An already deleted thread for trolls

Some time ago, Stuart came to me with the claim that Mechanical Monster was Satyr. That I should beware of this, that Satyr was scheming or trying another style. I knew who MM was and I knew that he wanted to continue his experiment, so I suggested to Stuart that he may be wrong, and that he might try to honestly engage MM. The mere notion of honestly engaging him seemed to offend Stuart, and he must then have decided that I had become an enemy. He now started trolling me about Satyr in full force. I tried to be polite, as I was still foolishly believing that Stuart was in the process of learning something, that he wanted to learn. But in the end I had to disavow Satyr in no uncertain terms.

Later on, I was at KTS. Stuart had there made a thread about me, with the purpose of slandering me and telling lies. In this thread he denied that he had ever taken MM for Satyr, and called me a liar. I then threatened to publish his PM. As a response, Stuart accused me of betrayal of all different kinds. I felt compelled to show I was not lying, so I posted the PM. As a response, but immediately, Stuart published the whole PM history I had with him, which contained a grave insult at Satyrs address. It was obvious that he had been trying to fabricate a reason to reveal this insult, so that he could discredit me with Satyr and Lyssa, whose respect for me started to hurt his pride.

This action by Stuart did indeed take a bit of the fun out of my stay at KTS. But Stuart wasn’t finished. He is on a life-long smear-campaign, it seems, continuing spreading his lies and coming into my threads to talk to me about Satyr. I have tried to talk to him in his own thread, asking him to no longer address me with his doctrine specifically designed to make me aware of his and Satyrs existence and to try to discredit my person. But Stuart said he could do this, only on the condition that I would never talk about him, ever again. I think this is enough to show that he knows that what he is doing is fundamentally unclean, unethical, shameful.

I post this thread as a general warning against communicating with Stuart. I can not ask of ILP that he is dealt with, as I have forfeited my claims to the authorities here when I began ridiculing ILP last year and attacking the mods. It would also not serve any aims to ban Stuart. He will find his way back.

I only wish to warn people, that granting Stuart any trust is a very bad thing to do. He will violate this trust in disgusting ways, that is what I found, what Satyr found and what I have heard several other people say even before I had found it out myself.

Stuart can in a larger context also be seen as a warning against those that choose the internet for their publications. People like myself but also Satyr and Lyssa are people who spend lots of time producing texts. What we say is very different, but all of us put in the effort, and have the writing skills and background to make this exercise worthwhile for others as well.

This creativity has a price. It attracts those who are, as Stuart admits about himself, taking more than they give, which is not a bad thing, as this must be the result of people who give more than they take. But it is the way in which some people take. Stuart factually tries to punish people for bestowing on him their writing. He creeps on them with PMs and lies about them to others, makes their stay more unpleasant.

We can suppose all sorts of reasons, but they do not matter. The only thing that matters here is the fact that such trolls exist, and that to write philosophy on the internet is exposing oneself to such people. To anyone who knows he has something to offer, my counsel; when an obvious fool comes to you with a cry for help, do not be as foolish as I was, but ignore him completely. Any well meant word you say to him may be used to obstruct your generous work later on.

I suppose most writers have already acquired this wisdom. I am exceptionally good of trust, exceptionally naive in my presumption that people are worth my time. But I suspect that I am not the only one. It is hard, for a person who desires nothing more than to give, to imagine that there are those who resent this desire. If you want to learn about this type, examine the poster Stuart.

Note: I am no “victim” here. Stuart is a virus; I do not resent him - it is a matter of hygiene.

I know that not many here take internet philosophy as seriously as all that.

Stuart has acted dishonorably and should feel sorry, thanks for the warning.

He will and does feel sorry, but this is not the point… you’re welcome anyway.

Dude…never trust people from the internet.

Forgive my late sheepish arrival to this topic. However a trust lost is not necessarily for ever. It is possible to reclaim legitimacy, based on such oft neglected concept’s as : honest mistakes communication problems, rushes to judgement, certain purposeful or unintended self demolishing , problems some do not acknowledging or realizing such :as inability to empathize with people. As most faults lie here, on higher standards which historically crept in with critical reasoning, it is difficult to lower the bar of accountability, all of that hinging on method, procedure, and credence. Forgetting is a hell of a lot easier to deal with , than forgiveness.
(They tell me i would have made a good defender, had i not been forced to abandon forays into law)

I’d like to see if anyone cares enough about this issue to ask for my side.

Fixed goes to the Help & Suggestions subforum, and speaks as though he has authority, i.e. a moderator.

It’s clearly compensation.

Smears jumps on board, because he’s all for compensating insecurity.

As the moderators have a hard on for Smears, he’s allowed to push his agenda without retaliation.

He basically goes around indirectly suggesting what the mods ought do in a circumstance.

Smears trying to control his environment, to compensate for his feelings of inadequacy.

==

Stuart,

See that they’re crumbling in front of you, and stretching further to compensate for their descent.

Take no heart.

They’re cowards, and not worthy of causing offense - they have demonstrated that they ought not be respected time and time again.

You should take this moment to reflect on why their actions are flawed, and compare yourself to them. Perhaps you may find, you’re beyond them.

It seems obvious that you would defend yourself without having to be asked.

OTOH, you may feel that this thread is a rant which does not merit a response.

Either way, it’s up to you to decide and act.

Ben, you’re projecting again.

What inadequacy? What insecurity? What ajenda?

You’re cracking me up dude.

He is repeating all the words he has learned from Satyr.

His basic method consists of copy-pasting terms from Satyr to address people with who do him the courtesy of talking to him. In this way he thinks he will ascend in rank.

i still think this is a charade, and i did not suspect his ascension in rank would de compensate his file. It probably evens out, nevertheless, because the tension between the vertical and horizontal causes the levels to fill in the gaps. If not, the results could be grotesque.

I’ve already covered most of this in off topics threads.

At least I’ll mention the obvious here. By taking a look at the KTS thread in question:

knowthyself.forumotion.net/t1646-fixed-cross

Do a key word search there for ‘MM’ and ‘MechanicalMonster’ and see if I ever denied that I once believed he was Satyr.

Now we have Fixed encouraging Erik_ to post personal information about people.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=186363&start=150#p2489730

Why the hell are you guys passing personal information to strangers on the internet in the first place?

I want everyone in this thread to state their age, and education level right now.

I don’t understand why there is so much wasting of personal time going on in this kind of a silly thread.

Stuart,

I’ve enjoyed being in your threads posting with you. I’ve also enjoyed PMing back and forth with you and I never felt betrayed by you.

A thread like this can go on and on and on ad continuum and ad nauseum (is that the expression). Sometimes I think it’s best to just let it go and allow people to think and to feel exactly what they want to ~~ people are going to do that anyway ~~ it satisfies a delicious need in them. How we act in a given situation says more about us ourselves than anything anyone else can say, especially since much of it may be biased. Why not forget about it and just go on with the threads and the posting of what is important to one, to you. One might say: well, arc, what would you do ~~ would you do that? I think that at some point ~~ sooner than later ~~ we have to say, like the little gekko guy, my boyfriend :laughing: ~~ forgeeeeeeet about it and just move on. So much of what goes on in this place is pure B.S. and it does kind of interfere with the philsophy, doesn’t it?

As far as borrowing or taking the thoughts and words of others - well, gee, we’ve been doing that down the ages, haven’t we?
I wonder what great philosophical thought can be gleaned from these ridiculous threads which always start with someone’s name?

By the way, for anyone interested, Mechanical Monster is NOT Saytr. No way at all. lol I can attest to that but that is all I will say.
Even if you tried to beat it out of me, I wouldn’t say. :laughing:

Of course, I realize that no one may listen to me here but that’s okay here. ILP is just so much like a regular family. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you, Arcturus.

You are quite welcome, Stuart. Carry on. :mrgreen:

Either you are Satyr or you are Mechanical Monster. :-"