How will I know if my topic has been declined approval or...

not approved yet?

Will I get a pm saying whether my topic was approved?

You should be notified when the post is approved. Once five posts have been approved, it’s no longer necessary to wait.

Huh?

Has there been a change in policy?

Always remember that on ILP its moderators are deities. They act like some anyways.

Not that I know - why?

Review is limited to 1) determining is someone is a spam bot or otherwise using ILP to peddle something other than the ideas contained in their posts, and 2) determining if the post would earn a warning. Both will get a post denied.

I sometimes approve posts without notifying the poster. The most common reasons are that I’m approving a lot of posts by the same individual, or the post reads like a trolling drive-by that isn’t quite warn-worthy.

Nothingdiet, if you click “view your posts” in the menu bar, you should be able to see your posts. If a post is there, it’s either approved or still awaiting review. A pending post will have a label on it that says it’s pending.

They feel like deities. It as if they are always there watching. But I have experienced nothing that leads me to believe they are anything other than benign.

Look, Tyler, these people are volunteering their time to keep the discourses clean and reasonably respectful. I’m not sure if you ever experienced the MySpace and Yahoo boards. But if you had, you would respect what they’re doing a lot more than you do. They are why this board has survived when the MySpace boards basically got destroyed by trolls. And I haven’t cared to check into how the Yahoo boards are doing. The last time I did, they felt like a wasteland. But if you want a freeforall, you can go to Know Thyself:

knowthyself.forumotion.net/register

There, Knowing Thyself consists of acting like a rabid mange ridden dog occupying an abandon village. If that’s what you think philosophy should be, just click on the link. There are no deities there.

Tyler probably thinks that a boxing ref is just some asshole who’s trying to slow down the war.