Philosophers or Crack Dealers?

A forum about the forums

Moderator: Carleas

Philosophers or Crack Dealers?

Postby phyllo » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:51 pm

Why do a bunch of KTS posters now have a label 'Crack Dealer' under their avatars?
phyllo
ILP Legend

Re: Philosophers or Crack Dealers?

Postby AutSider » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:00 pm

Perhaps it's something esoteric :-k

Maybe one of the mods is fucking with them? Highly unlikely, since that would mean fucking with the admin.
Maybe Carleas himself is fucking with them? I read somewhere that the name of a banned member Satyr was changed to Lollipop King or something like that and had the avatar match the name, couldn't stop laughing :lol:

Or maybe it's a conspiracy by the KTS posters and they actually demanded in PM for their signatures to be changed so they can play the victim :shock:
AutSider
BANNED

Postby Mithus » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:05 pm

I am not a KTS-poster and have this label as well.
All users who have less than 500 posts are 'crack-dealers' now, you can also see it in old threads from 2002.
Somebody must have lost it completely.
I would like to know what's going on here.
..... panta rhei .............................................
Mithus

Postby Artimas » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:45 pm

LMFAO crack dealer's.

Meth dealers too? Where's Walt.

A "god" who deserves worship will be humble enough to reject it; A "god" who demands worship will not be worthy of it.

All smoke fades, as do all delicate mirrors shatter.

"My ancestors are smiling on me, Imperials. Can you say the same?"

"Science Fiction today ~ Science Fact tomorrow"

Change is inevitable, it can only be delayed or sped up. Choose wisely.

Truth is pain, and pain is gain.

Image Image
Artimas
Emancipator of ignorance and also Chameleon upon the stars

Postby Only_Humean » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:59 am

Umm... I honestly can't see this. Has it stopped?

The biology of purpose keeps my nose above the surface.
- Brian Eno
Only_Humean
ILP Legend

Postby Mithus » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:14 pm

Only_Humean wrote:Umm... I honestly can't see this. Has it stopped?

Carleas cancelled it a few hours ago. I had sent him a PM about this.
Mithus

Postby MagsJ » Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:16 pm

It was merely a software glitch that applied that Rank to others as well as the intended poster. No conspiracy involved.
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby Arminius » Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:39 pm

Is this forum dangerous?

Mithus wrote:CARLEAS!!!
I never asked a mod to put the words CRACK DEALER under my username!!!

I checked that - in threads of every year from 2001 on - all users with less than 500 posts were named "Crack-Dealers".

Mithus wrote:Who else has the ability to change my profile here ???
I want to have this cancelled immediately.

Yes, who else has the ability to change the profiles?

James S Saint wrote:And now I see another related issue has come forth. Jakob had, in one of his spews, accused me of being a crack dealer or crackhead and suddenly several people defending me have "crackhead" placed into the avatar. There are only two ways to accomplish that, one is literally illegal and the other implies betrayal and misuse of authoritative privilege.

Yes.

A Shieldmaiden wrote:JSS wrote;
And now I see another related issue has come forth. Jakob had, in one of his spews, accused me of being a crack dealer or crackhead and suddenly several people defending me have "crackhead" placed into the avatar. There are only two ways to accomplish that, one is literally illegal and the other implies betrayal and misuse of authoritative privilege.

Carleas, I suggest that you fix it, either way.

I would like to know who did this.

Initially full of bravado and now not wanting to own up, that in itself is cowardly and they call themselves philosophers.

Pathetic!

Yes it is, and I also would like to know who did this.

fuse wrote:
James S Saint wrote:And now I see another related issue has come forth. Jakob had, in one of his spews, accused me of being a crack dealer or crackhead and suddenly several people defending me have "crackhead" placed into the avatar. There are only two ways to accomplish that, one is literally illegal and the other implies betrayal and misuse of authoritative privilege.

Mithus said "All users who have less than 500 posts are 'crack-dealers' now, you can also see it in old threads from 2002."

That's right; I have checked it. And I asked Impious:
I asked this because I had read "Crack Dealer" under his username!

phyllo wrote:Let us assume that this was just a coincidence and concentrate on the OP.

No. Let us assume that this forum is a dangerous "place", that some of its members are criminal or at least mentally ill.
Arminius
ILP Legend

Postby 1mpious » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:01 pm

MagsJ wrote:It was merely a software glitch that applied that Rank to others as well as the intended poster. No conspiracy involved.

;)
1mpious
decent guy

Postby Mr Reasonable » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:06 am

I don't see why everyone's all bent out of shape about it. There are plenty of reasons to be proud if you're a crack dealer. I mean...it pretty much entails bravery, an ability to be enterprising, and a sort of quality that's hard to describe but that one must have in order to succeed at selling crack.

I mean...you beat the cops, you beat the crackheads, and you get paid to do it like a boss.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby Mithus » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:33 am

mr reasonable wrote:I don't see why everyone's all bent out of shape about it. There are plenty of reasons to be proud if you're a crack dealer. I mean...it pretty much entails bravery, an ability to be enterprising, and a sort of quality that's hard to describe but that one must have in order to succeed at selling crack.

I mean...you beat the cops, you beat the crackheads, and you get paid to do it like a boss.

That might be right for some people, but I prefer to decide it myself when I want to have this "rank".

Look, it is not long ago that Jakob/Fixed Cross chased you all over the place here, calling you a crackhead, crack-addict and whatever, he seemed to be obsessed with it. I was referring to that as well when I asked him this question. That made him somehow mad at me, he put me on ignore, couldn't stick to it, but anyway: It was kind of spooky to me when I saw the words "Crack-Dealer" showing up under my avatar and it took me a while to figure out that all users with less than 500 posts had that label.

I don't know. I don't want to make accusations, but everything is possible. If it was only a software glitch, then it was really a very, very strange coincidence.
Mithus

Postby Wandering_Lands » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:24 pm

How do you get those titles that's under the account name? I tried to make one myself in the User Control Panel and it wouldn't let me.
The One emanates the All, and the All returns to the One.
Wandering_Lands

Postby phyllo » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:46 pm

And you thrive on the misery and addiction of others. Ahh, the good life. :evilfun:
phyllo
ILP Legend

Postby Mr Reasonable » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:16 pm

phyllo wrote:
And you thrive on the misery and addiction of others. Ahh, the good life. :evilfun:

What about personal choice and responsibility? Don't people have a duty to at least look out for themselves?
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby phyllo » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:23 pm

What about personal choice and responsibility? Don't people have a duty to at least look out for themselves?
Yeah, you are responsible for yourself. However, when you are down and out of control, you need help to get up... you don't need someone emptying your pockets, taking your shoes and kicking you into a hole when there is nothing left to take.
phyllo
ILP Legend

Postby Mr Reasonable » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:25 pm

Not all crack dealers are like that.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby phyllo » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:29 pm

They are supplying addicts. Correct?

And those addicts are destroying themselves and their families. Maybe they are stealing to pay for drugs.
phyllo
ILP Legend

Postby Mr Reasonable » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:31 pm

Not everyone who smokes crack is addicted to it. And I'm not sure if they all steal. And I dunno about destroying families and all that. A lot of people think crack is more than what it is. In the 80s they did a marketing campaign that basically made everyone think that it's like the worst thing ever invented and that anyone who touches it will become a crack zombie. This is simply not true.

What about this....you got a dude who has to work crazy hours and so he needs a little crack sometimes to stay up late and do his job to take care of his family. So he comes to you and wants to spend like 100 a week on crack.

Then you tell him...dude...just take this big chunk of crack, and instead of spending 100 bucks a week, you can sell it, smoke what you want, and make 300 bucks a week on top of your regular paycheck.

Now this guy's sending his kid to college.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Wizard » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:41 pm

Philosophers and crack dealers. It's not mutually exclusive.
phyllo wrote:Before the internet, there were these things called books. There were special buildings full of them.

James S Saint wrote:It is the mostly blind builders struggling against the entirely blind destroyers in an effort to find the light.
"The light is here"
"No it isn't"
"The light is there"
"I don't see it"
"The light exists"
"No it doesn't"

... on and on ...
Wizard
Thinker

Postby phyllo » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:54 pm

Not everyone who smokes crack is addicted to it. And I'm not sure if they all steal.

What about this....you got a dude who has to work crazy hours and so he needs a little crack sometimes to stay up late and do his job to take care of his family. So he comes to you and wants to spend like 100 a week on crack.

Then you tell him...dude...just take this big chunk of crack, and instead of spending 100 bucks a week, you can sell it, smoke what you want, and make 300 bucks a week on top of your regular paycheck.

Now this guy's sending his kid to college.
You want to sugar-coat it, like it's just another business. No harm done. :wink:

Crack rates highly in the dependance category which is an indicator of addition.
phyllo
ILP Legend

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:26 am

Everytime something good happens in the world, something bad happens too.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby A Shieldmaiden » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:13 pm

How do you know that?
The man that walks his own road, walks alone

Old Norse Proverb
A Shieldmaiden
Philosopher

Postby phyllo » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:21 pm

Everytime something good happens in the world, something bad happens too.
The good and the bad are not equal and they do not affect the same number of people in the same way. Something can be very good for one person and very(or slightly) bad for many. There are lots of combinations and permutations.

Therefore, all actions must be evaluated.
phyllo
ILP Legend

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:09 pm

A Shieldmaiden wrote:

How do you know that?

Science.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby phyllo » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:16 pm

mr reasonable wrote:
A Shieldmaiden wrote:

How do you know that?

Science.

And you are a drug dealer. Inside information.
phyllo
ILP Legend

Next

Return to Meta