Are you satisfied with the ILP moderation?

Regardless of Ucc’s views and stances on a myriad of subjects, whether biased, evil, or whatever, he does NOT abuse his moderator authority.

Yeah, he might see the entirety of the universe in terms of the left/right dichotomy and from the farthest right side, but he probably wont ban me for pointing that out. Hell, he might not even think it’s a negative thing to say.

Regarding the second part - I’m not aware of anyone who has been permabanned for reasons other than trolling/flaming, besides spambots.

There’s a large grey area for “trolling” - as long as you are not the moderator in question, there is likely to always be people you consider clearly trolls, and/or people who are being unjustly persecuted by overzealous moderators. If we took a zero-tolerance policy we would end up with a very quiet forum of a few posters with a single posting style.

So it’s always a balance. And there will always be people who are unhappy with where the balance lies. There are a considerable number of posters who fundamentally dislike/reject authority, some for philosophical and some for psychological reasons. There are some who dislike conflict. Some posters have less refined social/political skills than others, some worse tempers, some more extreme positions. And very, very many who see any exercise of moderator power as being personal prejudice rather than an attempt to accommodate a range of posters and foster productive discussion. :slight_smile:

I’m certainly always interested in feedback. I’ll also certainly never satisfy everyone’s expectations of a moderator, any more than I can provide a perfect forum for everybody.

There are three possibilities why you are reacting that way: (1) you are a leftists too, (2) you have misunderstood my statement, (3) you are a leftists and have misunderstood my statement (=> 1 and 2).

Leftists have occupied the center and the right wing, but they would never admit this, they would never say that they are rightists, but they are. The new rightist will never say “I am the rightist” but will always say “I am the anti-rightist”. Leftists live on the hardship of the poor people, and the poor people are becoming more and more, which is what the leftists want, must want, because they live on them. Just because others do not want to bite the dust (to lose their competences), they become leftists too. If there were no poor people, the leftists would immediately invent them. Leftist need the poor people because they live on their hardship.

This, what I just described, is the situation in Europe, at least in Old Europe, and I am pretty sure that it is not much different in the USA.

That’s right.

I believe you. But there is another interesting feedback: Many ILP members like trolls, and one of the feedbacks is that some of the moderators tend to like trolls too. So in the final analysis many ILP members and some moderators do sometimes not know who is a troll and who is not a troll.

Man you’ve got it backward. In the US, the right wing wants to let wall street do what they want and they want to cut any program that helps anyone. The left want people to be able to go to the hospital and want wall street to have to chip in some tax money to make that happen.

if forum is maintained by 10 fellows.
Each fellow invest like - 50 $ per month

I’m ready to work for 500 $ per month

do consider.

I’m confused. Do you mean that we (some of us) like trolls in general, or specific trolls, or that we don’t know who’s trolling and like posters without realising them to be trolls?

I’m pretty sure the answer to that is “yes”.

Oh, I’m sorry.

I mean the latter, although maybe there is one of you too who likes trolls in general ( :wink: ), but that is not what I am talking about. I just think that some (thus: not all) of the posters influence some (thus: not all) of the moderators / administrators a bit, not always but sometimes, and that we have to separate “classical” trolls from trolls who are not or at least not at once recognised as trolls by other posters and moderators / administrators. I mean: How do some (thus: not all) certain posters try to appeal to other posters here on ILP? By philosophising? No, but certain posters and moderators / administrators think that it is philosophising. By trolling? Yes, but not always in the “classical” way, because trolling on the internet has developed since the beginning of the internet.

Would you deny that there are influences between posters and moderators / administrators? - I don’t think so.

No.

Did I say anything much different? The left wing populists say that the right wing wants the Wall Street to do what the Wall Stret wants, so it is right that it is said so, but the truth is that th left wing does the same, so that one can also say: the left wing is the right wing too (there is no real difference - except the rhetoric). Who of the cowards would ever publicly admit being a rightist? No one. Here on ILP you have the same result. Look here.

[tab]Even on ILP, no one wants to publicly be a “rightist”:

[/tab]
No one wants to publicly be a “rightist”.

The current fashion is still being a leftist, and in modern times the fashion dictates the moral. So “being a rightist” means currently “being evil”. But what does that mean if a leftist is also a rightist and no one wants to publicly admit being a rightist (just because the purposely made fashion forbids it).

You may elect as much as you want, you will never get a true left or a true right politics, because both are currently the same when it comes to the real politics, since the global rulers who blackmail the politicians do the real politics.

That is what the “leftists” are telling you rhetorically - over and over again.

What they extra-linguistically do is very much different from what they linguistically (rhetorically) do.

Okay, there is a little difference between the US-American “left”/“right”-thing and the European one, but this is at last negligible. It’s only words.

[tab][youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JECTUQVrvzE[/youtube][/tab]

For a further response I would like you to post in another thread (you may quote my post there) in order to not derail this thread. Okay?

big no.

…didn’t like the warning, I take it?

…perhaps any such future posts of yours of that ilk should be posted in Creative Writing rather than inspirational quotes.

or in science math section.

MAGSJ= MAG + SSSSS+JEY
MAG= MA+GHEE
SSSSS= PENTA S
JEY= J+ HEY

YOU ARE SO SMART.

I am in agreement with Arminius, he is a classic Troll, and on a normal forum, would of been banned. He denigrates Germans, which uis offensive to me as a German American, making up fake German history, or just fake history in general, and goes about lecturing people how religion should be, despite being a charlatan athiest (same for Sauwelios and Fixed Cross… reminds me of the Bowling Ball scene at the end of the movie “There Will Be Blood”) and he just sometimes railing about the Jacobites of all damn things.

Then he starts threads like this. The nerve of that fucker, trying to get his chief opponents that he is jealous of banned all for the sake of gaining a monopoly on esteem as the last ape left standing. Guess what… nobody is banning anyone simply because you want it so. The reasons for banking are mysterious and cloaked in a impenetrable darkness, no one knows why it happens before, during, or after. We’ve theorized Post-Menstral Cramps may be a component on the staff’s side. No one knows for certain. You would have better luck getting what you want from Santa by secretly writing to him than getting the staff to ban… 99/100 they ignore you unless it us a stupid name request.

:laughing: good one Quantum… PENTA S?

Why is everything you post sexual, and always in inappropriate threads? Please unleash your talents in Creative Writing for that sort of thing.

Here is the exact example:

Turd Ferguson is the exact troll example I mentioned. He has not a tiny clue of history, of philosophy, of science, and he does not know much about his first language - but he is the first one when it comes to use lies, fakes, and ad hominems. Every now and then he uses lying “headlines” (as if he were the “popular press”) in order to hide his stupidity and his trolling and pubescent behavior. Most of the time he is trolling, lying, and faking like a pubescent child. So why is he not banned? Obviously he has been trolling since 2011 when he joined ILP. Why is he implicitly protected by the moderation or, especially, the administration? Is he Carleas’ little brother?

Perhaps if you actually knew anything about at least something, your assessments of others might come a little closer to being accurate.

I’m locking this thread for having degraded into members insulting each other, where it was supposed to be about insulting ILP’s dedicated volunteer staff.