ILP boards is the only reason I'm still alive.

A forum about the forums

Moderator: Carleas

Re: ILP boards is the only reason I'm still alive.

Postby surreptitious57 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:33 pm

No because lying to someone as highly intelligent as Trixie is too much effort [ although I do not actually
lie myself so just saying ] Besides I have way too much respect for her to do such a thing even if I did lie
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious57
Philosopher

Postby Arcturus Descending » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:48 pm

surreptitious57 wrote:No because lying to someone as highly intelligent as Trixie is too much effort [ although I do not actually
lie myself so just saying ] Besides I have way too much respect for her to do such a thing even if I did lie

I was speaking about the below...which you said...

Every day when you wake up from now on I want you to say in a loud voice five times

My name is Trixie and I am a human being who has meaning in her life and so my life is worth living

If she doesn't believe this, feel this, how is it going to help her, even though you meant well but remember, hell can very well be paved with good intentions.
I was speaking of Trixie lying to herself - not you to her.

Besides I have way too much respect for her

Now, if you actually do have so much respect for her, you will put your money where your mouth is, and that will be helpful to her. I've noticed from some of your posts that you do seem to like and care about her.
So your money and your mouth are in harmony.

Maybe I'm wrong about the mantra thingy though. But I do seem to intuit that we need to at least believe what we're shouting to the heavens before any good can come from them (mantras).

BTW, intelligence and emotions can be seas apart. One may be highly intelligent and give into the lie. Emotions play a great part in our beliefs towards ourselves and things.
"Look closely. The beautiful may be small."

"Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing admiration and awe, the oftener and more steadily we reflect on them: the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me."

“Whereas the beautiful is limited, the sublime is limitless, so that the mind in the presence of the sublime, attempting to imagine what it cannot, has pain in the failure but pleasure in contemplating the immensity of the attempt.”

Immanuel Kant
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby Dan~ » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:27 pm

Ultimate Philosophy 1001 wrote:Before sicksadworld existed, ILP was all I had. It was my medicine, my escape from the cruel world around me where I could be free. When I was dungeonized in KT, it made me feel like a worthless loser, the worthless loser that I still am. But I still had ILP to keep me going on and not totally despair.

So I thank you for these boards and I thank you for never banning me, I would probably not be here today if you did.

I'm surprised you feel such value of the forums.
Hopefully the mods will understand.
I like http://www.accuradio.com , internet radio.
https://dannerz.itch.io/ -- a new and minimal webside now hosting two of my free game projects.
Dan~
ILP Legend

Location: May the loving spirit of papa hitler watch over and bless you all.

Postby Arcturus Descending » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:26 pm

jerkey wrote:THERE IS NO DEATH, ONLY YOU THINK SO, AND EVERYONE ELSE, ONLY A FEW REALLY KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON.

BUT NOW I'VE GOTTA GO AND FIX THIS BLOODY COMPUTER CAUSE IT ONLY WRITES CAPITALS.

jerkey,

Can you hear the sounds of laughter coming from the cemeteries? They're laughing at YOU! :evilfun:

"Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing admiration and awe, the oftener and more steadily we reflect on them: the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me."

“Whereas the beautiful is limited, the sublime is limitless, so that the mind in the presence of the sublime, attempting to imagine what it cannot, has pain in the failure but pleasure in contemplating the immensity of the attempt.”

Immanuel Kant
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby Arcturus Descending » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:34 pm

HaHaHa,

I hope you never base real life upon dreams. The outcome will probably be contrary to what you're expecting.

Let's not go throwing the baby out with the bathwater, Sir.
The outcome may be contrary to what we're expecting but very often much better than what we're expecting - at least if we pay attention and have the courage to ask: What are you trying to tell me? What are you trying to show me?
Our unconscious may be far wiser than our waking life is and it at times saves little pearls of wisdom for us and has beacons waiting to show us the way.

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/ ... story.html

You're so silly.

Immanuel Kant
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Previous

Return to Meta