duplicate posts

What makes duplicate posts–my computer or ILP? I’ll make a simple statement, submit it; and it appears twice.

do you click submit twice, thinking it didn’t work the first time?

Only an idiot would do that.

Only an idiot would do that.

Thanks.

Thanks.

You guys have too much time on your hands :smiley:

It’s your connection having a struggle because of various reasons usually. It’s not a matter of any web site, it’s a matter of how far you are from the source, what your half assed IP connection is doing and random spikes that produce lack of connectivity. It’s never the site itself, sites aren’t able to discriminate users they just post what comes in. Occasionally you might blast a site with a lot of posts, and this will slow down your connection, but unless you are manic depressive or just type at 180 WPM this is seldom the case.

It’s your connection having a struggle because of various reasons usually. It’s not a matter of any web site, it’s a matter of how far you are from the source, what your half assed IP connection is doing and random spikes that produce lack of connectivity. It’s seldom the site itself, sites aren’t able to discriminate users they just post what comes in, sometimes the site itself might go off on a burton because there are a hell of a lot of users on all spanking subject, but this is rare. Occasionally you might blast a site with a lot of posts, and this will slow down your connection, but unless you are manic depressive or just type at 180 WPM this is seldom the case. End of the day be patient or I will kill you.

This makes much more sense. My internet explorer is usually delayed by operations of my antivus activities. Also, I’m very slow with typing. It’s a shame that speed in typing should determine what and how I post.

You might want to switch to Firefox. Or any browser besides IE.

…BUT IT feels LIKE I am JUST TOO CLOSE TO love YOU!@#$%^&

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFE4rkSaKOY[/youtube]

Well you can often tell your antivirus software to ignore sites that are trusted, same goes with your firewall which is often the same thing these days. Also running anti spyware software which will eliminate things which analyse your browsing, benign or not they can slow you down. Of course running frequent malware removal programs can deal with this, chances are you already have them.

Once the duplicate post has been posted is there any way to get rid of it?

My computer will not download IE9.

My computer will not download IE9.

Yes… a mod’ll delete it for you :smiley:

I always delete duplicate posts on my boards… and on the other Mod’s boards… when I happen to see them.

That’s not a bad thing, the most popular browser is the browser that is targeted with the most malware. As someone else said use a less popular browser. IE9 is not bigger faster and better, all browsers are as fast as each other connection wise, even Microsoft cannot magically make the web faster.

I think IE9 has less than 50% of the market share now. I know they’re still the most used but it’s a step!

I still get duplicate posts. Usually these are short posts. I do not hit “submit” twice.