy simplicity and drinking wine on patios. I sometimes also enjoy drinking heavily and letting myself become a fool.

I enjoy conflicting friendliness and walks in the woods, where purity contrasts, so extremely, against that of the concrete jungles.

Beauty is irrelevant if it is not accompanied by depth. It’s like a fine piece of linen covering rock.

I’m the rock.

Welcome to the forums Satyr.

embracetrees,

“pff” is a sound. the kind you make when you roll your eyes.

Thanks for the lesson. I’m practicing it right now. :slight_smile:

any time :smiley:

any time :smiley:

Thanks embrace.
I have mastered the lessen.

i have mastered the lesser too, in the past. it’s boring.

Embrace,
Could you translate this?

ZENO, Thanks.

Hi, is there a physics, nanotech prof. there by the name of Malcolm Heggie?? Gosh, he works in either Sussex or Essex, but I have forgotten which. In any case he is my first cousin, a super bright chap with a nice disposition, but again, I have never been his student.

You forgot, aspacia baiter :smiley:

Wow, and CONGRATULATIONS AVICENNA A.D. I wish you success and happiness. I drink to your health, wealth and happiness :smiley:

Smiles,

Aspacia

So hows the studies goin kid, I hope well. Take care and I hope you kick ass and graduate at the top of your class.

Smiles,

Aspacia :smiley:

:sunglasses: Ah, but we all can agree to disagree, no? At least some of us.

:smiley: :smiley: And “HI” right back at ya.

Let’s keep it to introductions :slight_smile: We don’t want to scare away the new people!

A bit late for me to introduce myself since I’ve already made a few enemies on this board and written a couple of hundred posts, but hello nonetheless.

I really like this forum, it’s a good blend of discussions, some more complex than others, some more trivial than others. It doesn’t seem to be struck by the problems of moderation and protest that I’ve seen elsewhere, and it isn’t full of arrogants wankers, so I stand out in that regard.

You worry about enemies?

Hello to you, too.