Why do posts need Mod approval?

Why do peoples posts get moderated? I haven’t seen this on other forums so I was wondering why this is the case. It’s a bit annoying because it disrupts and slows down conversation. I’m not demanding it be changed, I’m just wondering if there is a legitimate reason why all posts have to be approved.

After your fifth or sixth post you’ll be off moderation.

It can take years to get Mod approval, and just because a few like you, doesn’t mean they will all come about and stop censoring and hiding your posts and twisting your meaning, and they certainly won’t acknowledge their own bias and short comings, and how it overall effects the discussion.

Your meanings are more than three pronged says you, but your own biases are felt by those you roughshod over just because you think you can. You want an analytical debate from me, Turdmonster? We can debate what an asshole you enjoy being when multitasking HD X 10? You will win the debate no matter how you play it.

Can’t we just be civil if you don’t want to be platonic friends? I offered you the olive branch, you broke it, stomping on it, chewing on it and pooping it out. We should all show a love of philosophy for our new members.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=kaxoaKwx8tU

We should all join together in our love of wisdom. Especially you.

It’s an anti-spam measure. We approve the first five posts from new members to make sure they aren’t spammers. Since phpBB is/was a popular forum software, it’s a popular target for spammers, and they’ve figured out the anti-spam countermeasures built into the system. So we use human review. Everyone agrees it sucks, but it is what it is.

Anyway, you’ve had six approved posts now, so you’re off review. Welcome to the boards.