Shut up!

What moves your finger is one of those non-verbal thoughts, as it were. It is, by its very nature, difficult to talk about in common speech or even in the high speech of philosophy.

On the other hand the bio-chemical activity of your brain sending a signal for a muscle to move has been well observed and described in studies of neuroanatomy and physiology.

here we are talking about the origin of thought. which i don’t think has been revealed yet.

That’s why mind and body are somehow connected

We are all speculating again.

Well, if we limited all discusions to just that which is universally known to be absolutely, verifiably, objectively true the list would be this long
[ ]

lol GCT

I am just saying people in this thread should not expect to receive a definate answer.

if you give sufficient electrical charge to the proper group of neurons in your brain, your mouth will close… moreover, if you stimulate the particular muscle directly with an electrical charge, your mouth will likewise close… or you could take an even simpler route, and put your head in a vice…

-Imp

Impenitent,

the problem is. where does the electric current come from?

Every definate answer (is there such a thing?) came as a result of people thinking and discussing… like this. If we only discuss things that are already known as definate, what’s the point of discussing them :wink: I just like sharing other peoples ideas and adding them to my own picture of “what is”.

Seems like in all cases, thoughts precedes result.

is ‘all’ a result of thought?

DALE

anyplace…

-Imp

Why did it come from “anyplace”?

don’t worry, slack-jawed drooling idiots are welcome here

By no definate answer I mean we have not known all the facts to a case. so it’s foolish to try to start drawing conclusions.

You should read up on your Bruce Lee…

Every action comes from a reaction. When someone hits you (for example) you react. A true master can react without thinking about it. “And when it is time to hit, I do not hit…it hits all by itself.”

If there was no action would you react? huh…let me go ponder

I can see that this is going to end up at the question of the “first cause” isn’t it.

Well what is currently the “favourite” theory with regards to that then?

DALE

because closing the mouth (moving any muscle in the body) is a mechanical process which can be effected by outside influences…

-Imp

Outside of what?

DALE

outside of that which usually closes the mouth…

-Imp

Electricity makes muscles move. I think, gentlemen, that we can all agree that Dr. Frankenstein’s experiments already clearly demonstrated this. :smiley:

another one bites the dust