How come dangerous people are allowed here

JT wrote:

Yes, this is always how it starts. Words and phrases not tolerated when directed towards the “good” people are deemed warranted and acceptable when directed at the “bad” people.

This is why bad people should die of cancer or burn in ovens while the good ones applaud justice. I guess there is nothing wrong with this since it is just human nature. The only harm would occur if management condoned such actions but took offense at me suggesting one of the loved ones should die of cancer.

Tentative

This is true, but still no excuse. I am seeing the bigger picture.

So what you are saying is he is not man enough, not noble enough to restrain his negative tendancies. Do you not know it is exactly the ability to do that which makes us great?

I may be guilty of name calling. But nothing malicious. This is where your argument falls short. I am big enough to brush off silly comments like his, but that is not the point , the point my friends is you seem to applaud his idiocy.

Bollox. Nobody is applauding any of this. It’s all stupid. GET OVER YOURSELF ALREADY!

A

And impenitent
If you are going to take quotes of things I have said to illustrate a point, then at least have the courtesy to explain my whole point.

Because my whole point has never been that someone is an idiot if they are an atheist, my point is , like you said of me, they were sometimes unreasonable, and attacking towards me .Their condesending attitude towards me made me think it was stupid of them to be in a religious forum. That is different.

So no, your quote does not illustrate anything really.

If you act like a condencending prick, you reap what you sow.

Once a prick, always a prick? Not necessarily true. This guy sounds to me like he is more of a sensitive soul than once thought. I haven’t read what’s eating everyone, but why not just forget it? I don’t buy this crap of building a permanent reputation here, and then never being able to gain respect again. Anyway, are we all here to be eversoooooo popular among strangers? Probably not, but it is not good for everyone to gang up on the guy, even if he had a few inappropriate days. I say give him a break and play nice.

(I want Dr. S in my corner - I need to be able to sleep tonight… I plan on making Jesus an intimate before Monday morning… and will post my deepest spiritual thoughts in the Religion forum)

Iron Dog,

You may look at any picture you like, but this is going nowhere. I am but one of several who have tried, as kindly as possible, to lead you away from this hassling, and you refuse to accept this counseling. Your problems have been created by you. I’m not applauding anyone’s behavior in any of this. It is past childish. It had better stop, and stop now.

JT

Could some kind person enlighten me? Am I being an advocate for a gangster or misantrope? I don’t want to stir a pot, but I am too lazy to do research on the guy. Iron, what the hell did you do?

I ask this because it takes tentative quite a few punches to get the vein on his forehead engorged.

?!?

Okay Irondog, I respect many of the folks whom you have pissed off, sooo with your own words (since you so eloquently quoted me) what do YOU think you’ve done to be treated this way. I only took your side out of sheer ignorance of the situation, but, as I said, I respect tentative quite a bit. So, tell me, what did you do?

'Fraid I missed the fireworks of your débue Mr. Dog, but as a general rule, I think a little pepper always makes the food taste better.

I couldn’t care less about how obnoxious your posting persona is/was/may be, if you’ve got something intelligent to say, or a valid perspective on things - then keep on trucking.

If you’re just another dickhead with a big mouth and a know-it-all complex - then kindly piss off.

Time will tell.

For whatever it’s worth - welcome to the forums, and I look forward to crossing swords with you in the future.

Tab.

That would be me. The position is taken, Iron Dog, go find another job.

Now, kids, let’s say it together:

“Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me.”

There. Doesn’t everyone feel better now? Guuud.

detrop, explain how you finally managed to get that position? it must have been alot of work…

“For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” :slight_smile:

JT

Exactly

Nick_A

No human being deserves cancer or to burn in an oven and such thoughts promote evil. And agreeing with it furthers that evil. I find it hard to imagine that anyone feels this much hate. Most “bad” people need a hand to hold and have never had one. Don’t let those people change you and turn you into something your own mother wouldn’t recognize.

It should read:

“For all Gods have fucked up and fall short of the glory of Man.”

Now look what you made me do. I dropped my lantern.

You’re right, Bess.

What Hitler should have done was demanded total control of the continent of Australia, at which time he would have deported all the Jews, quarantined them there, and barricaded the island.

Hitler made an ass out of himself with those concentration camps. I was not impressed at all.

Hi Bessy

Thanks for the concern. You’d be surprised of what people are capable of once they’re on a roll. I won’t change. :slight_smile: Believe me I’ve both seen and experienced enough that if I were to take the low road, it would have been done by now. I have come to be very aware of this “selective morality” which only serves to justify killing as deserved.

Iron Dog

Last year I attended a talk given by Prof. Jacob Needleman who knows and understands far more about matters that interest us than we do together. I arrived early so was seated in the third row of people 15 rows deep.

When questions were invited, I asked my question to which he answered without any consolation or acknowledgement of my (for me) profound thoughts but with the invitation to go deeper. No pats on the head.

A woman new to these things asked the next question and she was very unsure and a bit afraid. His manner changed completely towards her. While I needed the direct rump kicking approach, she needed to be reassured. First she had to relax her fears so he spoke very reassuring to her.

I learned from this how important it is to begin to appreciate the different emotional states people are in especially on any sort of esoteric communication. It finally sunk into my thick skull that there is something more important than what is said and that is its ability for it to be received.

Unfortunately on a site like this, it is limited to intellect since we cannot know each other’s emotional states. So if you really want to help, you’ve got to begin by not suggesting that you want to laugh at them or demean them which only serves to invite negative states.

Of course this doesn’t always work because certain insights into the human psych are threatening but this can’t be helped. We have to consider how not to make the situation worse. Granted we cannot compromise what we believe are our essential thoughts but they can be expressed in ways that acknowledge the emotional states of those around us and if we intensify them, we only hurt them and block off any sort of successful communication.

I know I am disliked by several. This cannot be helped since much of what I’ve come to understand as to human nature is not all that flattering for the ego. I can’t become Mr. Wonderful to cater to this by such a lie. It defeats the purpose. But I can honestly say that I’ve been polite and respectful. I would not say to someone that I would laugh at what they believe. I invite you to do the same in pursuit of meaningful communication and consideration for transient fragile emotional states.