Open link in a new window

Hi carly,

I figure that opening links inthe same window is probably something of a personal.preference for you, hence the boards behave that way. However I would like to give you the following: when user clicks a link and is taken away from your website, he may be distracted by that new website in a way that may cause him not to come back, hence driving traffic away from your website.
Personaly it irks me to be taken away from this website on my ilp tab when I click a link. I have a couple hundred tabs open, so I am a tab neat freak. If by any reason I don’t click “open in new tab” and my original ilp thread tab turns into aomething else, I get a little peeved.
Anyway, I don’t mean to suggest you should change any behaviors basednon what peeces me, or to blame this website’s settings for my lack of ability to remember to open in new tab every time, but by the reason kentioned above, that opening on the dame window may dive traffic away, I propose that you change that setting to always open in new tab/window.
If that makes no sense, never mind me. Bit tipsy.

I think you were a bit of something else

I think this is a good idea, I’ll see what I can do. It will be a minute before I can get to it, what with the holiday and all.

WTF i don’t even remember writing this at all, but thanks for looking into it, it’s true it peeves me :slight_smile:

Also, holy typo city, batman.

Official first thread ever created by Phon

Congrats and happy belated b-day