My Requests

I would like all my posts and threads deleted before July 16th 2015 please.

You’ll need to get up with James and Ferg. They’re the only ones who can make a time machine.

This is why word order in a sentence matters. I assume he meant that he would like all his posts and threads before July 16th deleted.

I think my request was quite clear in wording. There is no need to knit pick everything.

I only put in the request in that my perspectives have somewhat evolved since the last time I was here where I don’t want people to confuse past ideas and thoughts of mine from my current ones. I don’t consider myself the same person I was say two years ago.

I thought you were making a joke with that OP. Thought it was quite clever and very funny, so I played along.

I thought you hated censorship? But you want to censor yourself?

Not censorship. A clean slate without all the past baggage.

Just ask to change your user name, then sign up for a new account, using this name.

Just know if you try this, I will try very hard to register a account myself in your name while your doing it, and claim to be you, and post images of marsupials caught in compromising positions on roads at night doin’ it. Everyone will think your into walllaby sexual voyeurism.

Who knows, it might improve your reputation.

You gotta be quick in switching accounts.

It’s “nitpick”.

Which is, in effect, to censor information about the development of your thought process over time.

but here is the thing, usually writers do, on many of occasion, re-read their early stuff, and discard it, sometimes with disgust, as to ‘how in the hell could I have written such garbage?’ But the internet does not allow for such outbursts, so it’s presumed the author knows, the hopelessness of discarding unsuitable , or unworthy stuff.

Auto spell on a cell phone is a pain in the ass.

Censorship implies no choice in the matter whereas I am choosing to do this out of my own accord. :-k

Exactly, which is the reason I am making this request to begin with.

The spell checker on my phone turns Carleas into Carless. Its rather correct, Carleas doesn’t seem to care.

But you said you don’t consider yourself the same person. So you’d be censoring another person–without him even knowing. It’d be like Tyler Durden censoring that other guy.

Plato kept editing his writings, so that, bar any changes made after his death, we know that what they say is what he ultimately wanted them to say. But your posts feature the date of posting. Perhaps you should care less about readers who don’t understand that people evolve. Then again, maybe you should post a statement on your recent evolution. And you could of course always create a new account.

What about the choice of the reader?

We don’t delete posts. Primarily because it renders other users’ post incoherent by removing context.

This, we could do. I’d recommend creating the new account and PMing me the name through the Laughing Man account, so that no one else can gank the name before you have a chance to reregister.

That’s actually what ‘Carleas’ means. It’s the etymological root of my family name, and it literally means ‘careless’, although in the sense of care free rather than indifferent.

Interesting proposition. I’ll think on it.