New Computer

My husband gave me a new computer as an anniversary gift. It’ll go in to be loaded tomorrow. How do we ensure that this site will be retained if all the cookies are deleted? Will I have to re-register, get a new password, etc.?

The cookies contain nothing of value, you won’t have any problems whatsoever.

Your password will continue to work. If you are currently logging in automatically, that won’t carry over, but you only have to check the box that says something like “keep me logged in”, and log in normally.

If you’ve forgotten your password, there’s a link for that on the login page as well.

Thank you. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

lizbeth, don’t listen to them, they’re trying to trick you! If you delete the cookies this site will absolutely not be retained! The entire site data will be lost! You have to download your cookies onto your new computer or else ILP will be gone forever lizbeth, please don’t delete your cookies!

What the hell are you talking about???

The cookies are downloaded automatically when you come to the site. And the cookies are NOT what keeps your URL site location. There are a variety of ways to keep your list of “Bookmarks”. Your password and registration info are kept on the Server. And everything else is minor options, such as “auto-login” or “last read post”.

Don’t listen to James, he’s just another one trying to trick you. If you delete enough cookies, you’ll destroy the entire internet! Apart from cats, the internet is almost entirely made of cookies.

I’m just kidding btw, didn’t think James of all people would be the one to think that I was being serious…

:icon-rolleyes:

Try to realize many people really believed that their children were in danger of getting a computer virus.
…just like you believe in a Big Bang. :-"

Just like you believe a bunch of nonsense you just make up about physics. :-"
(Which wouldn’t be so bad if you actually properly studied the stuff)

…from the perspective of one who knows so very little. Ignorance has a way of convincing people that it is the other people who are ignorant. Your “they say” provides extremely little evidence of knowing anything.

How wise. This is boring and it was a bit childish of you to start slinging mud about what you think about the big bang in a thread that has nothing to do with the big bang (or to be slinging mud about the big bang at all, as if it’s something to sling mud about). You’re too old to be acting like this.

And you are to naive to be saying things like that.
Take note that you started this off topic ranting.
And no doubt, if I had said “you’re too old…” to anyone on your forum, you very probably would have immediately given me an official warning, despite how many insulting things your friends may have said to me for 20 prior pages.

But now, I’ll let you have the last off topic word. Go for it.

It’s maybe useful in the help forum to offer help rather than humour, especially when dressed in green. :slight_smile:

Yes, but those in green on St. Patrick’s day are generally known for helping themselves!

And with that, this help question has been resolved. Locked.