Vote for New Religion Mod

This is a thread to vote for the new moderator of the the religion forum. As explained in the nomination thread, we’re going to use approval voting. That means that you should vote for as many or as few of the nominees as you would approve of as moderator. The nominee with the most approval votes will become the moderator. Also explained in nomination thread, voting will be public: post votes in the this thread. Finally, voting will be subject to a few restrictions:

• No one who joins the forum after [the nomination thread was] made will be eligible to vote.
  • No one with fewer than 50 posts will be able to vote.
  • Sock-puppets will have all their votes voided.

Also, just to make clear: this isn’t a popularity contest. Someone whose posts you like may make a lousy moderator, and someone who you you can’t stand discussing with may make a great moderator. Think about about what it is to be a moderator, about what it takes to be a moderator, and about whether someone would enforce the loose sense of board decorum you want enforced on ILP, and vote for everyone whose moderating you suspect will match your idea of how ILP should be moderated. Moderator positions are currently appointments-during-good-behavior, i.e. the person that is elected could be moderator for a very long time.

The nominees are:
Dan~
James S Saint
mr reasonable
PavlovianModel146

Voting will be open for one week, until 17:00 UTC on 5/03.

I would like to vote for Dan~ and James S saint.`

with love,
sanjay

Dan

Kropotkin

pavlovian model
dan

Myself, although if I weren’t in the race I’d be torn on the others because they are all so suitable.

I vote for Dan.

I vote for James.

I vote James

Dan

James

Mr. R.

Dan

Pav

Dan
Pav

I think Dan is the only one open with having religious belief (james might, i dont know). Think Dan is into magic, but the section is completely devoid of any serious discussions by people with belief, so I guess Im okay with Dan moderating the Fuck Religion/ Yeah Magic subforum… it is what it is.

Vote for Dan, am and still advocating Christians to keep away from it, as its a land without reason, and only the inane post there with the sole intention of dropping a load.

I also cast a vote to just scrap the whole section… clearly pointless and out of control.

Vote:
Dan if section is kept,
Vote Annihilation of section preferred… lets be honest, the crowd attracted to posting on this site in general are too low brow and senselessly radical to hold responsible or realistic theological debates, has there ever been a decent, or.even moderate skilled theologian posting? No… no self respecting thinker would bother with that cesspool… just look at the posts there, and compare it with any large Catholic, Buddhist, Islamic, or Vedanta site… they dont look anything like here. They have quality attempts and sincere responses.

But I look forward to Dan’s future magic thread. I did vote for him after all.

religiousforums.com/forum/

I joined this site a few days ago. I’m not trying to advertise it I am just showing the url as an example.
There, they separate the debate area with the discussion area. So there is one place for people criticising, then another for learning and non critical discussion.

I’ve only been to one site which was 100% focused on buddhism and its various sub groups. (sadly the site eventually died)
I’ve not been to something like a catholic site yet.

I don’t know what kind of bastard would even want to subject Dan to moderatorship on ILP.

I’ve been to 2 Christian sites. Many people couldn’t comprehend simple things like burden of proof and what atheism actually is (some still argue that you need faith in order to be an atheist #-o ). Some people even try to prove the Noah’s ark story.

So yeah, I’ll take this and other philosophy sites rather than the biased, crazy, fanatical religious ones which only care about promoting their own religion and affirming beliefs they already possess.

I think people can still reject it if they don’t want.

Can I vote even if I didn’t nominate? If so, I vote for Dan and James S Saint.

Well, given my view that objectivists should be far removed from moderating discussions of conflicting value judgments: not James.

Mr reasonable, sure. Or Dan. Or Pav.

given the, how shall we say, passion, of the religious, I would
actually think an atheist would be the best person for the job because
an atheist would not care about the flame wars and actually decide on
the quality of discussion, not on what is discussed.

Kropotkin

You say “atheist”, but do you know any atheist?

I have never got to know an atheist.

Amongst them who call themselves “atheists” is no atheist because they all are theists.