Reporting Death Threat

A forum about the forums

Moderator: Carleas

Re: Reporting Death Threat

Postby Pandora » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:12 pm

Phred wrote:Someone slipped me acid or lsd yesterday and fucked with me hardcore last night.

Phred the Phukhead wrote:No. I'm going to be fine. I'm a survivor; not a victim.

This should be addressed.

If you find yourself in an environment where people slip you acid without your knowledge or permission, then you're not in a safe environment. I don't care how benign or friendly they think they are being, or how you choose to slice this pie - these people do not respect you. You think you're a survivor? Somebody else thinks you're a door mat. And you, being an adult, I assume, are ultimately responsible for putting yourself and staying in this position. If that is what you want, to be an abuse survivor, then maybe you have some deeper issues to address, like guilt.
Do you, deep down, think you deserve this treatment?
If you took acid voluntarily and lied about it (for whatever reasons), then it raises a different question as to how to integrate acid tripping (or altered states of consciousness) into philosophical inquiry, and if it's even possible. (I'm assuming here that you were tripping while posting yesterday). I try to remain open minded but there is a point at which a dialogue becomes a monologue, a soliloquy. You are talking to yourself, your angels and demons, stuck in your parallel universes or wormholes, or whatever. You can put it in creative writing if you want, but don't confuse it with philosophy. Philosophy deals with the mind, specifically with rational mind. Otherwise, at best, it would be mysticism or religion.
Pandora
Philosopher

Postby Fixed Cross » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:47 pm

OP: I suppose death threats are considered religious expression. It's the same throughout the western world. And more an more I think that if you are going to allow these Mesopotamian, prescientific tribal religions to be expressed, death and war and stupidity is all you're going to get.

Phred wrote:Certainly our best bet of going into the future is growth and helping each other grow according to our individual strengths and weaknesses and how to make those compliment the whole of society. There is no need for all of this futile fighting and struggling once humanity as a whole overcomes its insecurities. This is all I have ever said, or tried to say.

What of the animal kingdom? I think we are no whole as a human race, we are only a whole including the whole ecosystem. We are not alone, humans don't matter that much.

What matters is valuing what is of value to you, and recognizing what is taking away from you. I believe that was also Pandora's larger point. You will harm people who might like you whenever you step in harms way.

I have pushed people to become better than what they were; some hated me for it; some were indifferent; a few even thanked me for it, in their own manner. The fact is still that neither one of us would be what we are without every other person in the world. Each of us is important; the butterfly effect and hidden connections are important; love is important.

You must also consider rocks, air, the sun, the moon, the waters - humans are only of slight influence to each other, compared to the influence they all receive from the elements.

No human can be free amidst only humans.

This reminds me of something a German farmer once said to me: first learn to love a plant, then an animal, then another human, then yourself.
In this way you will naturally find that in loving all these you have been loving yourself. To love is to self-respect.

We have all lowered our selves, which is why it becomes our responsibility; all of us; to help undo that and raise our selves back up. This is what I have been doing and what I have been urging others to do as much as possible. My impatience and anger in that regard must be until they no longer need to be and as I have said: it becomes only a matter of time at this point.

The other may feel the same way about you,
But you have time. In time, you will both know. Until then, you struggle. The world watches as you try to establish yourself. This is what life is.

Youth is thinking that others don't respect you. Maturity is knowing what respect is. All mature beings have embraced the struggle, their part of it, and - as that is shown in a mushroom-trip - the suffering becomes enduring and enduring becomes pleasurable. From the pleasure in being resisted, life is born. Some minds stay barren as their organisms can not get used to the burden that it is to exist without a known standard for goodness.

I say leave every beast in his wilderness. Find out which wildernesses overlap. I assure you my idea of dignity and yours are not the same, and yet we will have a lot to agree on. Let man be man - after all this is a growing process. There need to be many levels in operation at once. There need to be Bodhisattva's and beginners for there to be a process at all. The greatest Bodhisattva is the Sun. He teaches the basic rules, the ones we can not avoid knowing. His daughter, the Earth, and all the other offspring have many rules for us to learn and each rule is one of bliss.
Thunderbolt steers all things.
http://beforethelight.forumotion.com - Tree of Life Academy
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby James S Saint » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:58 pm

Fixed Cross wrote:This reminds me of something a German farmer once said to me: first learn to love a plant, then an animal, then another human, then yourself.
In this way you will naturally find that in loving all these you have been loving yourself. To love is to self-respect.

A smarter man than most "philosophers".
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
James S Saint
ILP Legend

Postby Ben JS » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:17 am

Pandora wrote:You are talking to yourself

I told him as much.

Didn't go over well.
Formerly known as: Joe Schmoe

ben wrote:I think it is eloquently fitting that my farewell thread should be so graciously hijacked by such blatant penis waving. It condenses my entire ILP experience into one very manageable metaphor.
Ben JS
Human Being

Postby Fixed Cross » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:54 pm

James S Saint wrote:
Fixed Cross wrote:This reminds me of something a German farmer once said to me: first learn to love a plant, then an animal, then another human, then yourself.

A smarter man than most "philosophers".

Indeed. This sort of basic wisdom does not seem to occur to the unfortunate city dweller.
Thunderbolt steers all things.
http://beforethelight.forumotion.com - Tree of Life Academy
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Ben JS » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:55 pm

I moved to the city to be close to that which I love.

Some are disgusted by man. But not I.

I'll take it all.

ben wrote:I think it is eloquently fitting that my farewell thread should be so graciously hijacked by such blatant penis waving. It condenses my entire ILP experience into one very manageable metaphor.
Ben JS
Human Being

Postby Ben JS » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:51 pm

Was Idioms' account banned?

If so, under what circumstances and at whose discretion?

-

You guys are correct - I did manipulate Idioms.

But only to show him the sickness within.

I have no ill will towards Idioms. He's a good guy.

-

Unfortunately, my plan was foiled by how others handled the situation.

'Dorry worry, Idioms. It's cool to make death threats. This guy's a dick.'

Ben JS
Human Being

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:57 pm

It wasn't a real death threat you big dummy. Stop being an attention whore.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby Ben JS » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:32 pm

'Dorry worry, Idioms. It's cool to make death threats. This guy's a dick.'

mr reasonable wrote: :text-+1:

=

I refer back to my questions which haven't been answered.

Ben JS
Human Being

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:38 pm

Look man, the guy lacks the capacity to carry out what he spoke. That means that no threat exists.

Your victim complex is hilarious. One minute, you're admitting to "manipulating him" then the next minute you want to be his victim.

You are emotionally confused, and as you get older and become more mature, eventually you will either be ashamed of what you're doing in this thread, or you'll remain in your current state of dissonance forever.

The End.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby iambiguous » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:26 pm

mr reasonable wrote:Look man, the guy lacks the capacity to carry out what he spoke. That means that no threat exists.

Your victim complex is hilarious. One minute, you're admitting to "manipulating him" then the next minute you want to be his victim.

You are emotionally confused, and as you get older and become more mature, eventually you will either be ashamed of what you're doing in this thread, or you'll remain in your current state of dissonance forever.

The End.

You don't know this. Indeed, what do any of us really know about the folks we exchange posts with here?

Instead, idiotic makes a death threat to someone you don't particularly like and so you rationalize away the importance of taking it seriously.

Simple?

Though, admittedly, it is only my own personal opinion.
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:28 pm

Iambig, you may be the first person who's ever made me want to check out how the ignore feature works.

I get it. You think that everything is a matter of opinion, and that unless it's your opinion, that it's some kind of rationalization stemming from some emotional state or some point of view. You don't have to keep popping up in every thread to reiterate this point.

If you paid attention, you'd know that I think both of them are idiots. Why wouldn't I just as equally go the other direction and take the other guy's side? Because it's not a rationalization based on an emotional state or point of view. It's factual that the credibility of this threat was such that it couldn't be taken seriously. Now I know...I know....you don't like facts. But that doesn't change them. Wishing the world away with your eyes closed is just fine. And if you keep them closed then you can live in a world that you make up for yourself. But reality is just on the other side of your eyelids dude.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby iambiguous » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:44 pm

mr reasonable wrote: Iambig, you may be the first person who's ever made me want to check out how the ignore feature works.

Yes, that is certainly one way to avoid responding more substantively to the points I raise. And simple too.

mr reasonable wrote:I get it. You think that everything is a matter of opinion, and that unless it's your opinion, that it's some kind of rationalization stemming from some emotional state or some point of view. You don't have to keep popping up in every thread to reiterate this point.

How is this an intelligent rebuttal to the point I made above? Do any of us really know what other posters here are capable of when they threaten to kill us? Should not all such threats be taken at least somewhat seriously? Is there not a link between your own personal reaction to Ben here and your reaction to someone that threatens to kill him?

And you know full well that my point regarding identity, value judgments and political economy [the relationship between them "out in the world"] does not revolve around the assumption that "everything is just a matter of opinion".

Over and over again I have made this abundantly clear when making the distinction between a description of stock speculation and a moral defense of it. Between a description of an abortion and a moral judgment regarding it.
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby phyllo » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:50 pm

Look man, the guy lacks the capacity to carry out what he spoke. That means that no threat exists.
That's irrelevant. There is a proper way to conduct oneself on a discussion forum and it does not involve death threats.
phyllo
ILP Legend

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:08 pm

Phylo, please note the part where I said both people involved in this are idiots.

Ben isn't innocent. His posts are there for you to read.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby phyllo » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:11 pm

Phylo, please note the part where I said both people involved in this are idiots.
I'm well aware of this fact.
phyllo
ILP Legend

Postby Ben JS » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:43 pm

So,

What's the status on Idioms?

Ben wrote:Was Idioms' account banned?

If so, under what circumstances and at whose discretion?

Ben JS
Human Being

Postby Arcturus Descending » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:03 pm

maelstrom_by_falindriel-d4u4ldk.jpg
maelstrom_by_falindriel-d4u4ldk.jpg (42.33 KiB) Viewed 1852 times

I dont' understand why this thread has still not been locked!!!!
What is the healthiest thing to do in the case of an infectious disease?
Declare a quarantine.
This thread is like an infectious disease - time to kill it off.
Joseph Joubert ~~

It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

“We love repose of mind so well, that we are arrested by anything which has even the appearance of truth; and so we fall asleep on clouds.”

You have to be like the pebble in the stream, keeping the grain and rolling along without being dissolved or dissolving anything else.
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby Lys » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:54 pm

ErIk sends me death threats and blackmail letters. Some Mod. please warn him not to engage with me and not to use this forum to make threats at other members. I only come here to engage in philosophy and don't wish to be the cause of turning this place into useless chatter.

He's very unstable and has raped a girl before knocking her off with sleeping pills. And just sent Satyr too a blackmail letter here after intruding into Satyr's FB account.

I hope whatever's needful will be done.

FYI.
Lys
Thinker

Postby Ben JS » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:56 pm

Sorry, dumb question.

Talk to me, Lys.

Ben JS
Human Being

Postby Lys » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:08 pm

Ben JS wrote:Sorry, dumb question.

Talk to me, Lys.

Not now Ben. The one you should be talking to is not me, but him. He's an unstable liar and weak coward.

Check Maimonides out on www.anarchistnihilism.forumotion.com/

piece of mongrel trash.
Lys
Thinker

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:10 pm

Lys wrote:ErIk sends me death threats and blackmail letters. Some Mod. please warn him not to engage with me and not to use this forum to make threats at other members. I only come here to engage in philosophy and don't wish to be the cause of turning this place into useless chatter.

He's very unstable and has raped a girl before knocking her off with sleeping pills. And just sent Satyr too a blackmail letter here after intruding into Satyr's FB account.

FYI.

Don't be a drama queen crybaby. Just block him dummy.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby iambiguous » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:35 pm

mr reasonable wrote:
Lys wrote:ErIk sends me death threats and blackmail letters. Some Mod. please warn him not to engage with me and not to use this forum to make threats at other members. I only come here to engage in philosophy and don't wish to be the cause of turning this place into useless chatter.

FYI.

Don't be a drama queen crybaby. Just block him dummy.

Lys,

mr reasonable takes death threats rather lightly. In other words, you must be on his shit list. 8)

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:46 pm

You mean a guy saying he's gonna kill someone over the internet?

Or an actual threat of death? As in, there's an actual threat?

Which one are you talking about?

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Previous

Return to Meta