the mods here are too slow

A forum about the forums

Moderator: Carleas

the mods here are too slow

Postby UglyHarris » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:41 pm

I have been unable to actively engage in 3 separate arguments now, because my posts are delayed in being moderated. How long is it before I am able to enjoy discussing these things without such a huge delay to my responses? Are there a set number of posts I need to make?
It's pretty ridiculous.
UglyHarris

Re: the mods here are too slow

Postby Only_Humean » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:58 pm

UglyHarris wrote:I have been unable to actively engage in 3 separate arguments now, because my posts are delayed in being moderated. How long is it before I am able to enjoy discussing these things without such a huge delay to my responses? Are there a set number of posts I need to make?
It's pretty ridiculous.

I can only apologise for the delay in approval; while I believe I approved two of your posts over the weekend, the evidence shows otherwise. I'm not sure whether it's a website glitch or personal error.

As you've now had five posts approved, you can post without need of any further approvals.

Apologies again.

The biology of purpose keeps my nose above the surface.
- Brian Eno
Only_Humean
ILP Legend

Postby UglyHarris » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:34 pm

Thanks for clearing it up. I reread my first post and I am sorry to come across as having a hissy about it. I look forward to engaging people in discussion here.
UglyHarris

Postby Aussenseite » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:14 pm

I'm having the same issue. I would love to participate in discussions, but I haven't been able to post anything except for one post though I think I have written three additional. One introduction and several in the Society fora.

Does it sit in a queue with similar posts waiting for a moderator? It's just that discussions might pass me by while I wait to be approved.
Aussenseite

Postby Aussenseite » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:12 pm

I also think it would be nice to have access to those posts if they are still pending approval in case it takes 4-6 hours to approve them. That way if the conversation passes your posts before it gets posted, you can edit it or delete it. I've written about 5 posts and I can't see any of them in drafts or otherwise.
Aussenseite

Postby Aussenseite » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:30 pm

24+ hours and still no post approvals. That's pretty long, in my opinion. All of the threads I wanted to contribute to have moved on and my posts are not there.
Aussenseite

Postby Aussenseite » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:44 pm

*yawns and stretches as if from a long nap*

48 hours...
Aussenseite

Return to Meta