Thank you Felix/New Moderator Election

A forum about the forums

Moderator: Carleas

Re: Thank you Felix/New Moderator Election

Postby phyllo » Sat May 03, 2014 1:07 pm

And once you arrive at the result are you going to further vet the candidate for how they have posted on your website? Perhaps checking for style in how they are able to stick to the pertinence of the topic, or how often they have imparted less then philosophical rigor in their remarks, or will it be example of a popularity contest?
Logically, Carleas should have disqualified an unsuitable candidate before the voting began.
It would not look good for him to reject the winner.
phyllo
ILP Legend

Postby James S Saint » Sat May 03, 2014 1:39 pm

Mowk wrote:And once you arrive at the result are you going to further vet the candidate for how they have posted on your website? Perhaps checking for style in how they are able to stick to the pertinence of the topic, or how often they have imparted less then philosophical rigor in their remarks, or will it be example of a popularity contest?

Such subtle assessments are beyond the scope of the people here.
Carleas' approval voting decision was probably the best available choice he could have made under the circumstances.
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
James S Saint
ILP Legend

Postby Carleas » Mon May 05, 2014 4:47 am

I toyed with vetting, and I'm glad it didn't ultimately come up (all the nominees were good candidates). The inclusion of a few guidelines about who could be nominated and who could vote were cludges to get at a similar idea, and I don't think I would have vetoed anyone who could make it through them.

I agree with Phyllo, it would not have looked good to reject the winner. When resorting to a democratic process, it is often the case that the validity of the process is more important than the outcome.
User Control Panel > Board preference > Edit display options > Display signatures: No.
Carleas
Magister Ludi

Postby Mowk » Mon May 05, 2014 5:56 am

In some respects I believe it would have not looked bad "on him" at all. That and this, is opinion, Dan is ok; the least 'offensive' of the lot, and it's the religion forum after all. Of coarse, I reserve the imperative to change this opinion as the choice plays out.
my goal in life is to die and no one notices.
in other words; to live as audaciously as possible while drawing the least attention. or at best, something vaguely similar.
Mowk
Thinker

Postby PavlovianModel146 » Wed May 07, 2014 6:22 am

I'm not the least offensive? I actually take a strange little bit of pride in that...lol
"Love is the gravity of the Soul" - Abstract -/-/1988 - 3/11/2013 R.I.P

PavlovianModel146
Ringing The Bell

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu May 08, 2014 4:32 am

Mowk wrote:In some respects I believe it would have not looked bad "on him" at all. That and this, is opinion, Dan is ok; the least 'offensive' of the lot, and it's the religion forum after all. Of coarse, I reserve the imperative to change this opinion as the choice plays out.

Where did I rank on the offensive list?
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby barbarianhorde » Thu May 08, 2014 4:28 pm

Pavlovianmodel why are you not offensive? You definitely offended me with your remarks about my post. Did you see the depression I got into because of it? It was a short but intense depression and it was your fault.

I am being mild with your ranking.
It is true that liberty is precious; so precious that it must be carefully rationed.
~ Владимир Ильич Ульянов Ленин

THE HORNED ONE
barbarianhorde
Thinker

Postby Arcturus Descending » Sat May 10, 2014 3:55 pm

Golden Moments.jpg
Golden Moments.jpg (47.79 KiB) Viewed 1328 times

Congratulations, Dan. I wish you many golden moments.
Joseph Joubert ~~

It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

“We love repose of mind so well, that we are arrested by anything which has even the appearance of truth; and so we fall asleep on clouds.”

You have to be like the pebble in the stream, keeping the grain and rolling along without being dissolved or dissolving anything else.
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Previous

Return to Meta