You broke the website again

This:

keeps happening… every few days… for hours at a time, and has been going on for months now. Can this be resolved Carleas?

Hmmm… Doubly troubling, since it’s happening and the monitoring software isn’t catching it. I’ll see what I can do.

Yesterday was really bad, but nothing today as of yet.

I will let you know if it happens again.

I didn’t see it happen yesterday night.

Wait, maybe it is my turn never to suffer a malfunction, and everyone else is having software problems. Usually it is just be getting fucked till Carleas updates, and he never updates just cause I point out a problem.

See you fuckers, your all gonna be banned from the site as this problem gets larger and larger, and my old android OS is gonna dominate everything, allowing me to post alone. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!

The issue is not resolved Carleas… no access for hours at a time, which happens a few times a day.

What is causing that? and will it be resolved?

Try this :

Thanks Phyllo, I will try that.

Do I reset the network settings from my iPad settings?

imore.com/how-fix-wi-fi-netw … e-and-ipad

I’m still not getting notifications, though I did get notifications when I took the site down manually, so the notifications are still working.

Could be a problem with your iPad or wifi (and Phyllo’s suggestions are what Google tells me too), though I assume you’re able to access other sites when this happens? Have you tried deleting the ILP cookies?

Could also be with your ISP, though I wouldn’t think it would go in and out like that, we’d either be available or not.

I’m still not sure that the problem is on the server side, so definitely need to be able to establish that before it’s likely to be resolved :slight_smile:

I figured this out while looking into this request. Or rather, I confirmed that it’s a problem with ILP, namely that in certain circumstances a user’s IP will be added to the firewall blacklist temporarily. That’s why it’s intermittent, hard to track down, and doesn’t cause any notification to be sent (because the IP that checks to see if the site is still working doesn’t get blacklisted).

Fortunately, I know where to look. Unfortunately, it isn’t simple to fix and will take me a little while. Fortunately, it’s intermittent and user specific. Unfortunately, there’s not really anything a user can do when it happens, other than wait it out.

Thanks for your continued pestering, Mags.

How come my IP address isn’t on the blacklist.

:laughing:

You really want to be banned don’t you? :laughing: but you’d be bored without us :smiley:

Actually, it would be awesome to be banned (a status thing) but Carleas refuses to do so even though my one liner posts are evil (according to him).

I’m happy to ban you if you like, you just haven’t earned a ban for cause. Your posts may be shite, but not everything that is shite is banworthy.

In other news, I’ve disabled the firewall rule that was causing this, so it shouldn’t happen any more (let me know if it does). I don’t know if the rule was actually still important, our server is a lot faster than it was when it was added, but if it turns out it was I’ll have to find a subtler solution.

I wouldn’t mind a ban as a status symbol and so if you want to ban me it would make me very happy.

Earning a ban on ILP is the equivelence of earning a honorary Masters Degree, only the very best and most worthy thinkers are qualified for it. The only people they ban are the sort of people we really should have around. Only once have I been banned by requesting it (lots, lots of times not requesting it) and that was in solidarity with another poster for getting banned, I agreed with the sentiment that caused him to be banned, said if your going to ban him, ban me too as I fully support what was said.

You need to set milestones, don’t aim for a outright ban just yet, aim at getting into Magsj’s Hall of Shame. It took me a long time to get in there, lots of failed attempts.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=153411

If you can get into the hall of shame, I think you’ll find you are half way to a banning, and the benefits that come with it… instant authority and credibility in the eyes of others. They will definitely pay more attention to your posts, and you’ll gain a wider range of thinkers PMing you and pondering your ideas. Makes you a better person.

Carleas said he is happy to ban me if I like but he is yet to ban me even though I would like it.

Like I said, you just can’t ask, they rarely do it if they know you want it, they aren’t moderators for the sake of pleasing us, but pleasing themselves.

Many have had luck in the past in getting banned by presenting the ideas contained in this link. It should be enough to help you achieve your goals, they absolutely are opposed to any and all discussions on it.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophy

For certain at 2:08 AM, tried again several times later. Not certain when it popped up again.

Why not just port the site to a stable server, ran by a company dedicated to running forums? They do it cheap. We can sell trixie into slavery in Sri Lanka to pay for the cost if that’s the issue.