Post #Number ?

I noted there are no post #number to each post.
At times copying and pasting the shortcut of a post is tedious.

Referring to the post #number is much more convenient.

Besides the post #number indicate the relative ‘distance’ or ‘age’ of various posts which is useful if there are more than 50 or more within a thread.

I noted all forums which I had been a member has post #number which is also a good indicator of where to copy a shortcut if we need to.

There is a post number. Yours is number 2513380.

I meant the post number in relation to a specific thread and not the forum in general.
If the OP is numbered #1
Your post will be post #2.
This current post of mine will be post #3.

Have a look at other philosophy or any forum and you will see what I mean.
Example;
actuarialoutpost.com/actuari … p?t=287645
You will note the running post number # is at the top right hand corner.

I have seen other philosophy sites using the same format as this site incorporating post numbers in the thread.

And the benefit you see to having a post counter in each thread is what?

As mentioned earlier,
Besides the post #number indicate the relative ‘distance’ or ‘age’ of various posts which is useful if there are more than 50 or more posts within a thread.

When responding to any posts where there many posts in a thread,
the mentioned of the specific post #number is very easy to facilitate communication.

For example in response to a point, I can say;
"Refer to #5, #8, and #10 where I highlighted the significance of my hypothesis"
Refer to post #55 where I have already provided the necessary evidence
…etc.
In these cases I do not have to even copy the links and by remembering and mentioning the post #number[s] will save me time and enable the convenience.
In the case of the general seven number e.g. “2513380” I will have to search for them and remember such a long number and it will be more problematic if I have a few posts to refer to at one time.

I do the above very often where posters forget what I had posted in earlier posts.
Another is where newcomers to a long thread are lazy to read the whole thread, in this case I will refer them to the post #number[s] where their questions or arguments has been answered.