Image/video/sound.

A forum about the forums

Moderator: Carleas

Image/video/sound.

Postby Mowk » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:18 pm

Any chance an image/video URL could be part of what is sponsored here? A picture could be in exchange for words. It would be interesting if I could respond to some posts not verbally but visually. And I'm not talking about spamming the site . visuals are how some of us think. Sometimes it feels far easier to draw a picture, or take a picture.

You could implement some sort of moderator review before it goes live. Maybe even music could be added. Shit if that ain't a voice to be heard.

Could two musicians debate life using music as their only tool?
my goal in life is to die and no one notices.
in other words; to live as audaciously as possible while drawing the least attention. Or at best something vaguely similar.
Mowk
Thinker

Re: Image/video/sound.

Postby Carleas » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:36 pm

Something other than the [youtube] and [img] tags?

Code: Select all
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNmrCMCvbFg[/youtube]

Code: Select all
[img]https://static1.squarespace.com/static/53323bb4e4b0cebc6a28ffa2/t/56b4c3583c44d84acf1f527c/1454687069462/[/img]

User Control Panel > Board preference > Edit display options > Display signatures: No.
Carleas
Magister Ludi

Postby Mowk » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:24 pm

Well, heck yeah. You be the host, dig?

I'm already registered here. To post on Youtube would require me to register there as well.

I'm not familiar with squarespace.com so I'm not aware of that sites policies.

avoid the middle men.
in other words; to live as audaciously as possible while drawing the least attention. Or at best something vaguely similar.
Mowk
Thinker

Postby Carleas » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:21 pm

Images can be hosted as attachments (see 'Upload attachment' tab below the posting box). But we can't host videos; or rather, it doesn't make sense to pay for the extra storage that would let us do that when it doesn't expand functionality in practice.
User Control Panel > Board preference > Edit display options > Display signatures: No.
Carleas
Magister Ludi

Postby Mowk » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:47 pm

Cool
tryout.png
tryout.png (17.42 KiB) Viewed 643 times

Thanks
Mowk
Thinker

Return to Meta