My Requests

A forum about the forums

Moderator: Carleas

My Requests

Postby LaughingMan » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:38 pm

I would like all my posts and threads deleted before July 16th 2015 please.
Coming Out Live Streaming Online From The Global Gulag, Asylum, Police State, And Oligarchical Plantation Near You.

LaughingMan
Cynical Asshole

Re: My Requests

Postby Zoot Allures » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:41 pm

You'll need to get up with James and Ferg. They're the only ones who can make a time machine.
Zoot Allures
Philosopher

Postby AutSider » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:44 pm

This is why word order in a sentence matters. I assume he meant that he would like all his posts and threads before July 16th deleted.
AutSider
BANNED

Postby LaughingMan » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:47 pm

Arbiter of Change wrote:This is why word order in a sentence matters. I assume he meant that he would like all his posts and threads before July 16th deleted.

I think my request was quite clear in wording. There is no need to knit pick everything.
Coming Out Live Streaming Online From The Global Gulag, Asylum, Police State, And Oligarchical Plantation Near You.

LaughingMan
Cynical Asshole

Postby LaughingMan » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:49 pm

Zoot Allures wrote:You'll need to get up with James and Ferg. They're the only ones who can make a time machine.

I only put in the request in that my perspectives have somewhat evolved since the last time I was here where I don't want people to confuse past ideas and thoughts of mine from my current ones. I don't consider myself the same person I was say two years ago.

LaughingMan
Cynical Asshole

Postby Zoot Allures » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:53 pm

I think my request was quite clear in wording. There is no need to knit pick everything.

I thought you were making a joke with that OP. Thought it was quite clever and very funny, so I played along.
Zoot Allures
Philosopher

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:09 am

I thought you hated censorship? But you want to censor yourself?
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby LaughingMan » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:12 am

mr reasonable wrote:I thought you hated censorship? But you want to censor yourself?

Not censorship. A clean slate without all the past baggage.

LaughingMan
Cynical Asshole

Postby The Golden Turd » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:57 am

Just ask to change your user name, then sign up for a new account, using this name.

Just know if you try this, I will try very hard to register a account myself in your name while your doing it, and claim to be you, and post images of marsupials caught in compromising positions on roads at night doin' it. Everyone will think your into walllaby sexual voyeurism.

Who knows, it might improve your reputation.

You gotta be quick in switching accounts.
Support "The Angels of East Africa" on smile.Amazon.com it is free to do, they donate 0.05% of your purchase cost to them, or give donations directly via:

http://www.machinegunpreacher.org

Recently hidden post:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=192227&p=2649513#p2649513
The Golden Turd
Fucking Unflushable

Postby Sauwelios » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:44 am

LaughingMan wrote:
Arbiter of Change wrote:This is why word order in a sentence matters. I assume he meant that he would like all his posts and threads before July 16th deleted.

It's "nitpick".
Sauwelios
Philosophical Supremacist

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:51 am

LaughingMan wrote:
mr reasonable wrote:I thought you hated censorship? But you want to censor yourself?

Which is, in effect, to censor information about the development of your thought process over time.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Orbie » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:10 pm

but here is the thing, usually writers do, on many of occasion, re-read their early stuff, and discard it, sometimes with disgust, as to 'how in the hell could I have written such garbage?' But the internet does not allow for such outbursts, so it's presumed the author knows, the hopelessness of discarding unsuitable , or unworthy stuff.
[size=50][/size]Allone's Obe issance

In answer to your prayer
sincere, the centre of
your circle here,
i stand ; and , without
taking thought,-
i know nothing. But i can

Full well your need-as
you be men
This: Re-Creation. With a
bow,
Then, your obedient

servant now.
One gift is all i find in me,
And that is faithful
memory
Orbie
partly cloudy, with a few showers

Postby LaughingMan » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:26 pm

Sauwelios wrote:
LaughingMan wrote:

It's "nitpick".

Auto spell on a cell phone is a pain in the ass.

LaughingMan
Cynical Asshole

Postby LaughingMan » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:40 pm

mr reasonable wrote:
LaughingMan wrote:

Which is, in effect, to censor information about the development of your thought process over time.

Censorship implies no choice in the matter whereas I am choosing to do this out of my own accord. :-k

LaughingMan
Cynical Asshole

Postby LaughingMan » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:41 pm

Orbie wrote:but here is the thing, usually writers do, on many of occasion, re-read their early stuff, and discard it, sometimes with disgust, as to 'how in the hell could I have written such garbage?' But the internet does not allow for such outbursts, so it's presumed the author knows, the hopelessness of discarding unsuitable , or unworthy stuff.

Exactly, which is the reason I am making this request to begin with.

LaughingMan
Cynical Asshole

Postby The Golden Turd » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:03 pm

The spell checker on my phone turns Carleas into Carless. Its rather correct, Carleas doesn't seem to care.
Support "The Angels of East Africa" on smile.Amazon.com it is free to do, they donate 0.05% of your purchase cost to them, or give donations directly via:

http://www.machinegunpreacher.org

Recently hidden post:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=192227&p=2649513#p2649513
The Golden Turd
Fucking Unflushable

Postby Sauwelios » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:58 pm

LaughingMan wrote:
mr reasonable wrote:
LaughingMan wrote:Not censorship. A clean slate without all the past baggage.

Censorship implies no choice in the matter whereas I am choosing to do this out of my own accord. :-k

But you said you don't consider yourself the same person. So you'd be censoring another person--without him even knowing. It'd be like Tyler Durden censoring that other guy.

Plato kept editing his writings, so that, bar any changes made after his death, we know that what they say is what he ultimately wanted them to say. But your posts feature the date of posting. Perhaps you should care less about readers who don't understand that people evolve. Then again, maybe you should post a statement on your recent evolution. And you could of course always create a new account.
Sauwelios
Philosophical Supremacist

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:30 am

LaughingMan wrote:

What about the choice of the reader?

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Carleas » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:05 am

LaughingMan wrote:I would like all my posts and threads deleted before July 16th 2015 please.

We don't delete posts. Primarily because it renders other users' post incoherent by removing context.

Turd Ferguson wrote:Just ask to change your user name, then sign up for a new account, using this name.

This, we could do. I'd recommend creating the new account and PMing me the name through the Laughing Man account, so that no one else can gank the name before you have a chance to reregister.

Turd Ferguson wrote:The spell checker on my phone turns Carleas into Carless. Its rather correct, Carleas doesn't seem to care.

That's actually what 'Carleas' means. It's the etymological root of my family name, and it literally means 'careless', although in the sense of care free rather than indifferent.
User Control Panel > Board preference > Edit display options > Display signatures: No.
Carleas
Magister Ludi

Postby LaughingMan » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:45 am

Interesting proposition. I'll think on it.

LaughingMan
Cynical Asshole

Return to Meta