Philosophers or Crack Dealers?

Why do a bunch of KTS posters now have a label ‘Crack Dealer’ under their avatars?

Perhaps it’s something esoteric :-k

Maybe one of the mods is fucking with them? Highly unlikely, since that would mean fucking with the admin.
Maybe Carleas himself is fucking with them? I read somewhere that the name of a banned member Satyr was changed to Lollipop King or something like that and had the avatar match the name, couldn’t stop laughing :laughing:

Or maybe it’s a conspiracy by the KTS posters and they actually demanded in PM for their signatures to be changed so they can play the victim :open_mouth:

I am not a KTS-poster and have this label as well.
All users who have less than 500 posts are ‘crack-dealers’ now, you can also see it in old threads from 2002.
Somebody must have lost it completely.
I would like to know what’s going on here.

LMFAO crack dealer’s.

Meth dealers too? Where’s Walt.

Umm… I honestly can’t see this. Has it stopped?

Carleas cancelled it a few hours ago. I had sent him a PM about this.

It was merely a software glitch that applied that Rank to others as well as the intended poster. No conspiracy involved.

[size=150]Is this forum dangerous?[/size]

I checked that - in threads of every year from 2001 on - all users with less than 500 posts were named “Crack-Dealers”.

Yes, who else has the ability to change the profiles?

Yes.

Yes it is, and I also would like to know who did this.

That’s right; I have checked it. And I asked Impious:

I asked this because I had read “Crack Dealer” under his username!

No. Let us assume that this forum is a dangerous “place”, that some of its members are criminal or at least mentally ill.

:wink:

I don’t see why everyone’s all bent out of shape about it. There are plenty of reasons to be proud if you’re a crack dealer. I mean…it pretty much entails bravery, an ability to be enterprising, and a sort of quality that’s hard to describe but that one must have in order to succeed at selling crack.

I mean…you beat the cops, you beat the crackheads, and you get paid to do it like a boss.

That might be right for some people, but I prefer to decide it myself when I want to have this “rank”.

Look, it is not long ago that Jakob/Fixed Cross chased you all over the place here, calling you a crackhead, crack-addict and whatever, he seemed to be obsessed with it. I was referring to that as well when I asked him this question. That made him somehow mad at me, he put me on ignore, couldn’t stick to it, but anyway: It was kind of spooky to me when I saw the words “Crack-Dealer” showing up under my avatar and it took me a while to figure out that all users with less than 500 posts had that label.

I don’t know. I don’t want to make accusations, but everything is possible. If it was only a software glitch, then it was really a very, very strange coincidence.

How do you get those titles that’s under the account name? I tried to make one myself in the User Control Panel and it wouldn’t let me.

And you thrive on the misery and addiction of others. Ahh, the good life. :evilfun:

What about personal choice and responsibility? Don’t people have a duty to at least look out for themselves?

Yeah, you are responsible for yourself. However, when you are down and out of control, you need help to get up… you don’t need someone emptying your pockets, taking your shoes and kicking you into a hole when there is nothing left to take.

Not all crack dealers are like that.

They are supplying addicts. Correct?

And those addicts are destroying themselves and their families. Maybe they are stealing to pay for drugs.

Not everyone who smokes crack is addicted to it. And I’m not sure if they all steal. And I dunno about destroying families and all that. A lot of people think crack is more than what it is. In the 80s they did a marketing campaign that basically made everyone think that it’s like the worst thing ever invented and that anyone who touches it will become a crack zombie. This is simply not true.

What about this…you got a dude who has to work crazy hours and so he needs a little crack sometimes to stay up late and do his job to take care of his family. So he comes to you and wants to spend like 100 a week on crack.

Then you tell him…dude…just take this big chunk of crack, and instead of spending 100 bucks a week, you can sell it, smoke what you want, and make 300 bucks a week on top of your regular paycheck.

Now this guy’s sending his kid to college.

Philosophers and crack dealers. It’s not mutually exclusive.

You want to sugar-coat it, like it’s just another business. No harm done. :wink:

Crack rates highly in the dependance category which is an indicator of addition.