Arc.

No, its not. They just have a safe anonymous outlet for that part of them. You too have a vulgar part wether you show it or not. You choose to inhibit it and expect all to inhibit theirs because of your sense of decorum.
I learned long ago that words are only weapons if you allow them to pierce your mind. They are just harmless farts in the wind otherwise.

Kris,

What do you mean by vulgar part? And, how is it pertinent with all this?
I do not feel any need to be vulgar, even if desire to hit anyone. That can be done remaning in the limits.

Secondly, your concept of safe outlet is wrong. words are not ineffective but influence people.
Life is all about control and discerning between good and bad. And, sooner ot later, repeated acts are converted into habit.

If a person is using indecent language 2-3 hours a day on the net, one day he will use that in his real life also. and, that will happen without any realization also.
Secondly, it creates an overall bad enviornment that affects all, even those, who are not habitual of that language.
Why should all suffer for giving one or some the safe passage?

with love,
sanjay

We cannot agree. I do not agree that words should have such power. The human should be more astute and independent. I would rather humans become immune to words. You however wish the control and prefer to keep it or so it seems. If words had less control over emotions then how much hate and fighting will remain? A child finds that saying a word gives it attention, good or bad, that child will use that word for the attention. A child will crave any attention good or bad. Giving words such power directs a person to continue. Ignore the bad praise the good and you direct the child. Of course this does not work for all. But, it does work and works for adults. When you become offended or emotional about words you give control to the word smith.

Kris,

If words have literally so inefftive on adults, why tobacco and liqior companies are not allowed to advertise via public discourse?
And, why people are warned or even banned even a imaginary world like ILP?
And, if you remember, you also had problem with some of the posts in the past?
The only difference between you and me was the degree of liberty.
Should i dig out those posts of your again?

Our enviornment necessarily affets us. There is no escape.Sometimes it may look that we are aware of this and would not fall in the trap but things use to permeate into our subconscious without realization. Yes, the quantity of the impact may differ in different cases, and that depends on the state of previous mindset of any individual.

That is why it is rightly said that one should keep good company and one can be judged by his company, while going by your perception that seems to be wrong.

with love,
sanjay

Oh please do dig out my posts but, dig out the WHOLE conversation do not attempt to take it out of context. Do not leave out one iota of the entire discussion. Sure I play the game but, never not once have I been angry or hurt. Amused, hell yes. Because predictable people amuse. And hopefully they change, but rarely. So do so but only with the entire conversation, not just mine.

No, i would not. I well understnd the importance of the context.

I did not claimed that either.

It looks to me that you are playing one here with me also.

with love,
sanjay

hahaha, you knew. :slight_smile:

Sanjay, you already took my words out of context. The playing games was out of context. You chose only to comment on that fraction. Plu the other fragments.

Fuckin’ oath!

We’re also a nation of thinly guised racists - a charming combination

:laughing: My, how this tread called Arc has evolved.

Fitting :slight_smile:

:laughing: Don’t put me on the pedestal yet, Kris. I have miles and miles and miles and miles to go and then by then surely do not put me on a pedestal.
But as per this thread, begs the question - does Arc. like the way in which she is evolving?lol

Bumpity bump

Question for zinnat:

If somebody joins ILP, and he’s from a distant culture in which bunnies are offensive, should ILP ban the posting of bunnies for his sake?

What about hares?

That’s pushing the limits. I’ll let you off with a warning, since it’s a grey area.

Ahh, such a Fudd

Unless it’s a brown hare… then it’s a brown area… and I’m not touching that.

I was thinking grey hare…

let’s not split hares

Since I get a notification every time a post is made in this forum, I’m locking this thread to get you guys out of my hare. Hop over to off-topic.