Someone open up the non-sticky threads in EG scenario

Hey, in the earth game scenario there is supposed to be certain threads that you can make replies in, however it doesn’t let me reply in any of them, and says that only “users granted special access” may reply. Just bringing it to attention so someone can fix it… Might get a lot more attention in that section if you did.

I agree, I am the mod for it, but I am new to mod powers. So I’m not even sure how to grant special access. I have however private messaged Ben and Marshall to instruct me on how to do this. Moreover, I have asked to make the forum specifically open to all members, so that they can read and respond within the forum.

Hang tight and sorry for the incovenience.

What’s your take?

Well, I think we need to begin defining exact goals as a group if we are to be successful. We should post as many ideas as possible as to how we might through one or many ways take action to better improve the world. I am really good at coming up with lots of ideas, so I was planning to post some ideas in maybe the helping the world portion of the forum. I guess we can just move this there when we got it all sorted out though…

So what I think we need to do is try to determine is exactly what actions and conditions are destructive, and cause the most suffering. Then we need to determine the meaning of these actions, i.e. the overtly claimed motives of such types of actions, all possible covert motives of such types of actions, the patterns concerning the actions, the underlying structures causing the actions, the type of people that typically condone such actions and why they condone them.

Once we have done this, we need to find what countries or social organizations are against such actions, and make a list of them for future refarances to possible future sponsors. Then we need to figure out what we can do do to prevent aforementioned destructive actions from continuing. A good idea might be taking each and every organisation that supports such actions, and compile evidence against them, and create political packets and websites analysing that evidence, and giving hyperlinks to other evidence. We should also in those packets and websites document all the negative effects of the destructive actions that we oppose, and give a clear explaination of why we oppose them. The final thing we should add to those packets and websites is what a concerened individual who wishes to help his planet can do that will make a difference.

We need to find ways to organize people. One of the main problems when you have civilians against goverment activities is that the civilians are much less organized then the government, and the goverment is more determined (and stubborn) then the people in many cases. That is all I will say for now, but I have endless amounts of ideas on this subject.

Magius, what topics do you want unlocked??? All of the Projects? or just one of the A, B, C? Let me know what should be open for replys and I’ll unlock the topic. Or as your names on it… if you look at the bottom right of the page once scrolled down to the bottom there should be what 4 icons and one should looks like a “Lock” or Padlock as we call them this side of the world. Just click that and it will unlock the topic.

Pax,
I’m aware of the locking and unlocking part of the threads. I’m talking about members sending me private messages saying they can’t post in the ‘dicussion of earth game scenario’ thread (WHICH IS UNLOCKED). I know it has something to do with a ‘group’ that Ben made. I am suppose to somehow allow certain people into the group. But I don’t know how. This is where the confusion lies. Notice how ONLY Marshall McDaniel has posted in the ‘discussion of Earth Game Scenario’ thread - many members have private messaged me that they have tried responding but couldn’t. Imagine how many tried but just didn’t bother messaging me!

I know that marshall can post cause he is a moderator. As I’m sure you could post too, but I want to make sure EVERYONE can post in the ‘discussion of earth game scenario’ thread.

Pax, I will PM this post to you as well.

What’s your take?

If you’re using the Sub-Silver phpBB theme, i.e. the white and blue one. Not Dusty Green. If you scroll to the top of the page and look for the item called ‘Usergroups’ under the “I love Philosophy” just to the right of the GIF with the 5 philososphers. Click that and you you’ll get a list of the Groups. Select the one called ‘Earth Game Scenario’ then press the ‘View Information’ button. Up will pop the Group details. Currently only Magius is listed as the Mod, but other users should be able to join by pressing the Join Group Button. You’ll then be setup as “Pending” the Group Mod has to approve you. Once your approved you’ll have posting writes. All the current ILP.com Mod can post into your group becuase that’s the way it was setup.

Let me know if this doesn’t work. You should see that I’m waiting for approvell :wink:

Thanks Pax,
you’re a life-saver.

Alien,
I wish to reply to your last post but I don’t think this is the thread to do it. So I will private message my response to you.

What’s your take?