Why do posts need Mod approval?

A forum about the forums

Moderator: Carleas

Why do posts need Mod approval?

Postby XJPhoenix » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:20 pm

Why do peoples posts get moderated? I haven't seen this on other forums so I was wondering why this is the case. It's a bit annoying because it disrupts and slows down conversation. I'm not demanding it be changed, I'm just wondering if there is a legitimate reason why all posts have to be approved.
XJPhoenix

Re: Why do posts need Mod approval?

Postby Mictlantecuhtli » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:55 am

XJPhoenix wrote:Why do peoples posts get moderated? I haven't seen this on other forums so I was wondering why this is the case. It's a bit annoying because it disrupts and slows down conversation. I'm not demanding it be changed, I'm just wondering if there is a legitimate reason why all posts have to be approved.

After your fifth or sixth post you'll be off moderation.
Civilization is a ship of fools headed to a one way destination of catastrophe and annihilation, its many captains populated by asshole-idiots that all agree it is unsinkable.

Mictlantecuhtli
Nihilistic Mystic And Hermit

Postby The Golden Turd » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:31 am

It can take years to get Mod approval, and just because a few like you, doesn't mean they will all come about and stop censoring and hiding your posts and twisting your meaning, and they certainly won't acknowledge their own bias and short comings, and how it overall effects the discussion.
Support "The Angels of East Africa" on smile.Amazon.com it is free to do, they donate 0.05% of your purchase cost to them, or give donations directly via:

http://www.machinegunpreacher.org

Recently hidden post:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=192227&p=2649513#p2649513
The Golden Turd
Fucking Unflushable

Postby WendyDarling » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:19 am

Your meanings are more than three pronged says you, but your own biases are felt by those you roughshod over just because you think you can. You want an analytical debate from me, Turdmonster? We can debate what an asshole you enjoy being when multitasking HD X 10? You will win the debate no matter how you play it.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby The Golden Turd » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:32 pm

Can't we just be civil if you don't want to be platonic friends? I offered you the olive branch, you broke it, stomping on it, chewing on it and pooping it out. We should all show a love of philosophy for our new members.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kaxoaKwx8tU

We should all join together in our love of wisdom. Especially you.
Support "The Angels of East Africa" on smile.Amazon.com it is free to do, they donate 0.05% of your purchase cost to them, or give donations directly via:

http://www.machinegunpreacher.org

Recently hidden post:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=192227&p=2649513#p2649513
The Golden Turd
Fucking Unflushable

Postby Carleas » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:29 pm

It's an anti-spam measure. We approve the first five posts from new members to make sure they aren't spammers. Since phpBB is/was a popular forum software, it's a popular target for spammers, and they've figured out the anti-spam countermeasures built into the system. So we use human review. Everyone agrees it sucks, but it is what it is.

Anyway, you've had six approved posts now, so you're off review. Welcome to the boards.
User Control Panel > Board preference > Edit display options > Display signatures: No.
Carleas
Magister Ludi

Return to Meta