Signature size

I received a message from a moderator to make the image in my signature smaller. This request makes no sense. The site already limits the size of the signature. No need for arbitrary moderator added limits.

If a moderator or whomever thinks some signature sizes are too big, they should modify the site so that such signature sizes cannot be picked in the first place. Problem solved.

The mod asked me to scale it down to 250x250 even though some users here have signatures larger than that. It looks like the attack on my signature size is more of an attack on me personally and/or on the idea conveyed by my signature.

Like I said, limit the maximum size to what you want (130x130 is the max for avatars f.e.) which automatically makes everybody abide by that rule so there is no need to attack anybody in specific.

You waste everyone’s time scrolling over your signature. Size should be moderated by the sites controls in visual and word count/available spacing.

If they do end up demanding equal limitations for everyone, may I suggest that it’s more about limiting the height and not the width of the signature.

Signature controls aren’t very fine-grained. We can control characters and words, but there isn’t a separate pictures-in-signatures setting that can be restricted, so forcing smaller sig-pics would mean forcing smaller other pics too, which isn’t always desirable. So we police obnoxious signatures manually. Not ideal, but it is what it is.

For me, the ideal would be turn off signatures completely (which I do for my own view, and I put the instructions for how to do so in my signature).

There is an unwritten rule here that no links can be given to KT so that is why you were messaged. I once posted a link to it but it was edited out very
quickly. I did it again and managed to let it slip past the mods but I do not do it anymore. So long as you do not link to KT then you will be alright man

Actually, the link to KT has been my sig for months and nobody complained about it.

The sig that the mod complained about was this:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=167245

We don’t have the tools to limit it like that, unfortunately. The 250x250 is in the ILP forum rules, has been for a long time; I don’t think anyone measures things to the pixels, but your signatures are too big - it’s simple to scale them down. As for feeling personally attacked, I’m afraid I can’t do anything about that, but frequency of posting makes a difference - someone who’s actively discussing here will be much more visible than someone who posts five times a year.

Also, please scale your signature down.

This is not true. If we prohibited linking to KT, people would end up posting all of their persecution complex nonsense here!