Changing screen names

A forum about the forums

Moderator: Carleas

Changing screen names

Postby Blurry » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:21 pm

I just noticed that Arc changed her screen name, and I'm wondering how I can do the same without having to create a new account? I dug through my User Control Panel and didn't see the option.
"Nothing is original. Steal from anywhere that resonates with inspiration or fuels your imagination. Devour old films, new films, music, books, paintings, photographs, poems, dreams, random conversations, architecture, bridges, street signs, trees, clouds, bodies of water, light and shadows. Select only things to steal from that speak directly to your soul. If you do this, your work (and theft) will be authentic. Authenticity is invaluable; originality is non-existent. And don't bother concealing your thievery - celebrate it if you feel like it. In any case, always remember what Jean-Luc Godard said: 'It's not where you take things from - it's where you take them to.'" - Jim Jarmusch
Blurry
fuck

Re: Changing screen names

Postby von Rivers » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:05 pm

I would also like to do that.
von Rivers
ILP Legend

Postby Gobbo » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:41 pm

I asked about this.

It costs $73 (US).
Gobbo
Choronzon

Postby Faust » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:16 am

I should be able to do this. Maybe in a couple of hours. I'm still working. PM me the names you want. Unless another mod shows up first.
Faust
Unrequited Lover of Wisdom

Postby tentative » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:34 am

BlurredSavant wrote:I just noticed that Arc changed her screen name, and I'm wondering how I can do the same without having to create a new account? I dug through my User Control Panel and didn't see the option.

Oh Oh... :roll:
IGAYRCCFYVM
Sorry, arguing with the ignorant is like trying to wrestle with a jellyfish. No matter how many tentacles you cut off there are always more, and there isn't even a brain to stun. - Maia

I don't take know for an answer.
tentative

Postby fuse » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:50 am

Once Monooq changes his moniker, I want to change mine to Monooq.

Thanks.

Please don't change my name, I'm only joking, and I am 180% happy with my current moniker.
fuse
Philosopher

Postby Faust » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:51 am

No can do, fuse. People are already confused enough when they converse with the original Monooq.
Faust

Postby Sauwelios » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:11 am

Mo [the second] wrote:I would also like to do that.

What, no more Nooqie?
"Someone may object that the successful revolt against the universal and homogeneous state could have no other effect than that the identical historical process which has led from the primitive horde to the final state will be repeated. But would such a repetition of the process--a new lease of life for man's humanity--not be preferable to the indefinite continuation of the inhuman end? Do we not enjoy every spring although we know the cycle of the seasons, although we know that winter will come again?" (Leo Strauss, "Restatement on Xenophon's Hiero".)
Sauwelios
Philosophical Supremacist

Postby statiktech » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:01 pm

I should probably change mine to Amosis...

If you understand that, you win a coupon for one free congratulatory, and hearty, handshake. If you don't get it, a coupon for a free beating about the head and neck.
"Man is the animal that laughs at himself."
—Robert A Heinlein
statiktech
SonOfABitchBastard

Postby Nah » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:41 pm

I've updated the member page of unofficial ILP Wiki to reflect name changes.
Perspective Logic - (Unofficial) ILP Wiki
Please put me in your ignore list if you don't like what I write. I don't mind it at all
Since it's not my intention to increase the suffering of others, please don't read my posts if you don't like them.
I do think existence, awareness, material, beings, and humans including you and me to be insane and stupid for structural reasons and from observable behaviors.
I don't think most humans have the preference for logical honesty/integrity that would make us to think in reasonable manner.
I don't think most of us have enough emotional stability to face simple anxiety and fear including existential anxiety.
And I like to think and dig things many of us don't really want to see.
Combination of these may make some of you uncomfortable, irritated, and turn into emotional, irrational, and even fanatic mental state.
So, please ignore my posts if you don't like them or if they make you feel uneasy.

Thank you for your understanding. :)
Nah
Philosopher

Postby Blurry » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:19 pm

Hey Faust, thanks :)
"Nothing is original. Steal from anywhere that resonates with inspiration or fuels your imagination. Devour old films, new films, music, books, paintings, photographs, poems, dreams, random conversations, architecture, bridges, street signs, trees, clouds, bodies of water, light and shadows. Select only things to steal from that speak directly to your soul. If you do this, your work (and theft) will be authentic. Authenticity is invaluable; originality is non-existent. And don't bother concealing your thievery - celebrate it if you feel like it. In any case, always remember what Jean-Luc Godard said: 'It's not where you take things from - it's where you take them to.'" - Jim Jarmusch
Blurry
fuck

Postby statiktech » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:33 pm

What about Titles/Rank and that sort of thing? I generally wouldn't care as I assume those are modified for/by seasoned members, and at the discretion of mods. Plus, it is a post based system, which makes the ranks more novelty than anything.

However, in my case, I honestly don't feel deserving of the title. I lack any talent as a philosopher, try as I might. If there are people looking at rank as a measure of what to expect, I'll only serve to disappoint. I'm a sideshow, a detour.

It really makes no difference in the scheme of things, and this is by no means an urgent request. I'd prefer something more along the lines of "student", "hypocrite", or even "dick head" [if you find it fitting]. Assuming this is an agreeable request. What does one call a self-loathing cynic, aside from "weak"?
Last edited by statiktech on Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
—Robert A Heinlein
statiktech
SonOfABitchBastard

Postby Flannel Jesus » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:35 pm

Faust wrote:People are already confused enough when they converse with the original Monooq.

i can attest to that
Flannel Jesus
For Your Health

Postby Faust » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:40 pm

Just tell us what you want, you weak, hypocritical dickhead student.....
Faust

Postby Flannel Jesus » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:42 pm

well gosh, i just wanted to agree with you...and i'm not even a student...
Flannel Jesus
For Your Health

Postby Calrid » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:46 pm

Can I be Sidhe again?

I yearn for the Gods. :)
“I think we can all look forward to the time when these three theories are given equal time in our science classrooms across the country, and eventually the world; One third time for Intelligent Design, one third time for Flying Spaghetti Monsterism, and one third time for logical conjecture based on overwhelming observable evidence.”

Oscar Wilde - probably.
Calrid
Philosopher

Postby Faust » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:54 pm

Flannel.........never mind.

As for you, calrid, i think we sent your username to Message Board Hell, after torturing and maiming it beyond recognition.

I'll look into it when I have a chance.
Faust

Postby Calrid » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:04 am

Faust wrote:Flannel.........never mind.

As for you, calrid, i think we sent your username to Message Board Hell, after torturing and maiming it beyond recognition.

I'll look into it when I have a chance.

:lol:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Hair in flames smiley*

I was kidding anyway not that bothered.
“I think we can all look forward to the time when these three theories are given equal time in our science classrooms across the country, and eventually the world; One third time for Intelligent Design, one third time for Flying Spaghetti Monsterism, and one third time for logical conjecture based on overwhelming observable evidence.”

Oscar Wilde - probably.
Calrid
Philosopher

Postby barbarianhorde » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:02 am

Funny shit
It is true that liberty is precious; so precious that it must be carefully rationed.
~ Владимир Ильич Ульянов Ленин

THE HORNED ONE
barbarianhorde
Philosopher

Postby statiktech » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:35 am

Faust wrote:Just tell us what you want, you weak, hypocritical dickhead student.....

Candy. I want candy.

I'm just giving you giving you guys a hard time and ...ranting, I guess. I mean, I am a self-loathing cynic, but I could care less what my rank says. Although, I would be curious what label you might give me, given the choice.

But, to answer your question "SonOfABitchBastard" will do nicely. Thanks.
—Robert A Heinlein
statiktech
SonOfABitchBastard

Postby von Rivers » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:33 am

statiktech wrote:just giving you giving you guys a hard time and ...ranting, I guess. I mean, I am a self-loathing cynic, but I could care less what my rank says. Although, I would be curious what label you might give me, given the choice.

Emo.

...You know why.
von Rivers
ILP Legend

Postby MagsJ » Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:05 am

Calrid wrote:Can I be Sidhe again?

You were Sidhe? I used to enjoy our exchanges up until you went crazy and got banned :D
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby Gobbo » Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:25 am

If this doesn't cost money I wouldn't mind having my name changed to 'Authority Figure'

That would be funny.
Gobbo
Choronzon

Postby Calrid » Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:19 pm

Magsj wrote:
Calrid wrote:Can I be Sidhe again?

You were Sidhe? I used to enjoy our exchanges up until you went crazy and got banned :D

Yes I was Sidhe. I've never made any secret of it, and have stated it several times in the past.

Besides I asked to be banned before you banned me if that counts for anything.

Oscar Wilde - probably.
Calrid
Philosopher

Postby Carleas » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:14 pm

Names and ranks can be changed easily (it's actually easier to change name than rank...), and for free on request. There are a few ranks that are automatically triggered by making a certain number of points, but those are overridden by a custom rank.

Old_Gobbo is now Authority Figure.
User Control Panel > Board preference > Edit display options > Display signatures: No.
Carleas
Magister Ludi

Next

Return to Meta