A unique suggestion

I noticed ILP is approaching 1 million posts. To spice things up, I suggest a prize to be given to the person who posts the millionth post. Suggestions as to what would consist of such a prize, may include such as: a communal promise not to disagree with whatever that person says, or everyone being super nice even if that particular lucky poster may not deserve such privilege. The duration of such treatment would last until a determined deadline.

Any violators would immediately banned again for a pre determined time. Since it’s a matter of short time that this will happen, a conversation pertaining to this may be instituted as soon as possible.

Any suggestions to this unique concept?

Ban the millionth poster. This should create some pressure to only post, around that time, when you feel strongly about something, and, hopefully think, at least, you have something worthwhile to say. Otherwise you would be risking being banned for usual drivel.

Unfortunately, I don’t think that counter is correct. Looking at the URL, it looks like your post was #2,585,351, and counting began at #1000. All 2.5 million posts aren’t on here, but I doubt we deleted half the posts that have been made, and I know that the index hasn’t been rebuilt in years and I’m pretty sure that some of the posts aren’t counted (certain board upgrades probably restarted the counter).

So, leaving alone that the millionth post is an artificial milestone that is only even an issue because we’re counting posts in base 10, we’re probably way past it, and closer to 2 million than 1 million (and may well be past 2 million).

Indeed, Trixie alone might have a million posts. :wink:

Trixie has no need of such prize, as the rational mind will and automatically agrees with much of the posts.

As for posts, Camus666 has 14,666 posts. (1.47% of all posts!)

Trixie merely has only 0.21% of all posts. Trixie is Great, but she is also Humble.

On the other hand…

I have been posting here for a little over 5 years. And, given that you currently average 20.05 posts per day, in 5 years you will have accumulated approximately 35,600 posts.

Still, I do concede that this is well short of a million. :wink:

Anyway, counting this post, there are now 999,998 posts noted

Nope, it’s now 1,000,000 posts exactly.

COIULD IT HAVE BEEN MINE!!! :banana-dance:

I think it was yours, but I am not sure. Let me check the timestamp.

It seems to be a tie, we both posted on 9:39 at my end. Carleas much show us the timestamp in microseconds to decide.

Thanks.

And while you’re at it check the timestamp over at KT. Right know they have a total of 46,296 messages. I want my shot at being the millionth there too. [-o<

That’s nowhere near 1 million, so why would I check the timestamp?

Come on, with you there a million is always within reach. :wink:

I may be Jesus, but I am not God.

Now to the appraisal of the thesis connected topic. It looks like there may be 1 or 2 contenders into the winner’s circle.

As per introduction, and opposing view, two methods of dealing with the winner has emerged. One whoever took the title, should be rewarded, or punished. Do the 2 contenders, or, the finally settled on winner, show either of the characteristics of having either deserved the title, whereupon becoming worthy of the above enumerated prize?

That even that issue has not been finalized, vis. the giving of some form of recognition, of the type agreed on having been put to rest ? Or that the qualifying feature of responses, be adjudicated more inline with a penalty based on the negative aspects of
Coming in the millionth?

Do the contenders, or the declared winner are obliged to this mode of recognition?

I would agree to the affirmative, since responses have been made with token recognition of these qualifying features.

Until the winner has publicly been announced, this option, (or requirement) remains open.

How meaningful could those prizes actually be in this forum, Jerkey? I mean really?

It would have to be something much more valued or delectable dangling in front of someone’s eyes, something which might make our mouths water in wanting to deliberately pursue such a feat.
But be careful what we ask for - it might just come to us.

On the other hand, some argue that Jesus is God.

Let’s see if, by the 2 millionth post, we can resolve it. [-o<

Well, a prize is good, because it shows value in becoming a millionth. It presents a situation where, becoming a millionth or anything shows appreciation of being @ IPL as a viable contributor. It becomes not only a matter of a shallow attempt at describing some triviality, but a feature, where there is meat on the bones.

Becoming a millionth is no trivial matter, it took what, 13? years to get here. Next time around, it will be 13 year hence, plus or minus, and that is a lifetime for some people around here.

Just think about it, then one cannot but come to the conclusion that it’s not only not trivial,but of extreme significance.

Additionally, to the purported winner : Iambigious, by that time Christ may come back again.

Talking of Iambiguous, I have been reading older material lately, and happened to see, that Iambigious had a forum about this very thing. He announced the coming of the milliont’th post, and it is ironic that he came in as first. Arcturus Descending, do You NOW see the importance of this big number, and that something now has to be done, per requirement of this forum, to evaluate the merit/demerit value of some reward-prize. There should be some memorium erected, at least as a form of comemorating the passing of this event. At least a signal to those out there, who would not like anything better then eliminate any form of signal or sign or mark, with the intention of concurring with the people who declare that we are living in a time bereft of any history. (Or, historical significance. This is important to mention, because, things will become pretty insignificant were it for the erecting signals, and we in a philosophical forum, could at least note that in passing.)