duplicate posts

Well you can often tell your antivirus software to ignore sites that are trusted, same goes with your firewall which is often the same thing these days. Also running anti spyware software which will eliminate things which analyse your browsing, benign or not they can slow you down. Of course running frequent malware removal programs can deal with this, chances are you already have them.

Once the duplicate post has been posted is there any way to get rid of it?

My computer will not download IE9.

My computer will not download IE9.

Yes… a mod’ll delete it for you :smiley:

I always delete duplicate posts on my boards… and on the other Mod’s boards… when I happen to see them.

That’s not a bad thing, the most popular browser is the browser that is targeted with the most malware. As someone else said use a less popular browser. IE9 is not bigger faster and better, all browsers are as fast as each other connection wise, even Microsoft cannot magically make the web faster.

I think IE9 has less than 50% of the market share now. I know they’re still the most used but it’s a step!

I still get duplicate posts. Usually these are short posts. I do not hit “submit” twice.

I still get duplicate posts. Usually these are short posts. I do not hit “submit” twice.

Case in point? ^^^

I think it’s an IE issue…

Some forums overcome the duplicate post problem with the message “There has been a post since you lastposted. Perhaps you’d like to review that post before posting again.” (paraphrase of message).

dup test long click

dup test double click

dup test ie

dup test ie dc

dup test ie interval

dup test ie interval

Looks like there is a setting on phpBB called Flood Interval which prevents a user from posting too rapidly. Hard to tell but it seems to be set at 15 seconds or less. Admin might try raising it to 30 seconds (or more) to see if it does anything for Ierrellus.

Thanks. In other forums I get the above message on submit. My IE is a dinosaur!

I tend to think that it’s the result of several factors, not just IE alone.