Title change please?

Right now, it’s “Banned”, if it’s possible, I’d like it to be changed to “Truth seeker”. Thanks in advance :smiley:

…and what truth do you now seek?

The general truth about everything. I’m trying to put the little bits and pieces of small truths to form one encompassing truth of everything. It’s a tedious effort in this world of deceit but I manage.

And yeah, thanks :slight_smile:

How far along are you with that puzzle? And what do you do when some of those pieces are missing or lost?

Good questions.

I think I barely moved beyond Socrates “I know that I know nothing” to “I know I barely know anything”. I am fully aware that the body of knowledge about everything there is is far too great for any human to ever fully grasp, so you may consider my quest foolish and even puerile in that sense. But I can’t see myself living my life any other way, it would be unsatisfying. When pieces are missing or lost I look for them. I think that one of the most important things is to wait until you find the right piece, cause if you put a wrong piece of the puzzle into it you’re distorting its entire image (the truth).

Where’s my special title of purveyor of enchantment, advocate of pulchritude AND venomously disarming?

You know… I thought you were joking, but guess not 8-[

How’s the fit? :smiley:

Nice title phoneutria, I think venomously disarming fits you the best, probably has to do something with that fancy spider as your avatar :smiley:

LOL awesome
I’d like to thank all who have submitted entries to this contest. It turns out everybody won :slight_smile:

Suits you m’aam :wink:

Atheris,

Thank you kind sir. Once in a while I come up with a good question. Sometimes I think they’re more important than the answers.

Most intelligent people come to realize that the more they come to know the less they actually do know. Humility. But still, they know. The universe may not be infinite but it certainly feels that way, doesn’t it?
But it is there for us to know and for us to be confounded by - thankfully at times…for the mystery stimulates our curiosity all the more.

That kind of reminds me of the starfish story though for another reason. Instead of the little starfish being saved, it did make a difference to that/those little guy/guys lol ~~~you’re picking up the little bits and pieces of small truths - which are equally important to form a larger vision of Truth.
Some might think your quest foolish or like the Man of LaMancha’s “impossible dream” but it isn’t - and it is a worthy one, one of value, Atheris. Always so loved that song…

To dream the impossible dream
To fight the unbeatable foe
To bear with unbearable sorrow
To run where the brave dare not go

To right the unrightable wrong
To love pure and chaste from afar
To try when your arms are too weary
To reach the unreachable star

This is my quest
To follow that star
No matter how hopeless
No matter how far

To fight for the right
Without question or pause
To be willing to march into Hell
For a heavenly cause

And I know if I’ll only be true
To this glorious quest
That my heart will lie peaceful and calm
When I’m laid to my rest

And the world will be better for this
That one man, scorned and covered with scars
Still strove with his last ounce of courage
To reach the unreachable star

Go to it!!!

So one might call you an explorer or an archaelogist, right? Or a knight on a quest? :mrgreen:

But the right piece may not be the ONLY one which necessarily fits? Of course, I’m not speaking here of metaphorical puzzles.
What is one of the signs for you that a piece just doesn’t fit short of it not fitting and being seemingly distorted?