Disable the auto scrolls please.

Like, after 1000 times it gets annoying when the page automatically scrolls up when it loads a new image then you have to scroll down over and over while your reading. please disable the autoscrolling when the images load please. If there is an option to do this how do i do it?

I’m not sure what you’re talking about. Do you mean an image above where you are on the page loads and pushes content down? I’m not sure if there’s anything we can do about that, but I’d welcome suggestions.

It seems to push content up, especially in Joker threads.

If you’re describing what I think you are, I don’t think there’s anything I can do. What’s happening is that you load a page that has a bunch of images on it. You scroll down past some images before they load. Then the images load, and they change where you are on the screen in relation to the top and bottom of the page:

Bottom

If one of the dots grows into a picture, it looks like this:

p
i
c
Bottom

Now, your browser might say, well, you were X pixels from the top of the page, so when the the picture loads we want to keep you at X pixels from the top of the page. But since more pixels have been inserted above whatever you’re looking that, the content moves down and you see that as scroll.

My guess is this is a browser setting, but I’m not sure. It would seem to depend on whether your browser measures where you are in a page as distance from the top or bottom or from some element on the page.

There are definitely plugins that will prevent pictures from loading until you tell them to load, that might help. Otherwise, I don’t think there’s anything I can do to change how your browser behaves.

These kinds of issues can only really be resolved in client-side code through JavaScript, and phpbb is a “pre ajax”, server-side-only technology. That last phrase means something critical, I assure you. Look up Douglas Crockford videos on youtube to get fully up to speed on what it means.