Introduce yourself here <-----

Hoo hoo! I’m new and not new. I used to hang out daily (not literally) at ILP about 2 years ago. Thought I’d come back and sniff around, see what or who has changed.

For the benefit of those I don’t know: hello, my name is tkingdoll and I am a tee-totaller.

I’m also from Birmingham, UK, but please don’t hate me for it.

Hmm… Hadn’t realized there were so many kids on ILP. :blush: Not that we mind discussing philosophy with kids, in fact we used to teach an ESL class here in Nagasai, Japan using A Young Person’s Guide to Philosophy “I Think Therefore I Am” by Jeremy Weate - Macmillan Languagehouse as our textbook; :smiley: however, it does seem to us that although we’re championing more open relations between adults and kids as a means of protecting them from potentially exploitative game site policy, our previous two posts in the Philosophy and Essay threads were more suitable for comment by adult philosophers :sunglasses:
Sadly, none have chosen to reply, leaving us rather at a loss as to what, if anything, we should post here next? :unamused:

O don’t worry about that. I am not an “old” member, but it is not bad if people don’t notice something you’ve written. Maybe all of them simply find your posts so interesting that they thought it’d be useless to add any commentary.

What is an “adult” philosopher
I consider myself to be a philosopher (some of you here may disagree), a rather radical philosopher. But sometimes I don’t think I am more intelligent than a child.

And compared to 99% of Internet pages, ILP is a most!

Welcome, ESSHOC, to you and to all the other new members!

haha! Well, I am new, love philosophy, just graduated highschool in Houston, TX and am usually called VERY cute. I have a strong belief in education–I am beginning my college education at Carelton in Minnesota next year with plans of eventually becoming a college professor. I like to talk philosophy, politics, current events, literature and science (though it is not my strong suit). My other interests include basketball,and music (singing and drums), which i participated in in highschool.

Nice to meet everybody.

Color Me Attracted to the diverse content, and personalities, at ILP.

My name is Katharena.

My name isn’t Bessy, but I play one on ILP. :sunglasses: Welcome to you… :smiley:

AVICENNA A.D., student, degree of philosophy in hand tomorrow! Tantalized by philosophy, politics, religion, sports (I’ll dunk on you and quote Nietzche in German), Physics of space, time, spacetime, stupid people, smart people, nothing in between.

greetings… new here, introduced to the site by my buddy avicenna. what up yo? you didn’t think i’d forget, did you? i’m kind of addicted :confused:

my interests: fashion, shopping, boys, and myself!

…just kidding…

peace out

PS: AD–nietzche in german eh? how about i quote you avicenna himself in arabic :wink:
…congrats on your graduation!!

Well, you just sound like an all-around badass!

Hello, all. I’m obviously new. I just graduated highschool about a month ago. Planning on majoring in philosophy in college and eventually teaching the subject.

I may start posting a lot, but chances are I’ll be a resident lurker.

[edit: You all are by far the most interesting, amusing, and intimidating group I have ever seen. o.o;]

hi im a new guy and a young one i think im the youngest if there is younger then 14 pm me
id be surprised if there is!

hello from igor, thorry i havent introduced mythelf before i wathnt thure if ilp was the place for me. but after a few dayth of reading (or lurking ath itth called) i thought id stick around. anyone who readth Terry Pratchet will know why i write like thith…

but i can also write normally if im being serious. i came to ilovephilosophy.com by accident - it was the homepage on the second-hand computer i just bought. i chose igor because ironically or perhaps un-ironically i work as a professional mourner attached to a number of undertakers here in Milton Keynes. im not very well ecucated but have a somber disposition and plenty of time to think (for some reason less people seem to die during the summer months - must be the sunshine) i hope people will find my comments interesting.

thankyou for reading and ill thee you all later…

professional mourner

Could you tell us about that?

wow…professional mourner? pardon my ignorance, but i never knew you guys existed. what exactly does the job entail?

lol…so i wasn’t the only one who found that intriguing
by the way, welcome :smiley:

Hello New F(r)iends,

I be the Sea Captain… Yar!
Yar, ye all be handsome petes, do ye dance on the pier for nickels?
Yar, I’m not attractive but tell me this then … do ye have any spare change?

holds out hand and shakes the hand of all the new members

-Thirst4TheSimpsons… Yar!

In solid form I wade through a sea of lunacy…could ILP be the light at the end? Or just the beginning?

Hi all! I guess I’ve been a voyer here too long; time to throw my hat into the proverbial ring…step on it all you want, just give it back when you’re done… :smiley:

oh my, i think youre gonna go on m “favourites” list! :smiley:

Hi Embrace, let’s not jump to any conclusions just yet… :wink:

I’m sure 'twould be an honor…

thats why i said “i think” dear…