Satyr Pardon

I Think that might have been a good thing, hence the thread. I mean if there was no ongoing battle around his feelings of rejection and judgment of the Place and people’s reactions to him because he is him.

Yes, I do.

And what he says about my proposal in that forum is irrelevant to the issue. I’ll respond there, though.

I’m not sure exactly what the ban does for you if you go over there are read his posts.

Not really a response to the reasons I sited. But on topic, yes.

Doesn’t do anything for me, I didn’t say it did.

My point is that there is no point in un-banning him, as he has never allowed the ban to stop him from posting anyway, which at the very least displays a complete lack of respect for the rules of the forum. Why would you openly invite someone like that back? You can clearly see in his own response that the excuses you used to try to justify this idea in your OP are inaccurate.

The ban does stop him from posting and it means that he is attacked in ways that perhaps mods would not allow, especially with pressure, if he was a member in good standing. It’s not the same thing. That said I Went over and read some of the thread and it seems like he is taking back or never said - who can keep track - things he said here. I responded there briefly to him and I’ll just let whatever happens happen. I mean, it seems like he is saying he is not interested in posting here except in occasional blitzes, hard to even follow. But if that’s the case, you are absolutely right. He can crash in in drag now and then, to ‘show all the hypocrisy’ and then leave. His wishes fit with yours actually. Who am I to stand in the way of a solution that makes everyone happy?

Moreno,

Satyr is an extremely intelligent person who has developed an ideology that is internally consistent, whether you agree with that ideology or not. If Satyr has a cardinal failure, it is that he refuses to accept that other points of view can have any validity. No matter what anyone offers, it is always compared negatively to his POV and dismissed with the sardonic put downs for which he is famous. Being intelligent isn’t the same as being smart. He played his song here for years and it is no different than the endless loop of elevator music. Satyr simply isn’t capable of discussion, only preaching his ideology. Without questions, he becomes a one-trick pony. Understand that I bear him no ill will. In person, he may be one hell of a guy. But in a philosophy forum, he has spent his credability. I have no idea what removing a ban would do for ILP - or for Satyr. Sometimes, history is just history…

It seems rather resolved. He didn’t really want to be here, it seems, according to him in the other forum. He just wants to do what he can do through Quick joinings until banned. Which nicely confirms both the positions of the people who hate him AND his position about the forum.

It’s a ritual, like the Town where they throw a few tons of tomatoes on eachother once a year.

it’s not a fight. It’s symbiosis.

Silly me.

I feel sorry for him, reiminds me of victor/voctoria.

I understand the desire to take the high road, but in this case, it’s just a road…

Can’t you guys make up your minds, if you miss the guy that much, take a detour, go visit.

Is it possible just to give the goat access to only rant? It is what he does best. He won’t stop we know this, so is not a controlled burn better than a wildfire?

Didn’t quite read the posts, eh?

It’s a good suggestion, parallels his dungeon.

You got that one right, that is what I was thinking. Very fitting. He is going to be here, might as well put a halter on him.

I have this vague memory this was suggested, somewhere, perhaps not about him, and Carleas said he couldn’t or wouldn’t make restricted memberships. But perhaps he’ll weigh in.

Well interaction with the people or animals that can cause harm or intend harm is valuable as education. When we protect from the things we see as harmful, the result can be and often is creating a lesser challenged human. I don’t wish to encourage but, I must think of how protection can create weaknesses. Judicial control of attitude or crap allows members to access and learn more.There are enough here to give positive. If we worry about kids then we have to expose them and educate them. If we worry about adult sensitivity then where is the education of philosophy. Peace is not learning. Its too damn easy and lazy. Control allows the best of it all. Philosophy is based in conflict of opinion and attitude. He is going to be here, regulate it and allow learning. We can handle him don’t you think?

You don’t go to KTS and engage with Satyr so that you can learn. Why?

Why, what?

Why are you not at KTS?

Because its like finding yourself in a RobbZombie video.