Vote for New Religion Mod

I’ll vote for Pav, Dan~, and James

I vote for MechanicalMonster.

You weren’t nominated, silly!

There’s no reason to warn one against taking responsibility. Either one has already learned these things by experience, will eventually learn these things by experience, or will end up having lived generally an innocuous life.

Then I nominate myself and subsequently vote for myself.

I think that like other democratic elections, the nominees should also campain for themselves, or not!

with love,
sanjay

Clearly I would be the best mod for the room. If you disagree then obviously you’re ignorant of the facts, and also stupid, and probably ugly, and since only stupid ugly people are holocaust deniers you’re probably one of those too, statistically speaking.

My opinions are always impartial and always right, I’ll make sure everyone stays on topic and treats others with respect, or else! And I’ll make room for truthful discussions by promoting a politically-correct, hyper-sensitive climate where all feel welcome, where only individual words and the most blatant insults are prohibited. I certainly won’t try to moderate the poster’s intentions! Tolerance! And if you disagree then you’re out the door.

But I will be benevolent with my great power and allow others to publically apologize after they’ve been properly publically humiliated, thus ensuring a high quality of dialogue. I will only use my powers for good and truth, which means no heated discussions of personal beliefs, and no telling someone else they are wrong unless you do it with a smilie emoticon! Let’s remember the first rule of philosophy is to always respect each other. Hurt my feelings, I’ll hurt you back! I got your backs, philosophy-peeps.

Vote for me. Bam. Like any good mod I have both a super awesome level of intelligence and also I’m extremely humble. Necessary traits for any online parents-basement-touring rock star.

Yep, I’ll sit back and let the votes pour in. So where all them groupies at?

I vote for James S. Saint

I think Dan is a little more prepared for this, he requested from me a short bio on the catholic concept of vices and virtues, which is directly descended from the Stoic system. I dont think all religions should be decided from the christian matrix, but its a obvious pragmatic start for someone trying to figure out the mechanics of moderating a religious forum… knowing the sense of right and wrong and perceived wrong doing in each religion…

And Pav, your full of shit as ever… you know damn well Magj was fucking up and sat in solidarity with her for the sole sake of moderator solidarity over anyone with grievances… but in fairness to you, you didnt actually pull the stunts she did in modifying posts and playing mind games, you just blindly supported her… so you fall in the category of mere SOB that could change his ways if he cared to, but likely wont as being a ass isnt that big of a deal for him. Guys who kick over garbage cans in alleys and dont pick them up even when asked fall into that category for me. I dont think such guys should go to jail, but they do eventually get it in the end.

wever… its my hope elections cause introspection and accountability… I think if you were more so you would of been a good mod, and may make a good one someday again.

I like Dan’s seperation of serious from normal threads. I would recommend instead have a section dedicated to pure theory where people wouldnt be able to criticize ideas offensively (criticism purely academic), and a normal section for proselytizing, mayhem, and your basic “Your God is Stupid” responses that have been the norm since… forever.

I really dont want to start a serious thread on say, Marsilius of Padua’s concept of political peace and have some gnostic or nietzschean rush in blasting Jesus, or the inverse, a Christian vomiting over a discussion of a gnostic text, or say, Thus Spoke Zarasustra… but its only natural that people will want to preach on such topics, or denounce them on whatever wise or flippant basis… they go hand in hand in the latter… you shouldnt preach or denounce without the consequence of a deeply felt response.

So in one case, I can discuss Cynic themes in Milarepa’s writings without a Hindu blastic Tibetian Buddhism as bootleg, but if I said in the other section ‘The Truth of the Eight Fold Path’… it be fair game for deeply impassioned responses.

I like Unic-Sore’s moderating policy in the Social Science area, though it would suppress certain historical methods of rebuking politics by Cynics during the Alexandrian and Roman times (they usually died for it too), as well as medieval court jestures using political satire… which Voltaire inherited BOTH systems, and could be quite disruptive… I think he would be banned… but given we dont have any serious discussions in that section, its a mute point and so his policy of merely keeping the peace is enlightened.

Abstract never had a moderating issue I am aware of. I never heard of complaints, and could find no fault.

Different sections, and subsections of the site should be moderated differently… so I think flexibility is wise, and each mod presenting a basic policy smart.

I just hope as time goes by, more mods are elected, the good old boy system dies off, and everything de-escalates. Its why I returned, the new atmosphere of perestroika.

I appreciate the compliments, it’s good to know that I am no less full of shit than I was previously. In any event, perhaps I was too subtle, but I basically acknowledged that MagsJ did not always make the best decision in every single instance, nor did I, nor would anyone.

It’s also true that being an ass isn’t a huge deal for me. Honestly, I just kind of thought it would be cool to Mod again so I’d have a responsibility to come here more often. Besides, Philosophy might re-expand my horizons, I think I’ve actually narrowed my interests as I have gotten older, and I’m pretty sure that is supposed to be the other way around.

I have to say I disagree with your last comparison, but maybe that’s the way I’ve come off in the course and scope of my Moderation, I don’t know. I tend to float between being unexpectedly kind to people and just trying to not to disturb anyone, in-person, which varies depending on my mood. Sometimes I think we should be kind to one another, and other times I think we’d all be better off leaving one another the fuck alone, unless you know someone personally, of course.

In any case, thanks for the comment basically stating that you believe I have the potential to be a good Mod, I suppose one can’t always ask for much more than that.

The volatility that used to constantly spill over from the formal sections has all but ceased since the reshuffling, renaming and redefining of the forums was implemented (but I still prefer ‘Digressions’ to ‘Off Topic’ Carleas) :stuck_out_tongue: but I think they can be redefined further for better clarity… for newcomers especially.

Welcome back CN… fleeting or otherwise…

Your veiled threat taken and returned Magsj, welcome to the beginnings of the Concilarism Movement here on this site, where the philosophers, and not mad moderators drunk on power, control their ideas. You will likely find great irony in how you ended that last post some day. Its all a matter of perspective in the end.

I actually meant fleeting as in whether you choose to stick around or not, but no matter…

I couldn’t agree more, and again… welcome back.

These are the results as I read them. Double check that I recorded your votes properly, although I don’t think the result is likely to change.
ILP poll results.PNG

Wiw. It’s moderation time.
I’ll need a bit of advice to star me off though.
Once I learn it I probably wont forget.

Do not hesitate to intervene even for a moment when you think that it is necessary.
The ultimate purpose of the Moderation is to maintain order, not being popular.

with love,
sanjay

Btw, I would like to thank all of those who voted for me. I wasn’t even expecting to be nominated, much less voted for. I have avoided being a politician simply for sake of freedom to be honest. So thank you each very much.

I think all of the nominees were qualified enough. Dan is obviously easy to get along with (for those who make any effort at all anyway). So contrats Dan and god luck… emm… “good luck”. :wink:

Congratulations to Dan!

I’d also like to thank everyone who voted for me, especially given that I haven’t been on the Forum much over the past year. It seems that there were always some mixed opinions of how I performed as Moderator of Social Sciences, so being in a tie for second in the voting is somewhat gratifying.

The correct person definitely won, though, there is no question Dan is better for this post than I could even hope to be.

I’d like to vote for myself and AK Jesus.

Edit Too bad the voting process is over. Me and AK- Jesus would of been a great hit in the religious section.

Jesus uses a 5.56.