is there a way to ignore a poster ?

i mean so the forum will automatically not put their messages up on any threads you read.

Oh! how I wish there was! We were looking a mod where the initial poster could kick / ban people from a topic. It also included the functionality you want to ignore people. But there’s no current plan to install it. While it might have been fun, it would have a negitive overall effect.

There was also another that would ignore short replys unless there was a HTTP link in it.

This is probably non of my biz, but when someone asks to ignore, he asks to be ignorant. This probably doesn’t address why he asks in the first place, but I’m just giving a thought.

Nothing to guess at, it’s because of the surprising number of idiots that are posting one liners or other crap that adds nothing to the discussion at hand. All they are, are little post whore out to increase their post count. In there unenlightened minds’ ‘High post count = Cool’, the only hope is that they read something on the site that enlarges it at some point.

just curious, who exactly do you have a grudge against? What I always do is warn them first then I PM the mods if their posts are in anyway offensive.

This reply to your post is an example of some of the crap out there! Doesn’t have a clue yet thinks he knows what he’s talking about:

I want to delete this post but I’m leaving it as an example. No idea cross posting is bad or the subject matter at hand. LoL, at the moment I feel like doing a Jesus at the Temple!!!

Pax Vitae:

I don’t blame you for blaming me on that post of mine. But I did it for a reason: check out the post by POR in Psychology named “music, mind language”, then you’ll know.

POR:

I was actually going to join your new post in the ranthouse named “debate”. But second thought, no. 'Cause I think you’re low.

But what if they are good one liners though? heh.

Oh, and would this apply in Mundane Babble and the Rant Forum where the topics are often varied and rarely informative?

Maybe the creation of the mundane bubble and the ranthouse forum isn’t such a good idea in the first place…

probably non of my biz, but this forum’s name is help and suggestion right?

Well if you want to go that route… the site is called I love Philosophy, not I love Natural Sciences or I Love Social Sciences etc etc. Mundane Babble and the Rant forum get frequented quite a bit, sometimes they are excellent places to handle the more OT sort of topics people might find an interest in… and they are also a great place for some killer one liners ! heh

Philosophy is nothing without sciences, but it can do without rants. I see that your recent post in mundane bubble could be put into the psychology forum.

GCT, don’t say that the creative writing shouldn’t be here, 'cause poetry and all the rest is a great way to get your philosophical ideas across, maybe you could try some sometimes…