I think people should be warned for calling....

A forum about the forums

Moderator: Carleas

I think people should be warned for calling....

Postby Ecmandu » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:29 am

I think people should be warned for calling people trolls...

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=187462&start=225#p2518760

The implications psychologically for constantly calling people trolls is actually more profound than most people think and is a form of bullying on the net if not supported.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 8255
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: I think people should be warned for calling....

Postby Orbie » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:36 am

Ecmandu: In the forum dealing with the ontology of infinity being differentiated by a supposed God, you commented, as i recall, upon the ambiguity of my use of the word 'troll' and stated that perhaps You, or John was mesnt. In fact, at this late stage, i admit i meant myself, since i have a self admitted habit of coming into a forum late in the game. I do not, as well, consider myself a troll, and i consider relevance,,or the tying in of relevant material into any unresolved stage in a meaningful conversation to be forgiven. The irrelevant and unsubstantiated material, which may consist of trolling, is another matter entirely.
[size=50][/size]Allone's Obe issance



In answer to your prayer
sincere, the centre of
your circle here,
i stand ; and , without
taking thought,-
i know nothing. But i can

Full well your need-as
you be men
This: Re-Creation. With a
bow,
Then, your obedient

servant now.
One gift is all i find in me,
And that is faithful
memory
Orbie
partly cloudy, with a few showers
 
Posts: 7596
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:34 pm
Location: Night of infinite faith

Re: I think people should be warned for calling....

Postby Mr Reasonable » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:37 am

Hey, you should start a forum and make that the rule there.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 25899
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: I think people should be warned for calling....

Postby Artimas » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:39 am

So freedom of speech should be restricted because of peoples feels?

Even nothing, is something.
If one is to live balanced with expectations, then one must learn to appreciate the negative as well, to respect darkness in its own home.

All smoke fades, as do all delicate mirrors shatter.

"My ancestors are smiling on me, Imperials. Can you say the same?"

"Science Fiction today ~ Science Fact tomorrow"

Change is inevitable, it can only be delayed or sped up. Choose wisely.

Truth is pain, and pain is gain.


Image Image
User avatar
Artimas
Emancipator of ignorance and also Chameleon upon the stars
 
Posts: 3730
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:47 pm
Location: Earth, Milky Way

Re: I think people should be warned for calling....

Postby phoneutria » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:32 pm

I'd call you disruptive nonsensical whiny little shit, but troll is so much easier to type.
phoneutria
purveyor of enchantment, advocate of pulchritude AND venomously disarming
 
Posts: 2733
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 5:37 am

Re: I think people should be warned for calling....

Postby Ecmandu » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:17 pm

Artimas wrote:So freedom of speech should be restricted because of peoples feels?


The irony of being in a thread where people are checking facts, like the way statiktech was helpful, informative, patient and non-venomous, and someone using the world troll, which is actually a matter of needing to prove it apparently didn't sink in. Calling people trolls is cyber-bullying and doesn't help the conversation. You can say that they're off topic. Trolling is actually very hard to prove. I don't think I'm trolling about including topics about what evolution can and can't answer in a thread about that topic. I took statiktechs corrections immediately to heart, and brought up another problem with evolution after that, to which everyone has remained silent at this point.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 8255
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: I think people should be warned for calling....

Postby phoneutria » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:25 pm

No, actually you shat on the entire thread, like you always do.
It is simply impossible to have any meaningful discussions with you around.
And you wonder why you've been banned from 14 forums, or whatever the number was.
You're not being persecuted. You just suck.
phoneutria
purveyor of enchantment, advocate of pulchritude AND venomously disarming
 
Posts: 2733
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 5:37 am

Re: I think people should be warned for calling....

Postby Ecmandu » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:29 pm

phoneutria wrote:No, actually you shat on the entire thread, like you always do.
It is simply impossible to have any meaningful discussions with you around.


Let's put it this way, the other thread you took great issue was, was the "love" thread, where I FACTUALLY answered the OP, I guess you didn't like the factual answer... the other thread of issue is this one, where people can talk about cells and also talk about paradoxes that arise with the very concept of evolution where both points are still on topic. So actually, you just don't like my capacity to make threads more interesting and on topic.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 8255
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: I think people should be warned for calling....

Postby Ecmandu » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:33 pm

phoneutria wrote:No, actually you shat on the entire thread, like you always do.
It is simply impossible to have any meaningful discussions with you around.
And you wonder why you've been banned from 14 forums, or whatever the number was.
You're not being persecuted. You just suck.


I was never banned for discussions like these... I was banned for posting sexual selection theory. And it was persecution. I even linked to an article in the "love" thread that discusses the same topic in the Atlantic Journal, but this topic is so contentious, and my interpretation is so radical (and true) that women complain about it... that's why I keep getting banned. They think they're being persecuted when someone says that run-away sexual selection causes all the war and suicide on earth... and the guys just need to get laid, so they're like, "Ok, we'll ban him"
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 8255
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: I think people should be warned for calling....

Postby Ecmandu » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:57 pm

You have to understand more about message boards to understand why I get banned for this. The politics is not just about someone hiding behind a username, often times people know each other personally... so if someone defends my argument, they are being judged by real people and not people behind a username from somewhere across the world, academics, politicians etc...

They generally know who each other are even though the general population doesn't, and the board administrators are under the same selective pressures often. There are a lot of people in the world who believe psychopathy comes just from run-away sexual selection in this or any other species. That was not an idea invented by me. I'm just really good at articulating the mechanisms involved, and have even coined new terms to explain it better... that's where the real controversy is.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 8255
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: I think people should be warned for calling....

Postby Ecmandu » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:05 pm

Let me put this to you in context... I can say aliens exist on any message board and not get banned, even if I haven't had experience with them. But when people touch on sexual selection theory... OH MY!! Even academics talk about it in a hush, hush manner... I have no desire to do this, I just come right out and say what these academics know, and often I say it better than they do or can. It's the most taboo topic on planet earth, sexual selection theory, that our species is engaged in run-away sexual selection, and that this generates certain phenotypes.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 8255
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: I think people should be warned for calling....

Postby Ecmandu » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:16 pm

The most controversial part of sexual selection theory is actually two-pronged... one females cause more damage than males, and two, there's no way any religion is true.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 8255
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: I think people should be warned for calling....

Postby Ecmandu » Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:19 pm

Another aspect of this, is coded but also propaganda... such a show show like Big Bang Theory, which talks about these issues in terms guys understand but in ways that defend the female denial system... the point is that it's supposed to go over the women's heads. Codes have been used a lot for controversial topics. Basically, even the article I used in the "love" thread, uses code, instead of saying outright what social scientists generally know... the code they used, which is common, is that males use conspicuous consumption aggression for short term mating... what they don't mention is that they also use it for long term mating as well, and this is very easy to demonstrate... but it's a way to get the topic out there without making it so stark. This is the public face of sexual selection theory, cautious and coded... what I'm presenting is what people actually know about this.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 8255
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: I think people should be warned for calling....

Postby phyllo » Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:25 pm

You really know how to shoot yourself in the foot. :D
phyllo
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 11149
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:41 am

Re: I think people should be warned for calling....

Postby Ecmandu » Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:31 pm

Again, I'm responding to the charge of being a troll in the "love" thread as well, and demonstrating a pattern of behavior by Phon. My comment about he Big Bang Theory, is that the joke that goes over the women's heads is that all the guys in that show had to be assholes to get women, but they are portrayed as the "nice guys" who can't get laid... this is the code used in that show that goes over women's heads. So actually when the topic was romantic love, I was factually answering the question, I was not shitting on the thread.
Last edited by Ecmandu on Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 8255
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: I think people should be warned for calling....

Postby Ecmandu » Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:32 pm

phyllo wrote:You really know how to shoot yourself in the foot. :D


Yeah, by speaking the truth to topics. Go figure.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 8255
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: I think people should be warned for calling....

Postby phoneutria » Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:36 pm

Durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr...
phoneutria
purveyor of enchantment, advocate of pulchritude AND venomously disarming
 
Posts: 2733
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 5:37 am

Re: I think people should be warned for calling....

Postby Ecmandu » Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:41 pm

phyllo wrote:You really know how to shoot yourself in the foot. :D


I'm also not a politician or academic, and I don't have the reputations of academics to worry about because I figured this all out by logic, not from books... so I'm not as socially conscious or coded as others are. I just speak the plain truth about this subject, because I own it myself. Academics tend to know each other by how they write on message boards, and depending on the message board, you have the social and financial elite and politicians too.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 8255
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: I think people should be warned for calling....

Postby Ecmandu » Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:50 pm

phoneutria wrote:Durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr durr...


And you called me a troll? I'm explaining message board politics... and I'm explaining how people use the word troll to silence people when denial systems are involved. It's actually extremely hard to prove someone by definition is a troll because part of the definition requires intent, and a lack of earnestness about the subject. You are clearly ignorant about what a troll is Phon.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 8255
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: I think people should be warned for calling....

Postby phoneutria » Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:55 pm

phoneutria
purveyor of enchantment, advocate of pulchritude AND venomously disarming
 
Posts: 2733
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 5:37 am

Re: I think people should be warned for calling....

Postby Ecmandu » Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:59 pm

phoneutria wrote:http://trololololololololololo.com/


Phon, you're only accusing me of speaking but not saying anything but gibberish. Can you prove it? Again, calling someone a troll without proving it is being a troll. That's one of the ways you can actually PROVE someone is a troll.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 8255
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: I think people should be warned for calling....

Postby Ecmandu » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:01 pm

Ecmandu wrote:
phoneutria wrote:http://trololololololololololo.com/


Phon, you're only accusing me of speaking but not saying anything but gibberish. Can you prove it? Again, calling someone a troll without proving it is being a troll. That's one of the ways you can actually PROVE someone is a troll.


Oh, and another way you can prove someone is a troll is by seeing whether they respond directly to the person, or try to use language to go over their heads. Since you've done both, you actually, by definition are a troll.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 8255
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: I think people should be warned for calling....

Postby Ecmandu » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:09 pm

Don't say i didn't warn you Phon... I just gave you the search algorithms to find and define a troll... I wasn't sure yet, until you posted that pic in the last thread and this video, now I know for a fact that you're a troll. I tried to warn you that you were venomous relative to others... I thought that might change your behavior. This is not an issue of free speech, this is about how people behave in the context of speaking... You can't murder anyone because of free speech, and on the net you can't troll and call it free speech.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 8255
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: I think people should be warned for calling....

Postby phoneutria » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:11 pm

I am not going to get sucked into discussion with you again.

NSFW
http://www.lookatmyhorsemyhorseisamazing.com/
phoneutria
purveyor of enchantment, advocate of pulchritude AND venomously disarming
 
Posts: 2733
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 5:37 am

Re: I think people should be warned for calling....

Postby Ecmandu » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:17 pm

phoneutria wrote:I am not going to get sucked into discussion with you again.

NSFW
http://www.lookatmyhorsemyhorseisamazing.com/


Actually, you just did with this reply. That's the part where I was saying in the last thread, that you're not logical QED... though i gleaned it from other interactions with you as well. Unlike you, I pay close attention to evidence, as Staitktech can attest, he showed me evidence and I said, "Thank you for showing me that" "I can't prove my argument because of this evidence"
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 8255
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Next

Return to Meta



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

cron