Dan should not continue as MODERATOR

The task of moderation requires balance and fairness. As I’d not put a Nazi in charge of a thread, I’d also not put a fundamentalist christian, or Islamist terrorist.
So what have we got a racist as a moderator?
Dan has gone beyond the boundaries of taste in this thread.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=187881
And needs to be booted.

As opposed to marxists like you, with an even more skewed perception of reality?
Black people do look more like apes compared to whites… they just have a more similar bodily (f.e. longer arms) and especially facial structure (portruding jaw, wide nostrils) to that of apes.

Besides, I am not sure if Dan was serious or not.

The Rant thread where Lev calls the original poster an “ignorant c…t”
:laughing:

Well let’s do a google image search for “looks like an ape”

google.ca/search?q=ape-like … ike+an+ape

Notice who comes up at the top of the page: Steven Tyler -a white guy!

And Obama comes up, but so does George Bush, but not Bill Clinton.

There are a number of questions raised here:

Is a moderator allowed to post anything that he/she wants?

• In a thread that he is moderating?
  • In a thread that he is not moderating?
  • In a Rant thread?

Do certain beliefs automatically disqualify a person from being a moderator?

Lev, coming from me, this should mean something. Are you ready?

You’re way to far to the left. You’ve lost your sense of moderation and are an extremist.

Glad I could get that out.

Also, I think Dan should be a moderator. So I disagree with you.

You cited some things you think you disagree with him about. That’s great.

But check this out…

andrewmbailey.com/dkl/Academ … tments.pdf

It’s also fun because some of the same leftists he so adores, would rip him a new one if they heard him say the horrible, sexist word that is “cunt”.
Exchanging our sincere perceptions about the general differences in races and genders, some of which can even be backed up by statistics, is racist and sexist, but calling a stranger all kinds of vile names, is alrighty, as long as they’re a horrible non-leftist.

I read Dan’s first posts there as mocking racist arguments like the one in the OP.

I think humorless people should be banned.

And anyone who is rigid and regularly illogical, even if they think they are right because they are on the ‘right team’:
like, say, ‘rational’, sourpuss science groupies who don’t know shit about epistemology or science, amongst other things,
should also not be moderators.

You people know all people are apes and all apes are mammals, right?

I think Humans are sufficiently divergent from the great apes anatomically to qualify for our own category, along with our Homo ancestors like Erectus and Neanderthals. Our brains underwent significant changes, walk upright as our primary mode, and our feet look nothing like their feet. Our arms don’t swing as their arms do, and we exist in habitats they can’t naturally exist in, and have learning, language, and tool use on a scale they can’t begin to compete with. A lot of similarities, but also, crucial differences that really set us apart.

Secondly, Dan was elected via popular vote. If we are going to advocate getting rid of a popular mod, then impeach him… we can debate this for a week, then slap a poll up, and if he fails bad, bring this as evidence to the Administrator Careless.

Dan isn’t like Magsj or Only Humean who are mods for apparently no good reason (and won’t quit no matter how many times we’ve requested they go), we literally choose him.

So let’s collectively ask ourselves and vote before bum rushing the Admin. Impeachment doesn’t mean we want him gone, just means we want to investigate and try him for an offence, with the end aim of booting his ass.

My vote in advance is… Keep him. I could live with Dan or even Fixed Cross being a mod, so long as they don’t make a egoist ass of themselves. Less is more as a mod, if people want to have a conversation, so be it, they are adults and can only hurt one another emotionally at worst on a site like this. Its too easy to forget mods are people too, and have the right to express themselves. Its that green color that comes off threateningly and authorative… you get a feeling they can do whatever they want to you if a discussion goes against their warped outlook… and heated discussions can make anyone seem warped.

I recommend the therapeutic exercise of brutally cussing a moderator out when you see them doing something bad. Its very relaxing and good for the soul, a substitute for a cup of morning tea. It reminds them that they are terrible human beings, and are being watched like a hawk, but with the added benefit that they don’t need to get banned themselves, as they become more self conscious of their actions and less likely to abuse their authority in the short term after identifying their wrong headed actions.

Just tell them your mad as hell and your not gonna take it anymore. It makes them a better person in the end, so you can consider it a act of charity, not dissimilar to giving a dollar at the checkout to St. Jude’s Hospital, or agreeing to donate half your liver to a terminal homeless alcoholic.

Oh Turd… you do like mentioning my name, don’t you. I was hounded for not banning those that had a moral objection to another, so sue me. :open_mouth:

I don’t get it. Dan doesn’t even say anything racist in the cited thread.

Ucc, Lev thinks everything is racist.

I think people with poor reading and comprehension skills ought to STFU.
“Why do blacks look like Apes? Because they are sub-human” (I paraphrase).
What don’t you understand about “sub-human”?

You paraphrase incorrectly. Dan only ever referred to “people”, not “blacks” as you have it, so when he said “they’re now sub-human”, he was most likely referring to all people.

As others have pointed out, he was making an absurd argument to mock the racist arguments, not to join in.

When did “paraphrase” start meaning “lie’”? Is that some new hipster slang I’m not up on?

Dan,

Is it possible that you were drinking or already drunk when you wrote this?

For anyone who CANNOT see this as racist, I can only believe that you guys have just become so callous and apathetic or that you allow your biases toward the people you like to rule your mind to the point of being/becoming mindless. This is pure racism.

Dan, even if you said this JUST in jest, in a sense it would make it even worse than if you said it in ignorance. A person who is truly ignorant hasn’t as of yet learned the difference.

Racism IS ignorance and trying to be cute with our racial slurs or worse is ignorant, thoughtless and callous.

I think that moderators need to hold to disinterest in threads. They are there to moderate - not to join in the herd mentality and to be swayed by it. If they want to win friends and influence people, they need to influence people in a more positive way.

People try to be such objectivists in these places but really all they are succeeding in doing is giving that word a really bad rap and a malodorous environment.

I can’t for the life of me understand how some of you people in here (not all) can find such garbage to be funny and reasonable and philosophical.
GROW UP ALREADY and think with your heart and feel with your mind - since you seem to have it all a _ _ backwards anyway.

THINK AGAIN!!!
Read my post above (and his quote) and hopefully you will not make excuses for him.
If we’re not part of the solution, we’re part of the problem.

What is it you most dislike? Stupidity, especially in its nastiest forms of racism and superstition.
– Christopher Hitchens

[quote=“phyllo”]
There are a number of questions raised here:

Do certain beliefs automatically disqualify a person from being a moderator?

No,I would say no, Otherwise that too would be bias. BUT not as long as the moderator shows complete disinterest in the thread - as long as the beliefs do not get in the way of his doing his job - as long as those beliefs are not voiced. Not an easy thing I suppose to do or not to do but still…that’s what moderating is about - not pushing the tipping point but keeping it balanced.

The way I look at it, the moderator is like a guide, a sentinel, a beacon, a compass might be a good word for it, to keep the thread on track in ALL WAYS or as much as is humanly intelligently possible - but it is not his/her job to go romping with the herd, to create more chaos through bigotry or bias or ignorance. A little innocent side-bar, what have you, a comment here or there, fine but remaining disinterested/unbiased.

Keep all the moderators as moderators but perhaps it would be a good idea to inject some new blood into their veins occasionally - in other words, moderating the moderators. Even teenagers in HS halls sometimes make better monitors.

So the moderator is supposed to be disinterested in the very thread he is participating in, and shouldn’t voice his beliefs?

Are you fucking retarded?