How will I know if my topic has been declined approval or...

A forum about the forums

Moderator: Carleas

How will I know if my topic has been declined approval or...

Postby nothingdiet » Sat May 24, 2014 10:59 pm

not approved yet?

Will I get a pm saying whether my topic was approved?
nothingdiet

Re: How will I know if my topic has been declined approval o

Postby Only_Humean » Sun May 25, 2014 8:15 pm

nothingdiet wrote:not approved yet?

Will I get a pm saying whether my topic was approved?

You should be notified when the post is approved. Once five posts have been approved, it's no longer necessary to wait.

The biology of purpose keeps my nose above the surface.
- Brian Eno
Only_Humean
ILP Legend

Postby d63 » Sun May 25, 2014 10:19 pm

Huh?

Has there been a change in policy?
Humble yourself or the world will do it for you -it was either Russell or Whitehead. I can't remember which.

When I was young, I use to think the world was a messed up place so i was pissed off a lot. But now that I'm older, I know it is. So I just don't worry about it. -John Lydon (AKA Johnny Rotten).

Anarchy through Capitalism -on a flyer thrown out during a Kottonmouth Kings concert.

First we read, then we write. -Emerson.

All poets are damned. But they are not blind. They see with the eyes of angels. -William Carlos Williams: in the introduction to Ginsberg's Howl.

You gotta love that moment when the work is done and all that is left to do is drink your beer and sip your jager and enjoy what you've done. It's why I do and love it.

I refuse to be taken seriously.

Once again: take care of your process and others will take care of theirs. No one needs a guru. Just someone to jam with.

:me
d63
ILP Legend

Postby LaughingMan » Mon May 26, 2014 8:40 am

Always remember that on ILP its moderators are deities. They act like some anyways.
Coming Out Live Streaming Online From The Global Gulag, Asylum, Police State, And Oligarchical Plantation Near You.

LaughingMan
Cynical Asshole

Postby Only_Humean » Mon May 26, 2014 9:49 am

d63 wrote:Huh?

Has there been a change in policy?

Not that I know - why?

The biology of purpose keeps my nose above the surface.
- Brian Eno
Only_Humean
ILP Legend

Postby Carleas » Fri May 30, 2014 10:10 pm

Review is limited to 1) determining is someone is a spam bot or otherwise using ILP to peddle something other than the ideas contained in their posts, and 2) determining if the post would earn a warning. Both will get a post denied.

I sometimes approve posts without notifying the poster. The most common reasons are that I'm approving a lot of posts by the same individual, or the post reads like a trolling drive-by that isn't quite warn-worthy.

Nothingdiet, if you click "view your posts" in the menu bar, you should be able to see your posts. If a post is there, it's either approved or still awaiting review. A pending post will have a label on it that says it's pending.
User Control Panel > Board preference > Edit display options > Display signatures: No.
Carleas
Magister Ludi

Postby d63 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:38 am

Tyler Durden wrote:Always remember that on ILP its moderators are deities. They act like some anyways.

They feel like deities. It as if they are always there watching. But I have experienced nothing that leads me to believe they are anything other than benign.

Look, Tyler, these people are volunteering their time to keep the discourses clean and reasonably respectful. I'm not sure if you ever experienced the MySpace and Yahoo boards. But if you had, you would respect what they're doing a lot more than you do. They are why this board has survived when the MySpace boards basically got destroyed by trolls. And I haven't cared to check into how the Yahoo boards are doing. The last time I did, they felt like a wasteland. But if you want a freeforall, you can go to Know Thyself:

http://knowthyself.forumotion.net/register

There, Knowing Thyself consists of acting like a rabid mange ridden dog occupying an abandon village. If that's what you think philosophy should be, just click on the link. There are no deities there.
Humble yourself or the world will do it for you -it was either Russell or Whitehead. I can't remember which.

When I was young, I use to think the world was a messed up place so i was pissed off a lot. But now that I'm older, I know it is. So I just don't worry about it. -John Lydon (AKA Johnny Rotten).

Anarchy through Capitalism -on a flyer thrown out during a Kottonmouth Kings concert.

First we read, then we write. -Emerson.

All poets are damned. But they are not blind. They see with the eyes of angels. -William Carlos Williams: in the introduction to Ginsberg's Howl.

You gotta love that moment when the work is done and all that is left to do is drink your beer and sip your jager and enjoy what you've done. It's why I do and love it.

I refuse to be taken seriously.

Once again: take care of your process and others will take care of theirs. No one needs a guru. Just someone to jam with.

:me
d63
ILP Legend

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:10 am

Tyler probably thinks that a boxing ref is just some asshole who's trying to slow down the war.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Return to Meta