To moderators or member posters:

A forum about the forums

Moderator: Carleas

Re: To moderators or member posters:

Postby Arminius » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:53 am

zinnat13 wrote:That happens everywhere. Those visitors, who are not the members or regular posters, usually visit to see just what is going on. More often than not, they only read the headings on the first page of most active threads and leave. A very few percentage of visitors read the threads.

Secondly, most visitors are not interested in pure intellectual discussions like determinism, free will or objectivism/subjectivism. They are more interested in such subjects with whom they can relate themselves or are related with their day to day life.

Thirdly, such threads, which are of complete different zone, also get more hits than normal ones, even if they are not about hardcore philosophy.

That all is true - unfortunately!
Arminius
ILP Legend

Postby Orbie » Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:48 pm

To members who sent me an email: I apologize for my lack of abiity, to read messages, my tablet has lost it's function, in addition tp failing to edit. Therefore i apologise for this seeming carelessness, until i am able to clear this up.
[size=50][/size]Allone's Obe issance

In answer to your prayer
sincere, the centre of
your circle here,
i stand ; and , without
taking thought,-
i know nothing. But i can

Full well your need-as
you be men
This: Re-Creation. With a
bow,
Then, your obedient

servant now.
One gift is all i find in me,
And that is faithful
memory
Orbie
partly cloudy, with a few showers

Postby Orbie » Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:39 pm

Question: I logged on today and noticed that in the forum which included' The reoccurance of Jewish hatred, the heading forum read, 'the hatred of other ILP members.' I usually am not interested in hatred, but i tried it, and it appeared that the forum did not
exist, or could not be accessed. Has the forum been deleted, or, someother technical difficulty occured, to
access this article?

I believe very strongly, that hatred of all kinds is due
to lack of information regarding the object of that
emotion.

To paraphrase from Nathanial Hawthorn's "Scarlet Letter', i find solace in the many forms of analogy with the present athmosphere.

"It contributes greatly towards a man's moral and intellectual health to be brought into habits of companionship with individuals unlike himself, who care little for his pursuits, and whose sphere and abilities he must go out of himself to appreciate."

Just wondering, so as for any thing festering be presently put to rest.
[size=50][/size]Allone's Obe issance

In answer to your prayer
sincere, the centre of
your circle here,
i stand ; and , without
taking thought,-
i know nothing. But i can

Full well your need-as
you be men
This: Re-Creation. With a
bow,
Then, your obedient

servant now.
One gift is all i find in me,
And that is faithful
memory
Orbie
partly cloudy, with a few showers

This subject is different

Postby Carleas » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:17 pm

Not sure I follow the question. The subject line of that thread was changed by someone in that thread, so subsequent replies bear the new subject (I have changed the subject of this post to illustrate what I mean).

As for what you got a message about it, could it be that you weren't logged in, or that your session expired before you clicked the link? The Rant House is only visible to members, so if you had been logged out and tried to access a post there, you would get an error message.

Alternatively, the server was thrashing something awful last night, it could just be an error.
User Control Panel > Board preference > Edit display options > Display signatures: No.
Carleas
Magister Ludi

Previous

Return to Meta