Introduce yourself here <-----

Since this is the introductions area, I feel that I should be allowed to do at least that. I get your point Ben, but you didn’t have to remove my introduction:

Hi. I’m vortical… :astonished:

PS. yeah, sorry it got all crazy- sigh- I’ll have to start my own Thrist fanclub elsewhere I’d imagine!

Welcome to all the new people… I Thirst.

I welcome discussions with anyone regarding nearly everything. I have pretty strong views on many issues like the following: Capitalism; Communism; Trade/Labor Unions; Drugs; Religion; God; Mysticism; the Simpsons, Humor, male-female relations :wink:, and more. You will find that I can be stubborn but will reluctantly admit when I am wrong.

I look forward to debating (aka arguing) with you.

Hello, I’m Crooked Mouth.

Many of you might think I chose that name based on my avatar, but you would be wrong. It is actually derived from… well, I’ll let you figure it out.

I really enjoy a good debate, especially if I am swayed by logic to believe the opposite of what I was trying to argue. I’ll talk about most things, but I’m honestly sick of discussing communism / capitalism and any topic related to. Certainly I enjoy a good god bashing every now and again.

I must say that there are some very attractive women in this forum. I’m 25 and single… (maybe not for long, eh?)

My main point for joining is to partake in an intelligent discussion on just about anything. Though if you can’t tell from my posts, I am sarcastic and enjoy throwing small tid-bits of pop culture in to spice things up. Enjoy.

Hi Crooked Mouth. Enjoy. :smiley:

Hi, this is Lin Lin from mainland China.
Currently a 11th grader, will go to California for my undergrad studies this September thou.
Haven’t visited here for a while, things changed quite a lot…
Anyways, it has been so inspiring to read most of the posts here, and it is nice to get to know you guys.

Hi Lin Lin and welcome back.

Well you know the old saying: “You cannot step twice into the same river”
And another one I like: “This, too, will pass”
Enjoy

Hi, im enlighten, and im here to give up…arghh! oops! that was yesterday…

Oh yeah, hi guys, im enlighten, im a gap year student who is gonna study philosophy and Essex university next year. I like to talk about interesting things, i enjoy history geography sociology, blazing, and a good novel, as well as getting obscenely drunk on occasion. Please don’t allow me to annoy you. I signed up to philosophy forums so i can talk to clever people and widen my intellect.

jah bless

hey hey, im undercover_prankstar as you can see, and i feel really young for this forum (15). I live in New Zealand and I enjoy my time on ILP talking to people who really care about life’s deep secrets instead of just going on about makeup and hair and nailpolish
nothin wrong with those things in their place but as obsessions…?
I love abstract ideas, anything original and as for my directions- pretty open apart from the fact that I’ll spend at least some of my life playing the piano in concert halls…

Hello everyone. I am Thornwyck, obviously new here. :smiley:
I am not cute, nor cuddly lol. I am disabled with a lovely wife who is disabled as well. Mentally however, I remain sharp as a razor. It is a pleasure to meet you all. (Bows.)
By the way, Welcome Prankster. You seem to have a good head on your shoulders. In regards to age: there are wise people and wilfully stupid people of every age, so worry not. :sunglasses:

Hoo hoo! I’m new and not new. I used to hang out daily (not literally) at ILP about 2 years ago. Thought I’d come back and sniff around, see what or who has changed.

For the benefit of those I don’t know: hello, my name is tkingdoll and I am a tee-totaller.

I’m also from Birmingham, UK, but please don’t hate me for it.

Hmm… Hadn’t realized there were so many kids on ILP. :blush: Not that we mind discussing philosophy with kids, in fact we used to teach an ESL class here in Nagasai, Japan using A Young Person’s Guide to Philosophy “I Think Therefore I Am” by Jeremy Weate - Macmillan Languagehouse as our textbook; :smiley: however, it does seem to us that although we’re championing more open relations between adults and kids as a means of protecting them from potentially exploitative game site policy, our previous two posts in the Philosophy and Essay threads were more suitable for comment by adult philosophers :sunglasses:
Sadly, none have chosen to reply, leaving us rather at a loss as to what, if anything, we should post here next? :unamused:

O don’t worry about that. I am not an “old” member, but it is not bad if people don’t notice something you’ve written. Maybe all of them simply find your posts so interesting that they thought it’d be useless to add any commentary.

What is an “adult” philosopher
I consider myself to be a philosopher (some of you here may disagree), a rather radical philosopher. But sometimes I don’t think I am more intelligent than a child.

And compared to 99% of Internet pages, ILP is a most!

Welcome, ESSHOC, to you and to all the other new members!

haha! Well, I am new, love philosophy, just graduated highschool in Houston, TX and am usually called VERY cute. I have a strong belief in education–I am beginning my college education at Carelton in Minnesota next year with plans of eventually becoming a college professor. I like to talk philosophy, politics, current events, literature and science (though it is not my strong suit). My other interests include basketball,and music (singing and drums), which i participated in in highschool.

Nice to meet everybody.

Color Me Attracted to the diverse content, and personalities, at ILP.

My name is Katharena.

My name isn’t Bessy, but I play one on ILP. :sunglasses: Welcome to you… :smiley:

AVICENNA A.D., student, degree of philosophy in hand tomorrow! Tantalized by philosophy, politics, religion, sports (I’ll dunk on you and quote Nietzche in German), Physics of space, time, spacetime, stupid people, smart people, nothing in between.

greetings… new here, introduced to the site by my buddy avicenna. what up yo? you didn’t think i’d forget, did you? i’m kind of addicted :confused:

my interests: fashion, shopping, boys, and myself!

…just kidding…

peace out

PS: AD–nietzche in german eh? how about i quote you avicenna himself in arabic :wink:
…congrats on your graduation!!

Well, you just sound like an all-around badass!

Hello, all. I’m obviously new. I just graduated highschool about a month ago. Planning on majoring in philosophy in college and eventually teaching the subject.

I may start posting a lot, but chances are I’ll be a resident lurker.

[edit: You all are by far the most interesting, amusing, and intimidating group I have ever seen. o.o;]

hi im a new guy and a young one i think im the youngest if there is younger then 14 pm me
id be surprised if there is!