Unwarn me, I was falsely warned for no reason.

I was warned for this post and the accused it of being offtopic.
viewtopic.php?f=3&p=2683010#p2683010

The post WAS NOT off-topic the post was arguing that it is impossible to decide if competitiveness in schools was natural or unnatural.
My post was directly on topic and a response to this post.

Unwarn me plase.

Definitely off topic.

Also, any thread that you feel is best delivered in all caps should be created in the Rant House.

This is a philosophy boards, Content matters most not the STYLE of words. If I give you the meaning of life but put it in CAPS it shouldnt matter.

And for the love of Jebus please Reread it again and see that it was on-topic, I think you didn’t read it thoroughly.

From my own perspective, whether it was off topic or not pales next to that which differentiates it from all of the other posts on the thread: it’s Kidstuff.

It’s the equivalent of visiting a thread and taking a dump in it.

Now, admittedly, I have no actual “definition” of Kidstuff. It is clearly an “existential contraption”. A post either reeks of it or it does not.

Fortunately, here and now, there are not nearly as many Kids polluting the threads as there were before. And that’s good news. Why? Because the less Kids around the more likely that folks interested in actually discussing philosophy will stick around.

You know, whatever that means.

Let’s just say that “in my head” I know it.

Right, so if I show evidence disproving a theory, and my evidence is from a kids show, it is automatically kids stuff and to be ignored, even though it disproves a theory.

Isn’t that a logical fallacy?

My Little Pony isn’t the point here. And if you don’t grasp the reason why, it’s not likely I will ever make it all that more comprehendible.

Try this:

1] read the OP.
2] read the posts from others reacting to it.
3] read your post.

There’s just “big difference” here that [subjectively] some will grasp and some will not.

Logic may or may not have anything to do with it. More likely, the reactions are embedded in the manner in which in construe “I” here as the embodiment of dasein.

Then [of course] the part about politics. No getting around that, is there?

It’s because people don’t want to think, dont want to make the connections.

My post proved you wrong, naturally you dont want to think about the connections to prove yourself wrong, And no I wont spell out the details for you. The whole point was to get you to connect the dots, but you dont want to because those dots disprove your argument.

What we have here [again] is “failure to communicate”. Sure, you may well have proven me wrong. I may well be among those who don’t want to think and make the only connections that count: yours.

Still, there is just something about your post that sets it apart from all the others.

Now, admittedly, I can’t pin this down with any degree of logical precision. But I’m sure there are any numbers folks here thinking, “I know what you mean”.

Why don’t you try again. Forget the cartoons. Just say what you think in reacting to the points that I raised in the OP. I acknowledged that Satyr was making a good point at KT. But react to my points in the nurture/nature thread here in the manner in which I reacted to his points there.

Thing is, we could argue about it for 5 hours using wall of text.
Or we could try to use cartoons to prove it wrong in 5 minutes.

Sadly now we are back to the 5 hours method.
Here’s an example.
On Christian boards they will argue about this topic in 5 hours, but common sense cartoons deflate it in 5 minutes. Here’s an example.
youtube.com/watch?v=A0EEKfTnfvA

Okay, okay, I get it: More Kidstuff.

But my offer still stands.

No its not KidsStuff, its RealStuff.

But yeah, sometimes Children see things clearer than adults do.
Like adults always want to be moving.
A train goes 300 mph…because adults got to be moving.
Can’t just stay in one spot.

Perhaps. But I suggest that both frames of mind are largely existential contraptions that can be discussed intelligently somewhere between a “wall of words” and “cartoon characters”.

And most folks seemed clearly to understand that on my thread. However, your own contribution stands out like a sore thumb. And, sure, while that can be either a good thing or a bad thing, don’t expect everyone to share your own assessment.

Again, perhaps. But Satyr is not a child. And I am not a child. And while we have both become Kids on occasion, the thrust of his thread [and my reaction to it] revolved around certain “adult” assumptions that are made regarding genes and memes in human interactions.

Whether on train going 300 mph or standing in one spot.

It’s like we were exchanging actual substantive thoughts [if at a distance] and you came along and started doodling obscenities.

Or so it seemed to me.

Not my fault if I move too fast to follow along.
Slow down.

I didn’t watch the videos, but the post seemed like a good one.

Thankyou, finally someone understands. :slight_smile:

Why is Trixie permabanned from ILP? Was there a particular post as a crucial factor?

When did that happen?

Three or four days ago, as far as I know.

Trixie was banned four days ago and now posts at Philosophy Now

The question reamains: Why followed this permaban?