I think people should be warned for calling....

A forum about the forums

Moderator: Carleas

Re: I think people should be warned for calling....

Postby phoneutria » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:35 pm

Joking aside, carleas or whoever may concern, the thread ecmandu posted itself is evidence that I replied to every asinine proposal by ecmandu with a serious answer, to the point where he couldn't sustain his proposals and just shifted the discussion into another asinine argument, at which point I quit. I would have done better to follow my own directive from page one or two and quit the conversation as soon as he joined, as that would have saved me a lot of typing, but I must have been bored :)
I'm just going to go ahead and do that for now, and recommend all to do the same.

I do want to point out, though, he is ruining a lot of threads that would otherwise be productive. Something to observe.
And that is all I have to say about this. Tchau!
phoneutria
purveyor of enchantment, advocate of pulchritude AND venomously disarming
 
Posts: 2733
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 5:37 am

Re: I think people should be warned for calling....

Postby Ecmandu » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:08 pm

phoneutria wrote:Joking aside, carleas or whoever may concern, the thread ecmandu posted itself is evidence that I replied to every asinine proposal by ecmandu with a serious answer, to the point where he couldn't sustain his proposals and just shifted the discussion into another asinine argument, at which point I quit. I would have done better to follow my own directive from page one or two and quit the conversation as soon as he joined, as that would have saved me a lot of typing, but I must have been bored :)
I'm just going to go ahead and do that for now, and recommend all to do the same.

I do want to point out, though, he is ruining a lot of threads that would otherwise be productive. Something to observe.
And that is all I have to say about this. Tchau!


Actually, the person who ended the debate was statiktech, who never lost his temper and didn't end his posts calling me names, and actually addressed the point i was making. You on the other hand as i said in that thread, were and are venomous, and this is not a good way to conduct yourself... just look at the difference between you and statiktech in that thread, actually you and everyone.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 8255
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: I think people should be warned for calling....

Postby Orbie » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:08 pm

So Freud was right after all? Lol analysis is alive and well! We just can no longer afford it, out of the sense of the mundane. It's so old, and worn, and ultimately soooooooooo politically left. Right. Even the good old boys' club has been infiltrated with traitors. Most codes are broken. I wonder what Contra Nietzche may add to this if he was around?

Course there are codes within codes within, well..
Reasonable, Your much too kind, but at times codes need to be broken, and that's an impossible way to set any prescribed set of rules, even within the cover of irony, especially when it is not at all opaque.
[size=50][/size]Allone's Obe issance



In answer to your prayer
sincere, the centre of
your circle here,
i stand ; and , without
taking thought,-
i know nothing. But i can

Full well your need-as
you be men
This: Re-Creation. With a
bow,
Then, your obedient

servant now.
One gift is all i find in me,
And that is faithful
memory
Orbie
partly cloudy, with a few showers
 
Posts: 7596
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:34 pm
Location: Night of infinite faith

Re: I think people should be warned for calling....

Postby Ecmandu » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:31 pm

Orb wrote:So Freud was right after all? Lol analysis is alive and well! We just can no longer afford it, out of the sense of the mundane. It's so old, and worn, and ultimately soooooooooo politically left. Right. Even the good old boys' club has been infiltrated with traitors. Most codes are broken. I wonder what Contra Nietzche may add to this if he was around?

Course there are codes within codes within, well..
Reasonable, Your much too kind, but at times codes need to be broken, and that's an impossible way to set any prescribed set of rules, even within the cover of irony, especially when it is not at all opaque.


Freud was right, both about psychoanalysis and that the animus defined basically everything, but a lot more has been discovered since Freud and his language and even some of his concepts are antiquated. Yes, the transparent irony of calling someone a troll when that actually makes you a troll was lost on Phon.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 8255
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: I think people should be warned for calling....

Postby Mr Reasonable » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:39 pm

Ecm, saying something isn't logical is kind of a misstatement. Everything is bound by logic. So you don't say things are illogical. Instead you ask, "what is the logic of this thing?"
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 25899
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: I think people should be warned for calling....

Postby Ecmandu » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:40 pm

mr reasonable wrote:Ecm, saying something isn't logical is kind of a misstatement. Everything is bound by logic. So you don't say things are illogical. Instead you ask, "what is the logic of this thing?"


Sure but there are many types of logic. The logic of a troll is to get attention at the expense of logic, which kinda creates a paradox, or at least a different order of logic.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 8255
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: I think people should be warned for calling....

Postby Mr Reasonable » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:43 pm

Just read your own sentence there again. You're equivocating the term "logic" and you're cyber bullying a troll.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 25899
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: I think people should be warned for calling....

Postby Ecmandu » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:46 pm

mr reasonable wrote:Just read your own sentence there again. You're equivocating the term "logic" and you're cyber bullying a troll.


=) Trolls are cyber-bullies by definition. That's like saying a police officer who arrests a murderer is a bully.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 8255
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: I think people should be warned for calling....

Postby Orbie » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:00 pm

.
[size=50][/size]Allone's Obe issance



In answer to your prayer
sincere, the centre of
your circle here,
i stand ; and , without
taking thought,-
i know nothing. But i can

Full well your need-as
you be men
This: Re-Creation. With a
bow,
Then, your obedient

servant now.
One gift is all i find in me,
And that is faithful
memory
Orbie
partly cloudy, with a few showers
 
Posts: 7596
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:34 pm
Location: Night of infinite faith

Re: I think people should be warned for calling....

Postby Ecmandu » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:03 pm

Orb wrote:.


I know why you took that back =)
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 8255
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: I think people should be warned for calling....

Postby Orbie » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:05 pm

i think i know why you know why,

because why is redundent in a reduction,
therefore -=i know you know
and maybe-=or rather u know i know

which is not only an identity

but a tautology

a tautology is beyond equivication and can not be possibly intentional, objective cyber trolling

therefore, there can not be a differentiation between
potentialmand actual smarts. it is what it is and why ask why right?
Last edited by Orbie on Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
[size=50][/size]Allone's Obe issance



In answer to your prayer
sincere, the centre of
your circle here,
i stand ; and , without
taking thought,-
i know nothing. But i can

Full well your need-as
you be men
This: Re-Creation. With a
bow,
Then, your obedient

servant now.
One gift is all i find in me,
And that is faithful
memory
Orbie
partly cloudy, with a few showers
 
Posts: 7596
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:34 pm
Location: Night of infinite faith

Re: I think people should be warned for calling....

Postby Ecmandu » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:08 pm

Orb wrote:i think i know why you think you know why


Well.. then that makes you potentially smarter than me. The PM is in BTW.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 8255
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: I think people should be warned for calling....

Postby Orbie » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:22 pm

please, humility alone, may be my only valuable asset left. besides the actual by far, tips the scale.

To thicken the mix, i may not know it. But that would make me a troll by my own definition, so i will not admit to it, because i may know it in a different
sense.
[size=50][/size]Allone's Obe issance



In answer to your prayer
sincere, the centre of
your circle here,
i stand ; and , without
taking thought,-
i know nothing. But i can

Full well your need-as
you be men
This: Re-Creation. With a
bow,
Then, your obedient

servant now.
One gift is all i find in me,
And that is faithful
memory
Orbie
partly cloudy, with a few showers
 
Posts: 7596
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:34 pm
Location: Night of infinite faith

Re: I think people should be warned for calling....

Postby Orbie » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:42 pm

Equivalance implies lack,mof differentiation it is again clear, and here the plot has to thicken, because simply, by differentiating types from traits, of policeman from the bully, the objective and the intent have to be placed in stead of the logical center of the either or of the transparency.

I feel bait, that some will call a displacement, a decompensation, a disassociation, of the identity, and hence claim a shallow victory, on basis of logical uncertainty.

If this is what trolling is all about, then, it's correct prima faciae, however it is not merely a shallow, but a dark victory.

Compensation and decompensation are strange bedfellows, and attention can be gained by either, but with totally differing logical structures. perhaps the cause of a disassociation of identifiable counterparts, is based on an effort to save the identity from a bad mix of traits and types, which may look congruent, but may reflect badly on identifiable counterparts. The objective and the intent replace the logical inconsistency , they are pushed into the periphery, becoming simply signifiers, of inquiery, as to what a troll really consists of?
[size=50][/size]Allone's Obe issance



In answer to your prayer
sincere, the centre of
your circle here,
i stand ; and , without
taking thought,-
i know nothing. But i can

Full well your need-as
you be men
This: Re-Creation. With a
bow,
Then, your obedient

servant now.
One gift is all i find in me,
And that is faithful
memory
Orbie
partly cloudy, with a few showers
 
Posts: 7596
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:34 pm
Location: Night of infinite faith

Re: I think people should be warned for calling....

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:18 am

Ecmandu wrote:
mr reasonable wrote:Just read your own sentence there again. You're equivocating the term "logic" and you're cyber bullying a troll.


=) Trolls are cyber-bullies by definition. That's like saying a police officer who arrests a murderer is a bully.


Well, a cop can't know a guy is guilty of murder until the guy's been to trial, and since the arrest happens before then, the scenario that you're posed is complete nonsense.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 25899
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: I think people should be warned for calling....

Postby Orbie » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:35 am

not exactly, because cops have arrest powers on basis of their reasonable belief that the guy is guilty.
this is very important, consisting of a whole field of study, whereby the wrongful detention can cost the law enforcement community dearly, with consequential head rolling in cases of mis judgement.
therefore by and large, almost all of detainees end up guilty as charged.
[size=50][/size]Allone's Obe issance



In answer to your prayer
sincere, the centre of
your circle here,
i stand ; and , without
taking thought,-
i know nothing. But i can

Full well your need-as
you be men
This: Re-Creation. With a
bow,
Then, your obedient

servant now.
One gift is all i find in me,
And that is faithful
memory
Orbie
partly cloudy, with a few showers
 
Posts: 7596
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:34 pm
Location: Night of infinite faith

Re: I think people should be warned for calling....

Postby Artimas » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:57 pm

mr reasonable wrote:
Ecmandu wrote:
mr reasonable wrote:Just read your own sentence there again. You're equivocating the term "logic" and you're cyber bullying a troll.


=) Trolls are cyber-bullies by definition. That's like saying a police officer who arrests a murderer is a bully.


Well, a cop can't know a guy is guilty of murder until the guy's been to trial, and since the arrest happens before then, the scenario that you're posed is complete nonsense.


Murderer put aside, if the cop kicks the guy in the face and treats him like a dog.. That is bullying anyways. Depends on the character of the cop and the trial.

Even nothing, is something.
If one is to live balanced with expectations, then one must learn to appreciate the negative as well, to respect darkness in its own home.

All smoke fades, as do all delicate mirrors shatter.

"My ancestors are smiling on me, Imperials. Can you say the same?"

"Science Fiction today ~ Science Fact tomorrow"

Change is inevitable, it can only be delayed or sped up. Choose wisely.

Truth is pain, and pain is gain.


Image Image
User avatar
Artimas
Emancipator of ignorance and also Chameleon upon the stars
 
Posts: 3730
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:47 pm
Location: Earth, Milky Way

Re: I think people should be warned for calling....

Postby Orbie » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:11 pm

That type of scenario is beginning to be the thing of the past. New technologies are adopted by most PDF's require policemen to wear a mini camera to make sure, that police brutality is prevented.
[size=50][/size]Allone's Obe issance



In answer to your prayer
sincere, the centre of
your circle here,
i stand ; and , without
taking thought,-
i know nothing. But i can

Full well your need-as
you be men
This: Re-Creation. With a
bow,
Then, your obedient

servant now.
One gift is all i find in me,
And that is faithful
memory
Orbie
partly cloudy, with a few showers
 
Posts: 7596
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:34 pm
Location: Night of infinite faith

Re: I think people should be warned for calling....

Postby Artimas » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:16 pm

Orb wrote:That type of scenario is beginning to be the thing of the past. New technologies are adopted by most PDF's require policemen to wear a mini camera to make sure, that police brutality is prevented.


Doesn't look like it stops them lolol.. I still see a lot of police brutality and unlawful stops, arrests, etc.

Even nothing, is something.
If one is to live balanced with expectations, then one must learn to appreciate the negative as well, to respect darkness in its own home.

All smoke fades, as do all delicate mirrors shatter.

"My ancestors are smiling on me, Imperials. Can you say the same?"

"Science Fiction today ~ Science Fact tomorrow"

Change is inevitable, it can only be delayed or sped up. Choose wisely.

Truth is pain, and pain is gain.


Image Image
User avatar
Artimas
Emancipator of ignorance and also Chameleon upon the stars
 
Posts: 3730
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:47 pm
Location: Earth, Milky Way

Re: I think people should be warned for calling....

Postby Orbie » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:27 pm

I am optimistic. I feel that as the power struggle between the authorities and the masses become more and more transparent, the inequality masked as an equiality between them will become more tenuous, resulting in a cry for change. The politics of the so called democratic process will not be able to withstand this call for fairness. I have seen , in twenty five years, a very dramatic change here,and the course is not about to change.
[size=50][/size]Allone's Obe issance



In answer to your prayer
sincere, the centre of
your circle here,
i stand ; and , without
taking thought,-
i know nothing. But i can

Full well your need-as
you be men
This: Re-Creation. With a
bow,
Then, your obedient

servant now.
One gift is all i find in me,
And that is faithful
memory
Orbie
partly cloudy, with a few showers
 
Posts: 7596
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:34 pm
Location: Night of infinite faith

Re: I think people should be warned for calling....

Postby Artimas » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:29 pm

Change is inevitable really. People have delayed it long enough imo. Delaying it is only more unnecessary struggle and pain caused.

Even nothing, is something.
If one is to live balanced with expectations, then one must learn to appreciate the negative as well, to respect darkness in its own home.

All smoke fades, as do all delicate mirrors shatter.

"My ancestors are smiling on me, Imperials. Can you say the same?"

"Science Fiction today ~ Science Fact tomorrow"

Change is inevitable, it can only be delayed or sped up. Choose wisely.

Truth is pain, and pain is gain.


Image Image
User avatar
Artimas
Emancipator of ignorance and also Chameleon upon the stars
 
Posts: 3730
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:47 pm
Location: Earth, Milky Way

Re: I think people should be warned for calling....

Postby Orbie » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:42 pm

LOL.
[size=50][/size]Allone's Obe issance



In answer to your prayer
sincere, the centre of
your circle here,
i stand ; and , without
taking thought,-
i know nothing. But i can

Full well your need-as
you be men
This: Re-Creation. With a
bow,
Then, your obedient

servant now.
One gift is all i find in me,
And that is faithful
memory
Orbie
partly cloudy, with a few showers
 
Posts: 7596
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:34 pm
Location: Night of infinite faith

Re: I think people should be warned for calling....

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:30 pm

Ecmandu wrote:
phoneutria wrote:Joking aside, carleas or whoever may concern, the thread ecmandu posted itself is evidence that I replied to every asinine proposal by ecmandu with a serious answer, to the point where he couldn't sustain his proposals and just shifted the discussion into another asinine argument, at which point I quit. I would have done better to follow my own directive from page one or two and quit the conversation as soon as he joined, as that would have saved me a lot of typing, but I must have been bored :)
I'm just going to go ahead and do that for now, and recommend all to do the same.

I do want to point out, though, he is ruining a lot of threads that would otherwise be productive. Something to observe.
And that is all I have to say about this. Tchau!


Actually, the person who ended the debate was statiktech, who never lost his temper and didn't end his posts calling me names, and actually addressed the point i was making. You on the other hand as i said in that thread, were and are venomous, and this is not a good way to conduct yourself... just look at the difference between you and statiktech in that thread, actually you and everyone.



Why are people required to coddle you and maintain their manners to your satisfaction while debating some of the ridiculous things you say? Who fucking cares if someone calls you a name?

If you can't make your point because people aren't letting you....then um...you may not have a very good point, or you may just be failing to make it because you lack the rhetorical skills. But...it doesn't make sense that you should be babied and given special snowflake treatment just because you're too sensitive to participate in the same kind of discourse that everyone else does.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 25899
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: I think people should be warned for calling....

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:32 pm

Orb wrote:not exactly, because cops have arrest powers on basis of their reasonable belief that the guy is guilty.
this is very important, consisting of a whole field of study, whereby the wrongful detention can cost the law enforcement community dearly, with consequential head rolling in cases of mis judgement.
therefore by and large, almost all of detainees end up guilty as charged.



I've been arrested 6 times and I've been either dismissed before trial, no billed by a grand jury, or just outright acquitted each time.

I know that's anecdotal, but you can see where I'm coming from in my experiences at least.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 25899
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: I think people should be warned for calling....

Postby Ecmandu » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:06 am

mr reasonable wrote:
Orb wrote:not exactly, because cops have arrest powers on basis of their reasonable belief that the guy is guilty.
this is very important, consisting of a whole field of study, whereby the wrongful detention can cost the law enforcement community dearly, with consequential head rolling in cases of mis judgement.
therefore by and large, almost all of detainees end up guilty as charged.



I've been arrested 6 times and I've been either dismissed before trial, no billed by a grand jury, or just outright acquitted each time.

I know that's anecdotal, but you can see where I'm coming from in my experiences at least.


The only time I've been arrested and sent to jail was a time i saw a fight.... 3 younger guys beating on an older man.... there was a police car 4 blocks up the road parked and I approached it and explained the story, and he asked me to get into the car... I told him the boys ran down Middlecrest road... he drove right past middlecrest raod and took me to the guy who had been assaulted... he positively ID'd me as one of the boys who assaulted him, I was picked up from jail at 6 AM and had to go to a 7AM shift that was 14 hours long.... the police investigated and when I went before the judge I heard the strangest verdict I've ever heard. "No content", I didn't even know that was a possible verdict... but i was let go.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 8255
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

PreviousNext

Return to Meta



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users