Introduce yourself here <-----

Hello everyone and one and all, a brief emergence of self

I’ve been hovering over this site for a number days. Was clued up to it by word of mouth ~ enthusiasm like that just gets under my skin. I can’t help my self. And I’m sure it was pointed.

Having lost most (if not all) of my convictions in recent years - as a result of nervous actions, I’m beginning to select pieces of climbing frame for to lend me back the way up there, anew.

I’m glad we can’t tell how the weather’ll be, is my start.

A pleasure to meet you all when the clouds permit. Bright stars

Obligitory introduction post:

Hi I’m Ert and I think about things sometimes. Often, I have thoughts that are (in my opinoin) not entirely unworthy of expression. My philosophical resume’ consists of smoking an awful lot of pot with some phenomenolgists, reading (and probably horribly misinterpreting) a few philosophers, taking Phi 101, having a past that I both cherish and regret, hitchiking, walking around, figureing out what logic is, driving the highway, engaging in activities that legal counsul has advised me not to talk about too much, and looking at what’s in front of me.

I’ve posted quite a bit already so you may think that this is another afterthought post, but it isn’t. I am a shy person in some ways and in order for me to open up and post about myself as me, I kinda have to participate a little first.

At this point I know that my reading is sorely behind the curve, so I will most likely pretty much confine myself to babble, the unmoderated philosophy forum and rants until I feel like I can contribute and get something out of the more acedemic forums. But I make no promises, I only try to predict my future behavior as honestly as I feel like at any given time.

fdhhdf

Don’t be tentative ert… we already have one of those :smiley:

No but seriously… don’t feel scared to post in the philosophy section just cause you’re not well read, no one will bite your head off… at least not too many people.

I do not fear my head getting bitten off, I fear my head deserving to get bit off and not.

don’t know what to say. UNI is an alias. If I say something good (or bad) some of you might not believe me so I say you all seem to be an interesting bunch and thank you for the space.

i’m a grad student at SUNY Albany.

My name is logan, I don’t know everything of one subject but I know a little of everything.

Hello my name is Matt. And I’m pretty new at this.

Hello all nice to see you here.

Name:Ask
Sex: Female
Height: 5.5
Weight: 120
Favorite colors: Red, Black, White
Education: above L
Marital Status: Single (In case you are wondering…I like Rabbits and Sheeps)

Can anyone tell me whose posts are worthy of my time? I have two jobs and no time to read all.

the plural of “sheep” is “sheep”.
education above L…pfff

What is the meaning of ‘pfff’?

We can personify ‘Sheep’ when we talk about people-sheeps.
People-sheeps are, according to Chinese Astrology, greatly affected by different cosmic forces: metal, water, fire, earth, etc. So the personified sheeps, relaxed earth sheeps and enthusiastic fire sheeps, are very different from the school of fish we see in the ocean. Do you accept my reply?

I lurk here pretty frequently, so this is like meeting people that I already kind of know. I decided to finally register tonight, and hopefully, I’m here to stay.

Hi. Just found the website. I wish I had found it years ago. I’m hoping it’s more about ideals than who wrote what about what theory. I’ve put thousands of hours into thinking about and talking about philosophy/life, whatever but haven’t read much formal material on the subject. So far it seems that there’s a bit of everything here.
My nickname doesn’t mean anything but one friend called me it randomly one day and I just like the sound of it. No one else calls me it. I thought for quite a while about what to use for my username. I almost went with “just another human”.

I’m really looking forward to what I can learn here.

“pff” is a sound. the kind you make when you roll your eyes.

im not talking about personification, i am saying that in the English language if you are talking about more than one sheep, you do not add an “s” at the end, but instead keep it as is. you dont always add an “s” at the end of a word and make it plural, like “cacti” “octopi” “knives” “deer”.
and as far as chinese astrology goes, it doesnt validate anything if you have no faith in it.

Hi, my name is not Satyr.

I like pretending I’m someone else, making babies cry, creating havoc, burying the bone and talking about anything but myself.

I live in a country that is not one, a culture attached to the hip, and I was brought here by force, at the tender age of 9 months.
I am an expatriated, expatriate, a migrant immigrant and I’m torn between staying and leaving before I return.

I enjoy simplicity and drinking wine on patios. I sometimes also enjoy drinking heavily and letting myself become a fool.

I enjoy conflicting friendliness and walks in the woods, where purity contrasts, so extremely, against that of the concrete jungles.

Beauty is irrelevant if it is not accompanied by depth. It’s like a fine piece of linen covering rock.

I’m the rock.

Welcome to the forums Satyr.

embracetrees,

“pff” is a sound. the kind you make when you roll your eyes.

Thanks for the lesson. I’m practicing it right now. :slight_smile:

any time :smiley:

any time :smiley: