Longer Signatures?

A forum about the forums

Moderator: Carleas

Longer Signatures?

Postby Marshall McDaniel » Wed Jun 16, 2004 11:49 pm

hey Pax, Raf, Frighter! What are the odds of us getting longer sigs?
"..All life is the struggle, the effort to be itself. The difficulties I meet with in order to realise my existence are precisely what awaken and mobilise my activities, my capacities.."GASSET"..For enjoyment and innocence are the most modest things: neither want to be looked for. One should have them-but one should look rather for guilt and pain!.."NIETZSCHE"..The struggle itself toward the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.." CAMUS
Marshall McDaniel
Philosopher

Postby Rafajafar » Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:01 am

Mind your own business.

Yeah, actually, I was thinin the same thin. I'll relay the message and mull around some other options for sigs too, kk?
"Hell is other people." -JPS

People whose posts I block:

• Flannel Jesus

If these people are participating in a conversation, I cannot read what they say. This may cause disruption in flow, but unfortunately their poor behavior requires it.
Rafajafar
Objectively Subjective

Postby Pax Vitae » Thu Jun 17, 2004 6:14 am

I'd say about 100 to 1!!! Haha, no just joking we're looking into. Come into the Web Team forum (for the Staff only). As that's where we are descussing the may other options related to this.
Pax Vitae
(Jonathan Wilson)

Postby BMW-Guy » Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:44 pm

Keep up the good work fellows. I really could use a tad more signature-space. My new logo took up all the room in my sig, but I still want to have my quotes. :wink:
Philosophy aims at the logical clarification of thoughts. Philosophy is not a body of
doctrine but an activity. A philosophical work consists essentially of elucidations.
Philosophy does not result in 'philosophical propositions', but rather in the clarification of
propositions. Without philosophy thoughts are, as it were, cloudy and indistinct: its task is
to make them clear and to give them sharp boundaries.
(Tractatus Logico Philosophicus; Wittgenstein)
BMW-Guy
Christian Platonist

Postby Marshall McDaniel » Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:17 pm

Thanks guys. :D
"..All life is the struggle, the effort to be itself. The difficulties I meet with in order to realise my existence are precisely what awaken and mobilise my activities, my capacities.."GASSET"..For enjoyment and innocence are the most modest things: neither want to be looked for. One should have them-but one should look rather for guilt and pain!.."NIETZSCHE"..The struggle itself toward the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.." CAMUS
Marshall McDaniel
Philosopher

Postby Pax Vitae » Fri Jun 18, 2004 6:47 am

BMW-Guy- I think your sig already has enough space!!!
Pax Vitae
(Jonathan Wilson)

Postby BMW-Guy » Fri Jun 18, 2004 9:47 pm

Oh, Okay, I won't add anything then. Sorry about that. Should I maybe remove the picture I have in it now to make it smaller? :wink:
Philosophy aims at the logical clarification of thoughts. Philosophy is not a body of
doctrine but an activity. A philosophical work consists essentially of elucidations.
Philosophy does not result in 'philosophical propositions', but rather in the clarification of
propositions. Without philosophy thoughts are, as it were, cloudy and indistinct: its task is
BMW-Guy
Christian Platonist

Postby Rafajafar » Sat Jun 19, 2004 5:27 am

BMW-Guy wrote:Oh, Okay, I won't add anything then. Sorry about that. Should I maybe remove the picture I have in it now to make it smaller? :wink:

Yes

• Flannel Jesus

If these people are participating in a conversation, I cannot read what they say. This may cause disruption in flow, but unfortunately their poor behavior requires it.
Rafajafar
Objectively Subjective

Postby BMW-Guy » Sat Jun 19, 2004 7:47 pm

Well, we make a compromise. I had my graphics=people shrink the image (it is now 75 pixels shorter than it was before). How's that? :wink:
BMW-Guy
Christian Platonist

Postby Tuihu » Sat Jun 19, 2004 10:29 pm

Rather remove it, BMW guy. Your sig looks an advertisement.
Tuihu

Postby BMW-Guy » Sun Jun 20, 2004 12:26 am

1) I was not asking for a non-mod/admin's opinion.

2) It is an advertisement. Can't believe it took you that long to figure that out. :wink:
BMW-Guy
Christian Platonist

Postby Rafajafar » Sun Jun 20, 2004 12:57 am

I like the tude!

My little beamer's growing up.

Keep the ad, I think it's more than appropriate that you advertise your site. Just bear in mind, there is a "www.philosophyforums.com" that you got banned from... and your banner kinda has the words "Philosophy Forums" on it... which may be a bit misleading.

• Flannel Jesus

Rafajafar
Objectively Subjective

Postby BMW-Guy » Sun Jun 20, 2004 1:06 am

Rafajafar wrote:I like the tude!

My little beamer's growing up.

Keep the ad, I think it's more than appropriate that you advertise your site. Just bear in mind, there is a "www.philosophyforums.com" that you got banned from... and your banner kinda has the words "Philosophy Forums" on it... which may be a bit misleading.

Thanks Rafa, a compliment coming from you definiately means a lot. 8)

I did, however, contact Mr. Knierim ("Paul"), the admin of Philosophyforums.com. He said he had no problem with me using the sig picture/name for my own purposes. Appearently, there are several "Philosophy Forums".

And now, I also own the paid, full-feautured version of Invisiion Power board software. Except, I can't do much with it until I figure out PHP and SQL. :wink:
BMW-Guy
Christian Platonist

Postby Smooth » Sun Jun 20, 2004 3:45 am

remove the banner with car BMW. It makes it look cluttered. Trust me, to heck with the quotes. The simple Talk Forums banner will work. I'll make you another one with one quote on it already.
Smooth
Philosopher

Postby BMW-Guy » Sun Jun 20, 2004 6:28 pm

Done. :wink:
BMW-Guy
Christian Platonist

Return to Meta