friends and foes

A forum about the forums

Moderator: Carleas

friends and foes

Postby Mr Reasonable » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:25 am

Is there a way for me to just make everyone a foe, so that I can type without having to see their responses?

That would be great.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: friends and foes

Postby Moreno » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:43 am

mr reasonable wrote:Is there a way for me to just make everyone a foe, so that I can type without having to see their responses?

That would be great.
You can not make moderators foes. So it would be you and the moderators. But otherwise yes.
Moreno
ILP Legend

Postby Mr Reasonable » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:43 am

I mean do I have to individually do it, or can I just ignore everyone? I don't even know how that option works. This would be my first attempt, and I'd like to go all out and when I log into ILP just see my own posts and that's it.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Moreno » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:01 am

You have to do it.'
Go to user Control panel - just under Board Index up to the left.

The click on friends and foes

and then follow the instructions. You can do many people at once, but each one on its own line. To get everyone will take a bit of work.
Moreno
ILP Legend

Postby Mr Reasonable » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:03 am

I hate work.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Moreno » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:22 am

mr reasonable wrote:I hate work.

Live with that.
Moreno
ILP Legend

Postby Mr Reasonable » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:48 am

Shit.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Moreno » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:49 am

mr reasonable wrote:Shit.
You could do a couple of names a day. Baby steps. I mean if you do twenty names, it will be mostly blank here.
Moreno
ILP Legend

Postby Mr Reasonable » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:52 am

I'll work on it. Or I might try and get someone to just do it for me.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Mr Reasonable » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:52 am

I just feel like I'd be better off it I listened less....ya know?

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby James S Saint » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:14 pm

Carleas, if even you are still reading any of this;

I have to ask why that even though you don't personally exercise biased and bigoted judgment, you hire moderators that do. Your site over the past years has been ruined by these mods lacking any sense of balance judgment and thus abuse their authority. The few mods that don't cannot make up for even one of the now several biased and bigoted mods. This site now only appeals to trolls and bigots who know nothing nor want to know anything about philosophy. They just want to exercise their particular brand of hatred, mods included.

Why do you want that?
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
James S Saint
ILP Legend

Postby iambiguous » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:26 pm

James S Saint wrote:Carleas, if even you are still reading any of this;

I have to ask why that even though you don't personally exercise biased and bigoted judgment, you hire moderators that do. Your site over the past years has been ruined by these mods lacking any sense of balance judgment and thus abuse their authority. The few mods that don't cannot make up for even one of the now several biased and bigoted mods. This site now only appeals to trolls and bigots who know nothing nor want to know anything about philosophy. They just want to exercise their particular brand of hatred, mods included.

Why do you want that?

Just out of curiosity, James, if you were a mod, which posters here would get a warning and which ones would you just outright ban?
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby James S Saint » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:35 pm

iambiguous wrote:Just out of curiosity, James, if you were a mod, which posters here would get a warning and which ones would you just outright ban?

I would discuss before I presumed, just like I told you in your rant against me (ie the "Mormon family").
After such discussion, not many would get banned or even warned, not even you.
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else

It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".

Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
James S Saint
ILP Legend

Postby iambiguous » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:01 pm

James S Saint wrote:
iambiguous wrote:Just out of curiosity, James, if you were a mod, which posters here would get a warning and which ones would you just outright ban?

I would discuss before I presumed, just like I told you in your rant against me (ie the "Mormon family").
After such discussion, not many would get banned or even warned, not even you.

Thanks. That's good to hear.

But with respect to the Mormon couple, you seemed to be suggesting that you helped to keep them together by introducing them to the tenets of RM. All I wanted to know is how that actually unfolded in terms of the particular conflicts they had and how RM enabled them to bridge them.

On the other hand, I was not able to keep my own friend together with his fiancé by noting how their own entangled dispute [regarding abortion] was rooted in conflicting goods. But then I explained why this is often the reaction other folks have to it as well. This being because most folks insist on seeing the world [and their behaviors in it] as either in accordance with morality or immorality.

In this respect they are objectivists and I am not. However, I don't even construe my own argument here as anything other then in accordance with the manner in which Richard Rorty proposed ironism.

So, let's go back here... viewtopic.php?f=6&t=184955&start=375
...and pursue it further. Or start a new thread. Less all the personal pokes.

All I'm trying to do [polemics aside] is understand RM as it reflects on the lives we live. In particular when they come into conflict.
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby James S Saint » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:38 pm

Out of curiousity, did you receive official warnings for your off-topic and ad hom attacks upon me?
Else

James S Saint
ILP Legend

Postby iambiguous » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:39 pm

James S Saint wrote:Out of curiousity, did you receive official warnings for your off-topic and ad hom attacks upon me?

Come on, James, be serious. As though anything I might have booted your way was not more than matched by the stuff you booted my way.

In fact, I challenge anyone to read the thread and demonstrate otherwise.

Me, I'm a polemist in exchanges like this [in exchanges with objectivists]. I just enjoy jousting with words. It is never, ever personal with me. Or [I would imagine] for any ironist.

In my opinion, it is you who seem far more afflicted with "the psychology of objectivism". This: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby James S Saint » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:22 am

iambiguous wrote:Come on, James, be serious. As though anything I might have booted your way was not more than matched by the stuff you booted my way.

YOU brought me into it. I had said nothing at all about you, even indirectly.
You not only mentioned me, but lied in the process.
I didn't request any kind of adjudication on the issue.
I merely pointed out that you lied, which you did and about me personally.
Else

James S Saint
ILP Legend

Postby iambiguous » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:45 am

James S Saint wrote:
iambiguous wrote:Come on, James, be serious. As though anything I might have booted your way was not more than matched by the stuff you booted my way.

YOU brought me into it. I had said nothing at all about you, even indirectly.
You not only mentioned me, but lied in the process.
I didn't request any kind of adjudication on the issue.
I merely pointed out that you lied, which you did and about me personally.

Here is the thread in question. This is the page I injected myself into the discussion. I can only leave it to others to decide for themselves who is lying about what...and who is aiming spitballs at the other. Maybe too close to call at times, sure. But not even close to being Good vs. Evil. #-o

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=184955&start=75

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:46 am

What if no one even looks or cares?

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby iambiguous » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:49 am

mr reasonable wrote:What if no one even looks or cares?

Or, sure, they can always go back to your threads. :wink:

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:50 am

I don't have that many threads. I'm more of a responder than an initial rambler.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby iambiguous » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:55 am

mr reasonable wrote:I don't have that many threads. I'm more of a responder than an initial rambler.

Actually, I was going to say, "or, sure, they can always go back to your posts", but I decided to take pity on you. :wink:

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby James S Saint » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:34 am

iambiguous wrote:Here is the thread in question. This is the page I injected myself into the discussion. I can only leave it to others to decide for themselves who is lying about what...and who is aiming spitballs at the other. Maybe too close to call at times, sure. But not even close to being Good vs. Evil. #-o

That wasn't the discussion.
That one is in the rant section (for a reason). And a reason associated with You ranting about Me.
Else

James S Saint
ILP Legend

Postby iambiguous » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:10 am

James S Saint wrote:
iambiguous wrote:Here is the thread in question. This is the page I injected myself into the discussion. I can only leave it to others to decide for themselves who is lying about what...and who is aiming spitballs at the other. Maybe too close to call at times, sure. But not even close to being Good vs. Evil. #-o

That wasn't the discussion.
That one is in the rant section (for a reason). And a reason associated with You ranting about Me.

Then note the discussion -- the one in which I am ranting at you but you are not ranting at me.

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby MagsJ » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:54 am

Iam JSS, I think you have strayed far from the topic - please resolve your issue via PM or another thread...
MagsJ
The Londonist

Next

Return to Meta